ADVERTISEMENT

Tucker Duke's Closing

Ouch, that post is going to give someone a very long night. Their social media director must not have been very happy about the place going calling out the owner like that.

We were talking about that post at work. Damn, talk about coming out swinging. Takes some ballz to post a link from a post like that to a personal Facebook page of the accused party.

That sucks - was looking forward to happy hour there for Garnet & Gold weekend.

The Social Media guy put Brian Carteneuter on blast.

Was the fire intentional to cover up the financial mess?

Wage theft? Damn, that's just wrong. Did like this comment:

"The Tucker Duke Burger cannot be modified or substituted...but your server's paychecks can."

Originally posted by RunRonnieRun:
I think it runs deeper than wage skimming.
From everything I have heard it runs much deeper than wage skimming.

I picked up on that as well, just commenting on the that particular part. I worked in restaurants all through college, it would suck to have that situation.

I
wonder if opening a restaurant and stealing all of the money from its
employees while restricting basics like using a phone and substituting
menu items was just an elaborate sabotage for his next stint on
Cutthroat Kitchen

yikes

Wouldn't it be a bigger story if a business in Tallahassee didn't have fraud at some point?

Originally posted by Bav803:
Wouldn't it be a bigger story if a business in Tallahassee didn't have fraud at some point?
No doubt....for some reason there seems to be a culture among Tallahassee Bar and Restaurant Owners that remitting bar taxes..sales taxes..etc is OPTIONAL...my current favorite is the city giving a million of our tax dollars to a guy to open a BrewPub which he has no experience doing and is behind in all his invoices and openly flouting the law on his current place 101/Edison...Many Owners of other Bars/restaurants have been complaining anout him for years because everyone knows he's cheating the rules and it's very unfair to the owners/operators that try to do it right..why does this guy get a pass to openly break the rules/law and get a one million dollar check from the city to compete against guys who did it with their own money and Sweat like Proof..Fermetation..Grasslands..etc?...you got it... typical Tally Good Ole Boy Network in action...he is a good friend and campaign manager of our current Mayor one Andrew Gillium...this is why Tally will never be an Austin or Madison

Good Ole Tally Cronyism

Originally posted by NoleNewsIsGoodNews:
Originally posted by Bav803:
No doubt....for some reason there seems to be a culture among Tallahassee Bar and Restaurant Owners that remitting bar taxes..sales taxes..etc is OPTIONAL...my current favorite is the city giving a million of our tax dollars to a guy to open a BrewPub which he has no experience doing and is behind in all his invoices and openly flouting the law on his current place 101/Edison...Many Owners of other Bars/restaurants have been complaining anout him for years because everyone knows he's cheating the rules and it's very unfair to the owners/operators that try to do it right..why does this guy get a pass to openly break the rules/law and get a one million dollar check from the city to compete against guys who did it with their own money and Sweat like Proof..Fermetation..Grasslands..etc?...you got it... typical Tally Good Ole Boy Network in action...he is a good friend and campaign manager of our current Mayor one Andrew Gillium...this is why Tally will never be an Austin or Madison
Yeah I didn't like how the Edison deal went down but I've been told "it's not a big deal" by another business owner in town.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT