ADVERTISEMENT

Those that have Slinbox ????

KevNole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Ray City Ga. / Moody AFB
Do you like it? Are there better options?

My main use would be to view my direct tv channels, our recordings from direct tv ./dvr at campgrounds on our TV in our RV, also at tailgates if it works on 4 G . I worry that network over loads will slow or make tailgating via slingbox a bad idea or no? Can I send it directly to another tv, if so what do I need, I know phone apps are available for android/ Iphone etc.

Any pros-cons, ideas, thoughts,,,,,,

I am sure this has been hashed on here over the years, but hey, being behind the times is all me

Love mine. Have streamed at tailgates via LTE. I'm sure that 4G would degrade the picture some. Works just like you are sitting in front of your TV. I have done it from my IPAD with a HDMI connected to the TV and voila, HD TV whereever you are.

Reactions: KevNole
Love mine. Have streamed at tailgates via LTE. I'm sure that 4G would degrade the picture some. Works just like you are sitting in front of your TV. I have done it from my IPAD with a HDMI connected to the TV and voila, HD TV whereever you are.

Second this... I've been using it for years while traveling abroad. Was watching "gunslingers" on history channel tonight from the southern hemisphere. I don't know of a better option out there yet.

Haven't tried the tailgate thing yet... I actually brought this up in another thread where the LR unanimously informed me it wouldn't work because of poor data bandwidth available on gamedays. So 770, you've actually done this?

The AC adapter for Slingboxes are proprietary, so you can only get one through them. And they run very very hot. This leads to the capacitors burning out after only a few years. When you get your unit, crack open the adapter with a little screwdriver, and drill vent holes in the plastic case, then zip tie it back closed. The AC adapter will now last much longer, and save you the $20-25 charge for a new adapter every few years.

If you already have direct TV, don't they have satellites for traveling, tailgating etc? Wouldn't that be a more reliable option than streaming through 4g?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT