ADVERTISEMENT

Washington NFL team finally gets new owners!

BrianNole777

All-ACC
Jan 27, 2023
Near Washington D.C.
If you're an NFL fan, you know how awful Daniel Snyder is. He drove the Washington football team into the ground for 20+ years. Truly sad.

It's a new era!

Obviously, the world has changed, and team valuations have skyrocketed in the last ten years ( all leagues) but it is still amazing that a guy who bought in at 800 million, then ran his business into the ground is still able to realize a 650% gain on his purchase

Reactions: BrianNole777
Obviously, the world has changed, and team valuations have skyrocketed in the last ten years ( all leagues) but it is still amazing that a guy who bought in at 800 million, then ran his business into the ground is still able to realize a 650% gain on his purchase

NFL teams are cash registers although I heard a guy on the radio say if Snyder invested $800 million in 1999 that he used to buy the team in an index fund in the stock market, he'd come out about the same as the $5 billion profit.

I'm also not sure how mmuch money Snyder sunk into the franchise while he was destroying it

If you're an NFL fan, you know how awful Daniel Snyder is. He drove the Washington football team into the ground for 20+ years. Truly sad.

It's a new era!

Interesting you say drove into the ground and another post said destroyed. He bought in for 800 million and sold for 6.05 billion. How many businessmen have "destroyed" their companies the same way over the last 24 years?

NFL teams are cash registers although I heard a guy on the radio say if Snyder invested $800 million in 1999 that he used to buy the team in an index fund in the stock market, he'd come out about the same as the $5 billion profit.

I'm also not sure how mmuch money Snyder sunk into the franchise while he was destroying it

I heard something similar but did not think it is analogous to purchasing the team. It is doubtful anyone would have loaned Snyder 350 million to invest additionally, there is an assumption that he would not have managed the investment similarly to the team.

Interesting you say drove into the ground and another post said destroyed. He bought in for 800 million and sold for 6.05 billion. How many businessmen have "destroyed" their companies the same way over the last 24 years?

The NFL is different. They share money so it's a guaranteed profit.

Here's a good timeline of how he destroyed the franchise, essentially.

The NFL is different. They share money so it's a guaranteed profit.

Here's a good timeline of how he destroyed the franchise, essentially.

Destroyed? It still exists as a business. If the Redskins make the playoffs this year none of this matters and Snyder is 5 billion richer for all his mismanagement. Poorly managed? Bad leader? Sure.

Destroyed? It still exists as a business. If the Redskins make the playoffs this year none of this matters and Snyder is 5 billion richer for all his mismanagement. Poorly managed? Bad leader? Sure.

Destroyed in the sense he took a franchise that won 3 Super Bowls in 10 years to one that won just 2 playoff games in 23 years.

He's maybe the worst owner in all sports.

Destroyed in the sense he took a franchise that won 3 Super Bowls in 10 years to one that won just 2 playoff games in 23 years.

He's maybe the worst owner in all sports.
So did Jerry Jones destroy the Cowboys? Many teams that had success twenty or thirty years ago haven't won in a while. I wouldn't say its all the owners fault. Guys a terrible manager but he got a return on his investment and a viable business still exists.

Reactions: F4Gary
So did Jerry Jones destroy the Cowboys? Many teams that had success twenty or thirty years ago haven't won in a while. I wouldn't say its all the owners fault. Guys a terrible manager but he got a return on his investment and a viable business still exists.

No.

Jerry Jones has 3 Super Bowl wins under his belt.

Every NFL team profits, mostly due to TV deals. The fact that Snyder made a $5 billion profit means nothing about his business acuity.

No.

Jerry Jones has 3 Super Bowl wins under his belt.

Every NFL team profits, mostly due to TV deals. The fact that Snyder made a $5 billion profit means nothing about his business acuity.

Still the franchise isn't destroyed.

Compare the Cowboys to the Redskins since Snyder took over. Very similar records. They were talking about this on the Ticket here in DFW.

They're both pretty bad but Snyder cratered a once proud franchise.

Snyder also has all sorts of lawsuits and allegations personally against him of sexual harassment and business shadiness.

Jerry Jones still has 3 rings.

I'd give Jerry Jones a C grade and Snyder an F.

They're both pretty bad but Snyder cratered a once proud franchise.

Snyder also has all sorts of lawsuits and allegations personally against him of sexual harassment and business shadiness.

Jerry Jones still has 3 rings.

I'd give Jerry Jones a C grade and Snyder an F.
"Snyder also has all sorts of lawsuits and allegations personally against him of sexual harassment and business shadiness."

Well he was in the right city for that. He could be any politician.

Reactions: BrianNole777
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT