ADVERTISEMENT

Your replacement for Negan?

Formerly Rockymtnole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Feb 9, 2013
Negan sucks. Period.

Who would you like to see in his role as uber-villain of the zombie apocalypse?

I'm thinking an Anton Chigurh or Amon Goeth character would be much more terrifying. Either someone with a singleminded, psychopathic efficiency, or an unstable, unnerving, power-tripping nutcase.

Or, maybe a Hans Landa type - a cunning, charming, but ruthless villain. Anyone but Negan!

Who you got?

Negan sucks. Period.

I'm thinking an Anton Chigurh or Amon Goeth character would be much more terrifying. Either someone with a singleminded, psychopathic efficiency, or an unstable, unnerving, power-tripping nutcase.

Or, maybe a Hans Landa type - a cunning, charming, but ruthless villain. Anyone but Negan!

Who you got?

Anton Chigurh is one of the great villains of recent history, love his character. Absolutely chilling and unpredictable psychopath.

I stopped watching TWD after Episode 3, so I cannot comment on Negan past that point.

Hans Gruber would be great, if only McClain hadn't killed him. I guess TWD could have him as a walker.

I'd want someone with post-apocalyptic experience.

latest

"Greetings from The Humungus! The Lord Humungus! The Warrior of the Wasteland! The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla!"

Negan sucks. Period.

Who you got?

Look at the f'n bone

I'll give the alternate opinion that I think the OP may have been alluding to.

Negan is a wind bag who never shuts his f'ing mouth. As for his soliloquies, he hits 1 HR for every 20 strikeouts.

I'll give the alternate opinion that I think the OP may have been alluding to.

Negan is a wind bag who never shuts his f'ing mouth. As for his soliloquies, he hits 1 HR for every 20 strikeouts.
Exactly.
I don't hate him because he's scary (he's not) or sadistic, I hate him because he's boring as hell. He's overly flamboyant, but not frightening. He distracting and sucks the air out of the scene - when he's going on and on and on I feel like I do when I'm stuck on a plane with a seat mate that just won't shut up.

Agree with OP, Negans clown diatribe shtick has killed TWD. I laugh whenever he tries to be menacing, its become a joke imho.

Id sub in the Candyman.

I would not replace the actor for Neegan. Can't think of who else might pull off the charismatic / terrifying balance better.

And as someone who was way behind on episodes when I saw this thread title I got ticked thinking he had been offed and someone had put a spoiler in a title. So, glad that wasn't the case...

I think Negan is fantastic. He's a nice blend of sadistic/psycho and funny/cool. I think the Governor was the one that was straight up psycho, Negan is different. I thoroughly enjoy his dialogue (although I could do without the constant leaning and elongated movements, kinda odd to me). But JDM is usually great in everything he does.

Reactions: Bartdog
I think Negan is fantastic. He's a nice blend of sadistic/psycho and funny/cool. I think the Governor was the one that was straight up psycho, Negan is different. I thoroughly enjoy his dialogue (although I could do without the constant leaning and elongated movements, kinda odd to me). But JDM is usually great in everything he does.
Same here...favorite villain so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT