ADVERTISEMENT

Tomorrow is an exciting day for the fatties

Not a big fan of pastas, but that’s a helluva deal.

Best Italian this side of Milan...
Giada says hi!
maxresdefault.jpg

If I was in college or recently graduated this deal would be awesome. Olive Garden must be really banking on people not using this much

I don’t think I have spent $100 total in the Olive Garden. I’m not a foodie but OG has always sucked. When people come back with “the salad and bread sticks are great”, the point is proven. Crap food.

Reactions: goldmom
If I was in college or recently graduated this deal would be awesome. Olive Garden must be really banking on people not using this much
Drinks, and food for the rest of the family or party probably more than make up for it.

I think Dennys actually broke even or made money when they gave anyone who wanted it free breakfast.

Yep, the only thing worth anything at Oliver Garden is the breadsticks and salad.

Yep, the only thing worth anything at Oliver Garden is the breadsticks and salad.

It's as good as any other red sauce joint. For me, generic Italian (sauce & pasta) is the same no matter where you go. Even the "mom and pop" shops that make homemade sauce-- simmered all day long. I can tell a slight difference in quality between Mom's Pasta Sauce and the Aramark provided frozen sauce in a pouch that OG uses. It's not until you get to high-end regional Italian cuisine that there is a different, IMO.

Count me out. We went to one about a month ago and the food didn't taste good at all and we both did not feel well the next morning. That was the last time we will go to an OG.

Reactions: FSUBigALNoles#1
Sent the link to my daughter...Fettuccine alfredo is her favorite dish.

It's as good as any other red sauce joint. For me, generic Italian (sauce & pasta) is the same no matter where you go. Even the "mom and pop" shops that make homemade sauce-- simmered all day long. I can tell a slight difference in quality between Mom's Pasta Sauce and the Aramark provided frozen sauce in a pouch that OG uses. It's not until you get to high-end regional Italian cuisine that there is a different, IMO.

I mean if all you're comparing is just a spaghetti and red sauce then maybe so. But once you move past that into other dishes it's not even close. Their Fettuccine is always tough, their meats taste frozen, their flavors are bland. The only thing that is good is their salad which is a very simple salad held together by a tasty dressing and bread sticks which are consistent.

I can't think of a single dish otherwise that I've ever had there that I thought was anything more than mediocre. There are several other places in Tallahassee alone (And we're no haven for good food) who would blow them away in a blind taste test.

Only time we ever get OG is when we order online and curbside pickup. Nothing great, but good when you don't feel like cooking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT