ADVERTISEMENT

UF Stat Comparison - Grier and Harris

BOwens21

Starter
Jan 31, 2007
Posted here since it's not actually FSU football related. I hear all these gator fans saying the offense was so much better with Grier and they would have dominated us had he not been suspended. So I did a little research. Grier and Harris both started against 4 SEC opponents. Average rank of these opponents based on Sagarin rankings was 44 for Grier and 50 for Harris so very similar.

In Grier's 4 games, they averaged 25 PPG, 221 passing yards, and 332 total yards. Harris' 4 games, 22 PPG, 211 passing yards, and 350 total yards.

So Grier's games averaged 3 more points, 10 more passing yards and 18 less total yards. None of Grier's SEC starts even got to 400 total yards. The gators seem to be glorifying or misremembering Grier's time at QB.

I was in a meeting this morning with a bunch of Gators and the narrative coming from them is their usual "woulda" "coulda" "shoulda" crap that they would have won with Grier. One moron even blamed the refs saying the "ACC refs were protecting their own". The backtracking began when he was informed that those were SEC refs.

Highly entertaining.

Reactions: YogiNole
It all amounts to Ole Miss being horrendously overrated and uf destroying them while they were horrendously overrated.

If not for that game, the gators are basically Houston, this year...and that's being disrespectful to Houston.

Treon's team destoryed UGA and played close against LSU. What FSU didn't do, unlike UT, UGA and Ole Miss was self destruct and give the game away.

From just watching them play, it was obvious that Grier was far better throwing on the run.

Unfortunately for lil Treon, I don't think there is a PED that'll make him grow 6 inches so he can see over the line of scrimmage.

Reactions: TexSkills
Rumor out of the Gainesville garbage dump is that Grier will be gone soon, probably transferring.

Rumor out of the Gainesville garbage dump is that Grier will be gone soon, probably transferring.
well supposedly they have the next big QB all world recruit lined up so just wait til next year.

Grier played the start of the season, against the cupcakes, so he should be embarrased by the the fact that his stats are any better than Treon's.

FWIW, UF should have been forced to forfeit those games.

Grier played the start of the season, against the cupcakes, so he should be embarrased by the the fact that his stats are any better than Treon's.

FWIW, UF should have been forced to forfeit those games.
I didn't count the OOC games, so the only cupcakes were SEC cupcakes.

You mean the guy we kicked out of school for throwing a weak punch at a girl in a bar earlier this year?

I saw that somewhere. Any truth to it? I really hope it happens. OMG that would be rich...

I saw that somewhere. Any truth to it? I really hope it happens. OMG that would be rich...
He was apparently at the game Saturday with the recruits, but the Gators are saying they're recruiting his brother not him.

Reactions: cmanole
You mean the guy we kicked out of school for throwing a weak punch at a girl in a bar earlier this year?
no! I didn't know about that until Saturday or Sunday. They supposedly have two different all-world qb's interested in going there, PLUS the guy they excoriated just a few weeks ago.

And watching them tap dance around their previous statements is going to be hilarious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT