ADVERTISEMENT

What is the news on Women's Lacrosse team?

c691027

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jul 13, 2002
Ashburn, GA
www.riserair.com
Any facilities to be built? Who will be our first Head Coach? Who are we recruiting? When is thier first game? Can we be good at this sport?? Club Team is the base??

The only lacrosse information that I know of so far: It's a spring sport (2024) so Michael Alford and athletics administration will formally make a hire after the season and ramp up to compete in spring 2025 by hiring a staff and recruiting.

Part of the women's athletics initiative (to raise $75 million over five years) is to have a lacrosse field and stands and not use the current club lacrosse/Marching Chiefs field.

Beyond that, and I'm speculating here, but given the timeline they could use the band/turf field for the first season. Many of us remember the old soccer field in the mid-1990s was what's now the parking lot next to the Leach Center. Then the boosters raised the money for the soccer/softball complex as Florida High moved and the medical school was launched.

This $75 million initiative for women's athletics is ambitious. Hope to have some more detail in a few weeks but am still gathering a few interviews for a story.

The only lacrosse information that I know of so far: It's a spring sport (2024) so Michael Alford and athletics administration will formally make a hire after the season and ramp up to compete in spring 2025 by hiring a staff and recruiting.

Part of the women's athletics initiative (to raise $75 million over five years) is to have a lacrosse field and stands and not use the current club lacrosse/Marching Chiefs field.

Beyond that, and I'm speculating here, but given the timeline they could use the band/turf field for the first season. Many of us remember the old soccer field in the mid-1990s was what's now the parking lot next to the Leach Center. Then the boosters raised the money for the soccer/softball complex as Florida High moved and the medical school was launched.

This $75 million initiative for women's athletics is ambitious. Hope to have some more detail in a few weeks but am still gathering a few interviews for a story.
Bob, you getting an interview lined up. I think having thier own fundraiser is an excellent way to take the pressure off the department. The Plex was the best idea they fostered IMHO. Maybe they renovate Leach with it while they are building Lacrosse Facility or upgrade turf field to it's own venue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT