ADVERTISEMENT

WVU-Tenn Tickets $112 Upper Level

NYCNole

Star Player
Apr 1, 2002
Belk College Kickoff game in Charlotte charging $112 with Ticketmaster fees to sit UPSTAIRS! Of course more than half of upper deck remains unsold. Who expects a casual fan to bring his kids/family to WVU-Tenn at $112 per ducat?

$560 for a family of five to attend before parking or tailgate. Such a shame b/c as a kid my father took us to tons of sporting events in 1980-90's.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Belk College Kickoff game in Charlotte charging $112 with Ticketmaster fees to sit UPSTAIRS! Of course more than half of upper deck remains unsold. Who expects a casual fan to bring his kids/family to WVU-Tenn at $112 per ducat?

$560 for a family of five to attend before parking or tailgate. Such a shame b/c as a kid my father took us to tons of sporting events in 1980-90's.
Got to pay those $5 million payouts to the schools somehow. It does make me wonder how sustainable the regular season bowl type games will be.

I actually think the payouts come from TV money and the money from the gate is where expenses are paid and the venue / promoters make their money.

Belk Bowl Committee clearly outsmarting themselves. If they had to charge that to turn a profit they are in trouble.

I just checked Ticketmaster and only several hundred extreme upper corners/end zone remain. Charlotte is a day's drive for two rabid fanbases with high expectations. They won't have a problem selling tickets.

I just checked Ticketmaster and only several hundred extreme upper corners/end zone remain. Charlotte is a day's drive for two rabid fanbases with high expectations. They won't have a problem selling tickets.

They made schools purchase middle sections and sell those blocks. Waiting for Stubhub prices to decline Friday.

I have a few friends who went to Tenn and they have absolutely no expectations for this year. If I was a UT fan I would not pay that kind of money to see my team get killed.

Attendance of just under 67,000, a little over 90 percent of capacity. The stadium was nearly empty at the end.

College football isn't the "quaint" game it used to be (if it ever was), it's big business with a number of corporate interests and universities dying for facility money driving the agenda.

I'd like to think it's in a bubble as this isn't sustainable.

As for WVU-UT, seems like a good place to do some free opioid addiction counselling.

I'm pretty sure face value for our home game with Clemp is $200
And there isn't even a T-Pain or Vanilla Ice concert after.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT