ADVERTISEMENT

Vernon Hargreaves III speaks

RaleighNoleToo

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2006
In an article from the combine in today's News and Observer, it had the following:
... The knock on him is his size, 5 foot 11 and 192 pounds at the combine.
But Heargraves said his matchups against wideouts like Odell Beckham Jr., Amari Cooper, and Kelvin Benjamin prepared him well for the NFL.
"At the end of the day it's all about competing. Height, size, it doesn't matter," Hargreaves said. "When you go against a guy like Kelvin Benjamin, there's not much technique you can use. You've got to compete."

My reaction to the article is that I would not be bringing up one of my lowest moments as an example of competing during a job interview.

2013 v UF: Kelvin Benjamin 9 Rec 212 Yds 3 TD.

My niece married a diehard Alabama fan. When I saw him last Thanksgiving, he was trying to say Hargreaves was a much better DB than Jalen Ramsey. I told him Jalen would be taken higher in the draft, but he didn't believe me, being a total SEC homer. Of course, the Thanksgiving before that, he was insisting Marcus Mariotta was a better pro prospect than Jameis. I love needling that guy.

To be fair. KB mostly went up against Purifoy, not Hargreaves.
Yep. The last TD was against Hargreaves and that play was almost indefensible where the ball was thrown and with the adjustment KB made. The long completion, the second TD and the first TD with all the broken tackles were against other guys.

Still, I think I'm leaning DE for the Bucs pick. Guess it kinda depends on who is available but seeing the way Von Miller dominated the Super Bowl is hard not wanting to try and duplicate that.

KB also had a slow start because the refs were letting them play. Once he realized that was the situation, the defense didn't look so hot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT