ADVERTISEMENT

Zac Brown Band?

dmm5157

Seminole Insider
Jan 30, 2005
Tallahassee
So I don't know much about the guy/band, other than I've been noticing him collaborating with big rock bands lately. Last year, he had a song collaboration with Foo Fighters. Now, there's a song on their new album with Chris Cornell on vocals that plays regularly on the radio.

Pretty solid song, excluding a few parts. I'm a big Chris Cornell fan and the song has a some Soundgarden/Audioslave elements, until Zac Brown starts singing. I am not a fan of Zac Brown's vocals at all, but the guitar work is good. I think the song would have been better had it just been Cornell throughout, but half is better than none.

Anyway, here's a link to the song. LINK

Funk, any thoughts?
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Heavy is the Head

I am not a big country fan but my wife is and because Tallahassee only gets country artist to play here we typically go to the bigger country shows (I get to accumulate brownie points while drinking and people watching). Zac Brown was by far the best country concert I have seen (not a huge sample size but been to about 6-10 others). It was more like a real concert and not a show that is repeated from city to city. The musical talent was evident and the encore opened with a Metallica cover from the bassist in an FSU shirt (he's an alumni). That along with what Dave Grohl said about him on his HBO special has made me respect them a lot more.

Fan of the band because of their live shows and reputation. They definitely put on a good show and have a ton of collective talent. They started playing a ton of covers and some are getting out there now (the most well known is probably Devil Went Down to Georgia, which I think they played at an award show).

I think this was the song they played at the Final Four show, could be wrong though.

I respect his band's talent and the fact that he writes his own stuff, I had a great time at his concert here in Tallahassee. I met Zac and his fiddle player on the beach the day before he left for DC for his Veterans Day show with Dave Grohl on HBO. I think this was around the time his episode of Sonic Highways came out but I hadn't seen it yet or I would've asked him about it. Pretty random, my wife and I are walking down an almost empty beach and as we walk past a small family an older lady kinda falls out of her chair so I go to help her up and its Zac Brown's nanny, we both help her up at the same time and I noticed who he was. He was a pretty nice guy, said they were "hiding out" on vacation, he was at his beach house with family and some of the band before going to the show in DC.

Originally posted by dero316:
I respect his band's talent and the fact that he writes his own stuff, I had a great time at his concert here in Tallahassee. I met Zac and his fiddle player on the beach the day before he left for DC for his Veterans Day show with Dave Grohl on HBO. I think this was around the time his episode of Sonic Highways came out but I hadn't seen it yet or I would've asked him about it. Pretty random, my wife and I are walking down an almost empty beach and as we walk past a small family an older lady kinda falls out of her chair so I go to help her up and its Zac Brown's nanny, we both help her up at the same time and I noticed who he was. He was a pretty nice guy, said they were "hiding out" on vacation, he was at his beach house with family and some of the band before going to the show in DC.
excellent story bro!

I love ZBB, saw them in Jax when they came the first(?) time. They are like a gateway country act. Another is AKUS, but they're both so far away from mainstream country that I think I'm safe.

Best live show I have seen in over 20 years.

Very talented guys, great musicians.

Not a country fan, but I actually saw ZBB 2 years ago - my bro is a big fan and did not have anyone to go with so he got me a ticket.

The band is extremely talented - actually the guitar player (not even sure he is considered guitar player as he played as much piano - nasty, barrel-roll boogie-woogie playing) played one of the best solos I have ever seen.

I have to admit some of the songs are a little hokie for my taste - songs about fishing and drinking beer - sorry, just not my thing.

But I did enjoy the show a lot more than I expected.

Saw them twice in concert here in NY, going again in August. Shows are a lot of fun live and their best songs are ones you dont hear on the radio.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

They definitely put on a good show. I saw them in Tally the last time they came to town. His back up singers may be better than he is.

Best main steam country band out today. Great live show biut hard to see them in arenas now after seeing them in small atlanta venues. They do have tally connection with john Hopkins fronted the woodpeckers in the 90s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT