ADVERTISEMENT

ANOTHER New Footie Thread

Scott - thanks for sharing the info you have shared, I cannot even imagine the pain your and your family is going through. I, like Les, wish I could fund the whole thing. I sent what I could now, and if I am able to send more I will do so.

I read this the other day and just couldn't find the words to post anything. Then this afternoon I was going to post and my 8-year old daughter walked in. She looked at me and asked what was wrong. I had to usher her out of the room and tell her I just saw something really sad on the Internet.

My thoughts & prayers are with you & your entire family.

dawg, I think that we've been in some fantasy leagues, going back 10-15 with nirvananole and the other guys, thanks for your kind words and donation! Reading the well wishes is what is getting us through right now.

You guys are great and I wish everyone nothing but the best. I know my last words to Matthew was "I love you, too, buddy". I am glad we left each other on that note and not something that was out of anger.

Today, it is getting tough because people have stopped coming by and the phone calls, texts and private messages have slowed down, and now we have the time to think, and it is brutal right now. I have cried nonstop since I got up this morning. I miss him so much, I hope that this pain simmers down at some point.

If you want someone to talk to when the phone stops ringing, feel free to call me, Scott. I always answer my phone (if I can). If I miss you, I'll call you right back as soon as I finish my appointment.

850-228-8328 (Matt Parks)

My girlfriend is going to make a contribution to the Go Fund Me account too. We'll get you as close to that number as we can!!

I didn't realize that Spurs and Gunners face off tomorrow in the League Cup. Out of 16 games, only 4 will feature 2 PL teams. Watford is the only PL team that has been knocked out so far, after a 3rd round loss to Preston.

Do the Spurs and Gunners sit back and let the B teams play, or does the rivalry force the teams to feature their first team players? I think City and United played about 5 or 6 years ago and they pretty much played first teamers because of their rivalry.

I fully expect Arsenal to lay an egg...although, Gabriel's red card was rescinded today for the nonsense w/Diego Costa. So they may play him and Chambers @ CB.

It'll be interesting to see if they nail Costa for 3 games, I still have not seen the replay of that yet.

Wenger has come out and said he will not be making a lot of changes to his roster from this past weekend. Those comments were made before the FA announced they were rescinding the red card suspension for Gabriel, so it is possible he remains in the lineup. Mertesacker is supposed to be available, so it is possible he will be in the lineup as well. I am thinking the lineup will be something similar to:

Cech
Debuchy
Mertesacker
Koscielny
Monreal
Arteta (Coquelin is out with a knee injury)
Ramsey
Ozil
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Alexis
Giroud

and of course, I did a few chores at halftime of the Bayern/Wolfsburg game and came back and it was 5-1, and now I just read that it was Lewandowski who scored all 5 goals in less than 9 minutes!o_O

It's been that kind of week for me!

No way Cech plays in the League Cup. I can't imagine that will happen. If so, that signals AW's intent...he'll definitely be going for win in the competition.

He's gotta get Ospina some starts though. He's too good to rot on the bench, IMO.

Ozil and Sanchez were SO BAD vs Chelsea I honestly don't want to see either of them start, just to prove a point. Unbelievable how bad they both were.

All of that negativity aside, a win against Spurs is JUST what we need to get the boys fired back up!

COYG!

It'll be interesting to see if they nail Costa for 3 games, I still have not seen the replay of that yet.

He did get 3 games. IMO, I'm okay with that as long as they continue to do it for every player who does something that isn't caught by the gameday officials, but Gabriel's suspension should never have been overturned. Kicking out at an opponent is a violent conduct straight red every time.

Manch,
Im sorry. Ive been traveling and just caught up. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. Hang in there.

Ospina in for Arsenal. surprised the dreadfully out of form Kane is in for Tottenham he looks tired from the summer tourney.

1-0 Goons at the half. Flamini of all people with the goal.

Arteta, Debuchy, and Gibbs all on yellows though. Could spell 10 men at some point in the 2nd.

United is only up 1-0 in the 57th. BeIN is showing the replay at 11 tonight. Barca lost and the top 4 is a scrum in La Liga.

Crazy on Barcelona! But awesone, taped Madrid tonight hope they showed up. Not checking again in case spoilers here

Goons pulled it out. I'm surprised. Played AWFUL!

I'll take it though!

"How does it feel to be Tottenham?
How does it feel to be small?
You sold Bale.
We signed Mesut Ozil. Mesut Ozil. Mesut Ozil..."

Arsenal fans ripping down signs at White Hart Lane after the match...

Can you imagine something like that happening (or being allowed) at the end of a FSU/uf game?

Barcelona is down 4-1 to Celta Vigo in the 87th.

Barca loses and Rakitic doesn't start. He's the key to Barca IMO. When he replaced Xavi as full time starter last year it was the biggest reason for the turnaround not Messi and Suarez flipping centre to right. Rakitic has the legs to be the bulldog that Xavi used to be. They need him even more this year as Iniesta is another year older and even though he's 31, he's probably more like 35 based on how much football he's played especially in the last 7-8 years at both the club and international levels.

I agree on Rakitic, good player but Iniesta and Xavi still had brilliant flashes last year.

Madrid were awful again but got 3 pts. Cr7 has had one good service in the last 180 minutes. This Benitez offense is ugly but also lots injuries to be fair.

Liverpool got lucky, again against a 4th division team, and United dominated but the goals are still not coming like they should be. Newcastle and Swansea both lost to non PL teams, so there are 13 PL teams left, and 5 Pl v PL matches in the next round.

4th round draw, nothing sticks out, except Stoke, at home, could give Chelsea a fight.

Manchester City vs. Crystal Palace
Liverpool vs. Bournemouth
Manchester United vs. Middlesbrough
Everton vs. Norwich City
Southampton vs. Aston Villa
Sheffield Wednesday vs. Arsenal
Hull City vs. Leicester City
Stoke City vs. Chelsea

You Gunner fans rooting for Spurs on Saturday? City has to drop points. Also, can Arse knock Leicester off as the only team without a loss?

Week 8 features United at Arsenal!

I just can't find it in me to ever support Hotpants. Many years ago, when I saw my first game in Highbury, I began chatting up the locals, and the vitriol felt towards their neighbors is intense...and I mean Auburn/Bammer intense. They literally detest the Spurs. I got caught up in it (after they bought me a few pints) and have hated them ever since. For a long time, as Manch well knows, United was tops on the Ed Hate Parade, but that was when Ol' Whisky Nose had Howard Webb on the payroll. Now it's Tottenham, then the Peasants. Chelsea only makes the list because of Spurrier...er, Josie.

Liverpool got lucky, again against a 4th division team, and United dominated but the goals are still not coming like they should be. Newcastle and Swansea both lost to non PL teams, so there are 13 PL teams left, and 5 Pl v PL matches in the next round.

4th round draw, nothing sticks out, except Stoke, at home, could give Chelsea a fight.

Manchester City vs. Crystal Palace
Liverpool vs. Bournemouth
Manchester United vs. Middlesbrough
Everton vs. Norwich City
Southampton vs. Aston Villa
Sheffield Wednesday vs. Arsenal
Hull City vs. Leicester City
Stoke City vs. Chelsea

Stoke's not the same Stoke without Pulis pulling the strings. Hughes has made them a much more "attractive" side to watch, but they don't scare me like they did under Pulis. You knew what Pulis and those Stoke boys would bring every game, ultra intense hard working bunch who just would grind until they had nothing left. Usually if you got the first they were in big trouble as they would have to open up to try to get it back. Under Hughes they are completely different as they like to work the possession game and intricate football. Taken time to get a good squad together to play that style. Naturally, now that he has the squad to play his type of football, they can't seem to get a result.

City/Palace could also be a good fixture especially if they both field a decent side (as their recent PL fixture showed).

cup draw not mouth watering yet but should be in quarters.

Cooler jerseys., Bournemouthe pink ot Tottenham purple?

If Sp*rs were playing the old Soviet Red Army, I would be a Soviet Red Army fan.

As for the cooler jersey, I would go with Bournemouthe Pink.

If Sp*rs were playing the old Soviet Red Army, I would be a Soviet Red Army fan.

As for the cooler jersey, I would go with Bournemouthe Pink.

Too funny, but in the past I have rooted for Liverpool or City when it got towards the end of the season and someone like Chelsea needed to drop points to that United could clinch the EPL.

Still getting up to speed as a new fan. Started rooting for Liverpool last year and what a disappointing start. When a manager is obviously not getting it done like Rogers, how long until they fire him? Is it like baseball and could he get fired this week if they lose again? I'm no expert but I can't figure out what he's trying to do. I can figure out just from watching what most teams strategies are but I have no idea what Liverpool is trying to do on the field

Teams like Liverpool won't have much patience with him, he's already had a few disappointing seasons and last week's home draw with Norwich won't help at all, and then the midweek Cup PK win over 4th division Carlisle isn't all that bad because the top tier teams usually play a "B" squad, but Liverpool should win games like that by at least a 3 or 4 to nil score. Liverpool has already lost to their rivals, MUFC this year. Rodgers leash has to be short, but I don't see Liverpool sacking him in midseason.

Certainly wasn't rooting for Tottenham today, but I'll take a City loss for sure.

Really hoping Arsenal can contain Mehraz, for Leicester. If you guys haven't seen him play yet this year, you could be in for a treat...but I hope I'm jinxing him by giving him all this hype. :)

COYG!!!!

P.S. I wouldn't complain if Sunderland did the unthinkable and took some points off of United.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT