ADVERTISEMENT

Who has cleared off the most US National Parks from their map?

FSUTribe76

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jan 23, 2008
I don't assume it's me as there are some people (looks at F4) who have me by a couple of decades and have traveled more. But I've got almost half of the 59.

I've been at least once as an adult to:

Acadia
Arches
Big Bend
Biscayne
Bryce Canyon
Canyonlands
Capitol Reef
Carlsbad Caverns
Channel Islands
Congaree
Death Valley
Everglades
Grand Canyon
Great Sand Dunes
Great Smoky Mountains
Haleakala
Hawaii Volcanoes
Joshua Tree
Mammoth Cave
Mount Rainier
North Cascades
Saguaro
Sequoia
Shenandoah
Yosemite
Zion

Last edited:
So you don't have to look up the list of all NPs, here is a list of the parks I haven't been to yet.

American Samoa
Badlands
Black Canyon of the Gunnison
Crater Lake
Cuyahoga Valley
Denali
Dry Tortugas
Gates of the Arctic
Glacier (Montana)
Glacier Bay (Alaska)
Great Teton
Great Basin
Guadelupe Mountains
Hot Springs
Isle Royal
Katmai
Kenai Fjords
Kings Canyon
Kobuk Valley
Lake Clark
Lassen Volcanic
Mesa Verde
Olympic
Petrified Forest
Pinnacles
Redwood
Rocky Mountain
Theodore Roosevelt
Virgin Island
Voyageurs
Wind Cave
Wrangel-St Elias
Yellowstone

And I included Yellowstone and Grand Tetons here because while I have visited them as a kid I don't really count it until I go back as an adult. And those are probably the next two I'll be knocking out unless it's Pinnacles or Olympic.

I've only been to four of them. Kinda sad, I guess. I've always tended to gravitate to the more densely populated touristy urban areas. Not sure if I'd enjoy a vacation of driving across country to look at wide open spaces.

I found a different list that I'd do better at, and I'll post it separately.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Been to a bunch, but it's not a checklist for me.

I've only been to four of them. Kinda sad, I guess. I've always tended to gravitate to the more densely populated touristy urban areas. Not sure if I'd enjoy a vacation of driving across country to look at wide open spaces.

I consider it a checklist because for the most part the National Parks are the best natural features out there. Now there are a couple of truly amazing ones that are state parks not National Parks (Niagara, Goblin Valley, Valley of Fire (Nevada), Valley of Fires (New Mexico), DuPont State Forest (NC), Dead Horse Point, Grayton Beach, and John Pennekamp all come to mind) and even some private places (parts near Carmel by the Sea and Red Sand Beach in Hawaii are up there with the National Parks). But for the most part all of the National Parks I have visited have been amazing.

The only duds I would say to avoid that I've been to are Congaree, Biscayne and to a certain extent Great Smoky NP mainly because there are nicer areas and waterfalls nearby outside of the NP.

Been to a bunch, but it's not a checklist for me.

Me too. Been to the "big ones". My parents started us out as kids in the early 60's. The parks were so different then. I feel lucky to have seen them and have great memories even today.

Here's the list so far. Hope to get at least four more over the next couple years.

Biscayne
Everglades
Yellowstone
Great Smoky Mountains
Bryce Canyon
Capitol Reef
Zion
Grand Teton

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT