ADVERTISEMENT

TV advice needed

jaxnole77

Contributor
Mar 29, 2002
Yeah, I know it's been posted many times, but I never needed it. Today, my 8 y/o Samsung gave out. It has performed very well, but what say ye members of the LR based on personal experience?

The old one is 40" but I figure no less than 50" for the new one.

All advice is welcome.

Find the cheapest price you can on eBay or Amazon for the one you end up wanting, and then walk into Best Buy and they'll match the price. They did it for me. Great service, and it allows you to walk out w/the TV you want for genuinely the cheapest price possible.

Buy from the magnolia room at best buy. I researched the hell out of my last TV got it in 06, plasma with a 300,000 hour burn out rate. Cost a ton, but I don't have to buy a new tv for 20 more years.

Find the cheapest price you can on eBay or Amazon for the one you end up wanting, and then walk into Best Buy and they'll match the price. They did it for me. Great service, and it allows you to walk out w/the TV you want for genuinely the cheapest price possible.

This. I've always had success getting Best Buy to price match.

4K - Not enough stations using it yet and when it becomes more widespread the TV's will have dropped in price even more.

4K TVs have already dramatically dropped in price... I'm going to be in the market soon and I'll definitely go for 4K even if we're in the beginning stages of the switch... Why buy a TV now that will be completely outdated in what... 2 years? Less?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT