ADVERTISEMENT

Allnoles busted up bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was driving a dodge sedan I think. Passenger car. I was driving an infinity. I will be getting a big truck when I can drive again.

In other news I’m waiting on transport to Tally now. Won’t be fun but I need to get there and I don’t need to be in trauma center now. They might do more surgery.
Hate to hear about the specter of more surgery. Get a F-150 (or bigger) and you’ll be as safe as you can be. Take care.

She was driving a dodge sedan I think. Passenger car. I was driving an infinity. I will be getting a big truck when I can drive again.

In other news I’m waiting on transport to Tally now. Won’t be fun but I need to get there and I don’t need to be in trauma center now. They might do more surgery.
Was your wife with you, and is she okay?
Agree on a truck. A big ass Ram. Seriously.
Does Volvo make trucks? 😛

Shared some of this in another thread here but heard from an fsu guy on TMB about sharing it here. I realized many didn’t see it. Figured it should share it as it’s own thread if people may want to know.

I was involved in an accident on Friday. A lady pulled out in front of me while I was traveling about 60 miles an hour. I am happy she is OK. I was not nearly as lucky.

I don’t want to go into too many details, but I broke the hip sockets on both sides, the femurs on both sides, and suffered a severely comminuted wrist fracture . The right hip was completely displaced, which is absolute hell on earth. Not that rest isn’t.

Right now I am about eight hours out from my fifth and hopefully final surgery. On the plus side, I’ve had great care. They’ve done a lot to control pain. But it’s the worst thing I’ve ever experienced and it’s something I would never wish on anyone.

I am looking at at least 12 weeks from now before we can even consider any weight bearing. That means figuring out how to get back to Tallahassee for inpatient rehabilitation and then home to deal with the rest of my care. It is and will be hell on me and my wife. But it is not the end. I will get through this. We have realized just how blessed we are. The support system we have is not only incredible, but it is overwhelming. We will have all the help we need I am sure. We already have people figuring out which doors will need to be widened and where the ramps are going to go and all of the other things that I will need.

Guys, I really like some of you, and some of you drive me crazy. But I beg each and every one of you To be extremely safe with you and your family in every single thing that you do. Like the commercial says, life comes at you fast. You can be doing everything right and in three seconds it is all changed. I had planned to be Participating in the Tallahassee Winter parade Saturday night with my friends and crewmates. Now, my primary goal is to be able to walk that parade route one year from now. I never could’ve imagined life changing so fast.
Praying for a swift and full recovery. Heal up quickly my FSU brother.

Shared some of this in another thread here but heard from an fsu guy on TMB about sharing it here. I realized many didn’t see it. Figured it should share it as it’s own thread if people may want to know.

I was involved in an accident on Friday. A lady pulled out in front of me while I was traveling about 60 miles an hour. I am happy she is OK. I was not nearly as lucky.

I don’t want to go into too many details, but I broke the hip sockets on both sides, the femurs on both sides, and suffered a severely comminuted wrist fracture . The right hip was completely displaced, which is absolute hell on earth. Not that rest isn’t.

Right now I am about eight hours out from my fifth and hopefully final surgery. On the plus side, I’ve had great care. They’ve done a lot to control pain. But it’s the worst thing I’ve ever experienced and it’s something I would never wish on anyone.

I am looking at at least 12 weeks from now before we can even consider any weight bearing. That means figuring out how to get back to Tallahassee for inpatient rehabilitation and then home to deal with the rest of my care. It is and will be hell on me and my wife. But it is not the end. I will get through this. We have realized just how blessed we are. The support system we have is not only incredible, but it is overwhelming. We will have all the help we need I am sure. We already have people figuring out which doors will need to be widened and where the ramps are going to go and all of the other things that I will need.

Guys, I really like some of you, and some of you drive me crazy. But I beg each and every one of you To be extremely safe with you and your family in every single thing that you do. Like the commercial says, life comes at you fast. You can be doing everything right and in three seconds it is all changed. I had planned to be Participating in the Tallahassee Winter parade Saturday night with my friends and crewmates. Now, my primary goal is to be able to walk that parade route one year from now. I never could’ve imagined life changing so fast.
🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

I’m going to be here probably until mid January.

If you are local and want to come spend a little time with me sometime, let me know. I am pretty social and will hate being alone. Of course, the nurse told me an hour ago that they have never had so many visitors in one day. I had to laugh because we turned away about 20.

We are already decorating my room. In fact, my 6 1/2 foot Santa Claus is now standing in the corner watching over me. Hey, I asked if I could have a Santa. They said I could. I post a picture of him but I have no clue how that stuff works.

i very clearly missed on that swing! 😂

it was a glancing reference to one of the more "illustrious" former posters on warchant, a 6foot6 phenom.
Oh, I am sorry. You can pitch really slow ones right over the place right now and I will miss many of them. Or, I might swing tomorrow morning. You never know. We are doing a really good job keeping the meds limited, but they still are the meds that are trying to keep me comfortable while I deal with all this rehab.

Anyway, I appreciate the responses and the support. Every single one of them matters. Y’all sleep well, Ambien lady is on the way.

Last edited:
Just a little update. I’m still here at TMH rehab, and I will be at least until after New Year’s. I’m trying to get home as quickly as I can, but I will be nonweightbearing anyway so I want to make sure I am completely safe and my wife and I are able to care for me properly.

This isn’t fun. I won’t lie. But holy crap the people here are absolutely amazing. Whether I’m having a good day or a bad day, they are there. They push just the right way. They encourage me. They’re there with me when I’m down. Yesterday evening and last night were absolutely awful. Both physically and psychologically. I felt so down. But it’s all temporary, and the people here were so patient and brought me out of it and I’m ready for today to be an absolute ass kicking day. I mean, except for all that physical stuff, I feel like I go out and do anything today.

Those thoughts and prayers matter. Don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise. I know people say that it’s just words, and maybe a lot of time it is, but I know that when folks here say it, they mean it. And I know that if there’s anything I need some of your local guys will be there. That knowledge is really important when you’re trying to push through something that is really difficult minute by minute, and will last months and months.

I do want to clarify something. I can’t remember what I posted and when, but early on I thought the femur‘s were broken. I want to clarify that they are not. I think that is a really good thing. Having the acetabulem‘s have to be basically rebuilt from scratch at some parts is bad enough, but having to have the femurs rebuilt inside of there and to deal with them would’ve been really really difficult. So, it’s another thing to look at positively.

Y’all have a great day and GO NOLES!

Just a little update. I’m still here at TMH rehab, and I will be at least until after New Year’s. I’m trying to get home as quickly as I can, but I will be nonweightbearing anyway so I want to make sure I am completely safe and my wife and I are able to care for me properly.

This isn’t fun. I won’t lie. But holy crap the people here are absolutely amazing. Whether I’m having a good day or a bad day, they are there. They push just the right way. They encourage me. They’re there with me when I’m down. Yesterday evening and last night were absolutely awful. Both physically and psychologically. I felt so down. But it’s all temporary, and the people here were so patient and brought me out of it and I’m ready for today to be an absolute ass kicking day. I mean, except for all that physical stuff, I feel like I go out and do anything today.

Those thoughts and prayers matter. Don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise. I know people say that it’s just words, and maybe a lot of time it is, but I know that when folks here say it, they mean it. And I know that if there’s anything I need some of your local guys will be there. That knowledge is really important when you’re trying to push through something that is really difficult minute by minute, and will last months and months.

I do want to clarify something. I can’t remember what I posted and when, but early on I thought the femur‘s were broken. I want to clarify that they are not. I think that is a really good thing. Having the acetabulem‘s have to be basically rebuilt from scratch at some parts is bad enough, but having to have the femurs rebuilt inside of there and to deal with them would’ve been really really difficult. So, it’s another thing to look at positively.

Y’all have a great day and GO NOLES!
And Go AllNoles!

Wow man...sorry to hear this and hope for a full speedy recovery.

Also have you contacted Morgan and Morgan? Or Dan Newlin??

Reactions: Random_John

^^^^^Gotta go with a legitimate heavyweight, and not the mass-retail guys that prey on unwitting consumers who make critical decisions based on silly billboards or TV ads. @AllNoles will know the right people.....think product liability action too against Infiniti....unlikely that the tortfeasor has enough insurance or assets to make this right. Sounds like that car folded up like a cheap suit....not crashworthy.

Good luck brother...what a nightmare.

Bro, here is prayers that your Christmas improves . Hope you get the gift(s) you need.

Reactions: Random_John
Jeez bud I'm sorry to hear, and I hope you are able to recover quickly. Luckily you are still with us and it sounds like you are in good spirits.

10 years ago from October I was in a bad car wreck as well. It took years of in-patient and out-patient rehab and therapies to get me physically and cognitively ready for the rest of life. Those were trying times for me, my friends and my family. I say that to tell you that in the decade since, I've had the best moments of my life and for my future. I'm sure you see a mountain in front of you, but please be patient, no matter how tedious and difficult things seem. Recovery is a slow path, but it will also be a rewarding one not just for you but for the people who you care about and who care about you.

Please send occasional updates. I'm wishing you the best, friend.
Glad you come through well. I know this is a long road. I also know that the start of Covid with yesterday. I’m only 54. I have a whole life ahead of me, I will do everything I can to make sure that I’m not only will get through this, but I get through this and become better in many ways.

One of the things that Really triggers me is the cognitive issue. I was very fortunate not to suffer a TBI. I don’t think I lost consciousness in the accident (but I think I probably did multiple times due to pain at the scene) and I have been alert and oriented throughout the process. I mean, as alert and oriented you can be under days and days of anesthesia and then pain medication‘s.

There’s not much to Allnoles. A little fat old body and a pretty useful brain. I was very scared that I could have a brain injury.

well, the irony of all this is I am a personal injury lawyer. We got that part pretty well covered.

Honestly though, the only thing I’m thinking about now is getting better. I’m lucky to be able to think that way, but it really is true. There is not enough money in the world for me to have gone through this.

^^^^^Gotta go with a legitimate heavyweight, and not the mass-retail guys that prey on unwitting consumers who make critical decisions based on silly billboards or TV ads. @AllNoles will know the right people.....think product liability action too against Infiniti....unlikely that the tortfeasor has enough insurance or assets to make this right. Sounds like that car folded up like a cheap suit....not crashworthy.

Good luck brother...what a nightmare.
Like I said, that isn’t going to be any part of the issue in my life right now. Those things are dictated by insurance limits and other things that we don’t control

I don’t mean to suggest it doesn’t need to be handled. I don’t mean to suggest that things don’t need to be done right. I simply mean this should be very simple on our side. I am not going to go into any details of that stuff, but that is almost the business side of this. I am not concerned about the business side of this at this time. If someone offered me $10 billion to go through this, I would politely decline.

Again, this is what I do. I am very, very good at it. That does not change what I’m going through. However, I am making this all for the best. I have worked with injured people for years now. I do care about people. I have always been compassionate. I never understood how some of this was. There is a level of compassion you develop going through this that you simply cannot learn or earn any other way. Just as I would not take 10 billion, I would not go through this to develop those things. However, I did not get to choose. I’m going through this. And I’m going to be more compassionate, more understanding, and even more a forceful advocate when other people have to suffer things like this than I ever was. I hope that makes sense.

I don't even know what to say after reading this thread. My thought and prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong and bear down through the hard parts and it will get easier. 🙏

Just a little update. I’ve been at Tallahassee Memorial rehabilitation Center since Saturday. It’s really not bad, all things considered. Well, that’s absolutely not true. It’s bad and it sucks. But I have no choice and I’m going to get myself through this and I’m going to be happy every day.

Can’t remember if I shared about Santa. I have a 6 1/2 foot Santa that comes out every year at the house. When I got here, I asked if I would be home by Christmas. The therapist looked at me and said “uh, no.” My nurse happened to be here at the time, so I asked if I could decorate my room. She said sure. I asked if I could bring a Santa Claus. She said sure. I said my Santa is 6 feet tall. She said you can have it from what I know. So I texted to my buddies, and in 90 minutes they were rolling in Santa Claus On a handtruck. I’ve been overlooking me ever since and he is a big kit with the staff (and doctors). He loves them and they love him. If you’ve got to be stuck here, be stuck here with joy.

I’m doing all of the OT and PT I can, and ask my therapist each time what is going to be too much. I do more workouts in my bed now than I used to do when I could walk around. It’s all in context because we’re talking a few inches at a time, but I work hard.

Everyone has been worried about the right knee for a while because it just has a giant hole in it but no one found structural damage. I finally got cleared to be able to move it, so I’m looking forward to PT in an hour so I can start getting my right leg and hip working as well as my left leg and hip are working. I’ve been completely in a bed for two weeks as of tomorrow, and it is not fun. I want to work really hard through this next weekend and hopefully be able to get into a wheelchair by Christmas. Well, a wheelchair sounds great, but a shower chair sounds orgasmic.

Gentlemen and ladies, appreciate the little things. You simply don’t know how big they are until you lose them. I am very fortunate that I am only losing them for a while, and I am already able to do so much more for myself than I thought I would be able to by now.

I’m getting to know all of these amazing people that work here. When you are completely helpless and vulnerable, it matters who takes care of you. These folks who are taking care of me are absolute angels. I can’t sing their praises enough to their superiors and I cannot wait to sit down and talk with the CEO of this place to sing those praises. It is harder to get to know folks with the stupid masks because I can’t hear well and I can’t read lips. Plus, they are so understaffed at times that they only have a few minutes that they could be here. But every minute matters. I am really working so that when I leave here, they are happy I was here, not that I was injured, but that I was able to be here and give them all the support that I can. I get the feeling they don’t get much other places. They should.

I’ve been able to work some, and I’m keeping up with all this NIL debacle, and I am fortunate enough that I have to basically schedule my day so that I am not overwhelmed with visitors.

Anyone who says they would be happy to go through this so they could try to be positive and all that is a liar. But when you don’t have a choice, this really is as good as it could be. I hope nobody ever confuses what I’m saying. I am not saying that there’s anything fun about this. I am not saying that I would go through it again for anything. But since I am here, it is as good as it can be.

Like I said before, if you were in Tallahassee and want to come by sometime, shoot me a message. I would love to meet folks that I only know from Warchant. One of my very best friends in the world is only a friend because we met one day to get a drink and talk about something we disagreed with here. I have met and made great friends with a number of other people from his boards, also mostly because we disagreed. Hell, there might be a pattern. I have also got to know some amazing people through these boards, whether by tailgating with them for years or by just staying in touch off the boards and never even meeting in person. My wife always finds it hilarious that we will meet people who I know from some stupid message board and they turned out amazing.

Anyway, there is no pressure to become my new BFF. I am completely overwhelmed with the friendship and support that I have found throughout this. But if you want to put a face to a name, and get an idea what’s going on, just send me a message.

GO NOLES

Last edited:
Thanks, it’s OK. These things are kind of weird. I had so many people who knew what was going on leading up into the last few days, but then started to hear from more and more who were disappointed they had not even heard what was going on. This is the kind of thing that frankly everybody within even a few degrees of my life will learn about at some point because if it is an absolute success we’re looking at 4 to 5 months from the accident before I’m walking normally. All of you know how loud I am on the boards. Imagine how loud I am in real life. If I am quiet for four months, people notice.

That said, I continue to be amazingly blessed. I’ve already attended a few holiday parties by FaceTime, and I am waiting for a few more calls tonight. We finally had to send out a Carebridge thing just so folks did not feel like we were hiding information or did not feel like they were not important enough to us to keep them in the loop.

It’s just kind of simple that we are going to be truly selfish for the first time in our lives and take care of ourselves and not worry about every single other person first. That doesn’t mean we don’t love them or want them to knowwe just don’t want people to be at all negative because they did not get information when they thought they should. That’s something I’m going to keep in mind going forward when I learn about other people having to deal with difficult times.

I’ve been working on my lower extremities a lot. I push my physical therapists to tell me where I have to stop to avoid actually making the situation worse. I am pretty sure that I will have my lower extremities as ready as they can be way before the acetabulem are better. That may be the hardest part. Me lying in a bed or sitting in a wheelchair with legs that work but not being able to use them at all to bear my way. I simply can’t risk messing up the acetabulem before they are ready. I will admit I’m a little scared of even the reactionary kind of thing because I would hate to hurt myself just doing what comes normal. I’m not the first patient to deal with this, so I’m sure they have a way to deal with that.

I will catch you guys up soon.

Just another little mile stone. I got a little reward for busting my ass doing OT and PT. Today they got me into a wheelchair. I say they got me, because while I did everything I could do, I could still only move my right foot/leg about 6 inches to get toward where it would need to go. We are very far from me being able to even be the primary driver getting into a wheelchair.

It hurt like hell. I was absolutely terrified. But these people are amazing. Yes, I know I keep saying it, but it’s so true. They got me into the wheelchair and strapped my feet into the foot rests. I had to keep my right foot pretty elevated because I cannot bend it or lower it. They wheeled me around for about 20 minutes and showed me the facility that has been there for the last several weeks and I have not ever seen. But more than that, they took me outside, let me take my mask off (I don’t have to wear to my room, but I had to wear it while they were moving around) and I got to spend five minutes in the sun. Oh my God. That sun was so amazing.

I suspect this will be what we work on pretty much every day from now until I leave. I will ask them every day when I could be doing when they’re not with me to get that done faster, and I will follow those rules. I want to get to where I can safely go home, even if I have to be completely weight-bearing until March. Homebound is much better than bedbound.

Y’all have good luck with your last-minute shopping. That’s the one silver lining on this. Nobody expects a gift. Well, I had already gotten my wife a nice iPad and it had arrived the day before I went over to Panama City to work the week I was hurt coming back. And the kids figure there’s no reason I can’t still give them money. 🤣

Merry Christmas all. I hope everyone is celebrating tonight and will be with their family tonight and/or tomorrow. I hope you get what you want from Santa, and you and your families are healthy. I even wish that you get a 24 hour respite from the Covid and related yapping.

Mostly I hope that if there’s brokenness in your lives, you find the place to start healing. I hope you’ll find the attitude and the strength to pursue it. No matter how hard.

Merry Christmas all. I hope everyone is celebrating tonight and will be with their family tonight and/or tomorrow. I hope you get what you want from Santa, and you and your families are healthy. I even wish that you get a 24 hour respite from the Covid and related yapping.

Mostly I hope that if there’s brokenness in your lives, you find the place to start healing. I hope you’ll find the attitude and the strength to pursue it. No matter how hard.
Same to you bro! Merry Christmas and a super healing 2022.

Bless you. Wonderful message. Take care of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT