ADVERTISEMENT

Soccer With what we lost and what we added

BeANole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
What is your thoughts on how this season will go? Do we go back-to-back or come up short?

Also, UNC had a mass exodus. What are your thoughts on their program right now?

I'll simply give my opinion and add this reply to the 2024 thread above.
We lost some really key players and studs.
Leilani Nesbeth and Echegini, Brown and Olsson and Flynn were all studs. IMO Echegini and Nesbeth will be the toughest to replace.
I believe we have brought in more than enough talent to replace what we lost and more.
The problem is, other than the transfers, they are not yet experienced on the FSU level. The Flynn, Olsson, Brown, Echegini and Nesbeth we saw last year WERE NOT the same players their first year in college.
We can hope that a couple of them will make the transition as easily as Dudley did.
We really need the transfers to be rocks as they learn the system.
They will certainly have the opportunities, b/c ?6 of these newcomers will miss about a month for the U20 WWC..
Bottom line IMO, is that we have the talent (*most depth ever) to repeat. Will we gel like last year's team?
AS to UNC, they will be the most shallow team in over 30 years. I don't expect them to be in the top 4 in the conference.
I expect FSU and Stanford to occupy 1 and 2 in some order. Unfortunately, I don't believe we play them in the regular season.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: FLSnole and BeANole
Stanford also lost some major talent..no?
Not nearly as much as we did. 3 key players, Kennedy Wesley, Maya Dom and Ryan Campbell the GKer.
Campbell transferred ironically to ?UCLA?
They have a very talented freshman class coming in, so I would put them at 2 in the ACC for the preseason.. JMHO

It will be impossible to be better as this was one of the best women's college soccer teams I can remember. Hopefully we can be close to as good. Really looking forward to seeing this team play and as you mentioned it seems like a deep team as far as talent. Thanks for your thoughts!

Not nearly as much as we did. 3 key players, Kennedy Wesley, Maya Dom and Ryan Campbell the GKer.
Campbell transferred ironically to ?UCLA?
They have a very talented freshman class coming in, so I would put them at 2 in the ACC for the preseason.. JMHO
Doms will be tough to replicate. Really good player. Campbell was stellar vs everyone not named FSU. From my lip reading talent it appeared she dropped a F bomb as she left the pitch after the NC game. Shell shocked.

Reactions: BeANole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT