ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts from DFW on my layover ...

FSU91

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Had a 6:00 am flight out of TLH this morning. Still wearing the clothes I wore to the game. We didn't get back to @Tobynole98 house until 1:00 am last night and seeing as I had to head to the airport a little after 4:00 am we just stayed up and watched the game on TV.

First I want to say that it was a real pleasure to meet a lot of Warchant posters while I was in town at both the Horizon's and Corner Pocket get togethers. Got to talk with Corey, Aslan, Ira, Jeff, Tom and Gene as well as many of the posters here. Made this Montana Nole very happy as I don't get to connect with many (any) Noles out in Big Sky country.

Second ... wow ... what a game. Loved the atmosphere. Happy that we fought back from 18 down in the 3rd quarter. The 2018, 2019 and 2020 teams would have quit and just mailed it in, but not this group. We are on the way back up and I'm incredibly happy about it. And I loved so much that our 100+ recruiting targets in the stadium got to see that atmosphere and got to see how close we are to getting back to where we all want to be.

There were still a lot of mistakes and too many penalties, but this is a much better organized and disciplined team. That right there is a huge improvement. And I was really, really impressed with a lot of our players. Sure, the transfers really looked great, but the younger players really give me hope. Guys like Fuller, Douglas, DeLoach, Dent, Scott, McClain, Williams and Ward all flashed and are going to be really good ones over the next couple of years as we get better.

I can't wait until this Saturday evening to watch us take on Jax State and to see the next step for this team and for the program as we move forward ... as we CLIMB. Gonna tailgate for my early Griz game (can you believe that they beat a top-20 U-Dub team?!?!?!?!) and head home afterwards to watch the Noles. Can't wait.

Hope that we can get to 4-1 when we go to UNC. I'm going to that game as well in just a few short weeks to meet up with some of my buds. I'd love to meet more Warchant folks in Chapel Hill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News