ADVERTISEMENT

WOW Airlines

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
Anyone traveled this airline. It's a low-cost transatlantic airlines. They are offering $99 one-way tickets from SFO or LAX to Iceland. I'm sure it is pretty bare bones but I probably could handle it....

Reactions: RTM58
Anyone traveled this airline. It's a low-cost transatlantic airlines. They are offering $99 one-way tickets from SFO or LAX to Iceland. I'm sure it is pretty bare bones but I probably could handle it....

This came up a couple of months ago. I've never flown it but was intrigued by the prices and my BIL and SIL looked into it as well. The public nonLR consensus seems to be the same complaints/praise as Allegiant which I have used frequently. But as long as you travel light and know how to pack appropriately and are not enormously overweight where the smaller seats are a problem it seems to be quite good. Someone claimed to have flown them on here but that person was not me.

Ya, it seems legit. Don't know if I can convince the wife to spend 9 hours on a budget airline.

Wife and I would like to visit Iceland and we're relatively close to SFO. But that $99 price is only for the flight out, on the way back they charge you more. Plus, they stick you with fees for everything. Have a carry-on over 11 pounds? That's another $100+ fee. All adds up.

With all the fees, it might be worth traveling w/o luggage, buying clothes at the destination, and throwing them away before you return.

Just gotta dress right.

67a4b010-273e-11e5-8bc2-bd80b33bf12f_tumblr_l3z0h8Levc1qb9tg5o1_500.png

Reactions: DMoriarty
With all the fees, it might be worth traveling w/o luggage, buying clothes at the destination, and throwing them away before you return.

Considering the strength of the dollar vs. euro - this is probably the route to go.

Their pilots say WOW just if the flight is "uneventful".

Wife and I would like to visit Iceland and we're relatively close to SFO. But that $99 price is only for the flight out, on the way back they charge you more. Plus, they stick you with fees for everything. Have a carry-on over 11 pounds? That's another $100+ fee. All adds up.
After reading the review that KC posted, I think this is the case. While the "base price" might be $99 each way, it doesn't taxes and fees, so your $198 flight quickly gets to ~$350. Then depending on if you want to pick out your seat, or take more than 11lbs of luggage with you, or have a sip of water during the flight, the fees keep adding and adding. By the time your flight is over, did you really save any money? And if you did, was it enough to warrant having to go through the el-cheapo-air experience, and the feeling of taking the least cost, bare bones route?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT