ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball What a Giants executive said about James Tibbs

Bob Ferrante

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 10, 2022
Michael Holmes, Senior Director of Amateur Scouting for the San Francisco Giants, did a zoom with some beat writers. The organization views Tibbs as a corner outfielder and not a first baseman. I've transcribed a few of Holmes' quotes:

"We really believe in his bat, his ability to hit and to hit with power. The left-handed aspect of him being able to drive the ball to all fields. And really kind of be a middle-of-the-order (hitter) that we think will be in our lineup in the near future. A guy we’re really excited that we had an opportunity to draft. And a guy that we’ve been scouting for some time.

"We know he has the ability and skills to be a really good major league hitter. Whatever pace that comes in, I like to tell a lot of these players that they kind of set their own pace based on how they go out and perform. … We’ll allow his play to dictate the pace it goes.

"James has that ability to control the zone. I think one of the unique traits that he has is he can see the ball extremely early, which allows him to make really good swing decisions. The way he tracks the ball, the way he sees it early, his understanding of the strike zone is what I think makes him a complete hitter."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.