ADVERTISEMENT

Where did you live when you were attending FSU (if you did, in fact, attend FSU)

SeaPA

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Dec 17, 2002
All of the places that were my temporary homes during my school years are no longer available, as in, all have been knocked down:

One year at Smith Hall
A year at the old ATO house, across Tennessee Street from the Business school
A year at Cash Hall, while the ATO house was being rebuilt after a fire
Back to the ATO house for my last year

Freshman year at Kellum Hall.

The next 3 were at house on the north side of Tally that I rented with roommates from high school-- nothing fancy, nothing crumbling.

Good times, those.

Reactions: Redfish Jim
Freshman year at Kellum Hall.

The next 3 were at house on the north side of Tally that I rented with roommates from high school-- nothing fancy, nothing crumbling.

Good times, those.
Landis Hall for 2 years, then two different apartment complexes off of West Call and Chapel that have long been torn down.

Reactions: Redfish Jim
College Plaza and the complex on Woodward behind the Catholic Church. Chateau something, can’t remember the name as it was in 1976

Sally Hall, Cauthon (as an RA for a semester), then McCollum.

I rented a room in a high school teacher's basement until my 3rd year, when my partner and I moved into a little ADU near Chez Pierre.

Jennie Murphree freshman year
Landis start of Sophomore year, then my Sorority House. Also went summer quarter after my Junior year and shared an apartment at College Plaza with a sorority sister. Back to the house for senior year.

Reynolds Hall my freshman year, right next to Suwanne Dining Hall. Then lived in Ragans Hall for two years, lived off campus my senior. Being able to wake up and have a very short walk to Doak on Saturdays was a highlight.

Valencia apartments (no longer there); Worthington Park (still there but under a different name - behind the Lindy's on Laffayette St.); house in Brewster Estates off East Mahan back when that was the country.

Jennie Murphree freshman year
Landis start of Sophomore year, then my Sorority House. Also went summer quarter after my Junior year and shared an apartment at College Plaza with a sorority sister. Back to the house for senior year.

Where is (is) College Plaza?I remember the name but cannot place it.

Smith Hall one quarter, Kellum Zoo two weeks,DeGraff Hall three quarters,
Campus Edge Caves , two and a half years
Nylic Ave one year

For the first two years, I lived in a dingy apartment complex off of Airport Dr. The location was great, and I had access to FSU Softball, which was awesome. However, the surrounding "atmosphere" was less than perfect.

I finished my time in Tally at Timberlake; my Pops to this day says I was an idiot to let go of that property., I stopped reminding him that he was the one that sold the TH before I graduated.

First place was an apartment at Berkshire Manor off Ocala, a dump. Then an apartment in Spanish Oaks off High Rd. I'd be surprised if either of those still existed, unless revamped and re-branded as something else.

All of the places that were my temporary homes during my school years are no longer available, as in, all have been knocked down:

One year at Smith Hall
A year at the old ATO house, across Tennessee Street from the Business school
A year at Cash Hall, while the ATO house was being rebuilt after a fire
Back to the ATO house for my last year

Deviney Hall, freshman year.
Townhome on Jefferson St first semester, Brittany Estates with a high school friend that came to FSU second semester sophomore year.
Townhome at the Timbers junior and senior year.

My roommates were high school friends, one of whom was ATO.
His younger brother pledged, and was in the ATO house when there was a fire. That would have been very late 90s, or early 2000s.

Townhome on Jefferson St first semester, Brittany Estates with a high school friend that came to FSU second semester sophomore year.

His younger brother pledged, and was in the ATO house when there was a fire. That would have been very late 90s, or early 2000s.
1999. My daughters pledge sister was dating their House Manager when it burned

On Tharpe St. across from Godby HS and off Mission Rd northwest of town.

Yeah, I knew there was another fire in that time frame. I believe the house burned three times, first in the late 60s/early 70s, then the one when I was there (1983), then the last one. I believe the house was knocked down after that one.

Yeah, I knew there was another fire in that time frame. I believe the house burned three times, first in the late 60s/early 70s, then the one when I was there (1983), then the last one. I believe the house was knocked down after that one.
The first one in the early 70’s happened when my younger brother was an active. Some drunk KA’s
(But I repeat myself) set it on fire in 1983. BIG mistake. Jim Smith was an ATO slum and was the Attorney General of Florida at the time. Since most of those houses were University owned at the time he was able to go after the KA Chapter.
😉

My wife an I lived on West Call St. where Threezerotwo apartments are now. Of course rent was about a third of what it is now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT