ADVERTISEMENT

ANOTHER New Footie Thread

United's problem isn't the manager--they don't have the players any more. No stars.

Development of the young talent we have is what has killed us... we have plenty of talent that just hasn't developed under both Moyes and now LVG. Martial could be a star with the proper game plan to get the ball up to him. Herrera could be a star if used and used properly. There are others who's lights have now flickered off.

Development of the young talent we have is what has killed us... we have plenty of talent that just hasn't developed under both Moyes and now LVG. Martial could be a star with the proper game plan to get the ball up to him. Herrera could be a star if used and used properly. There are others who's lights have now flickered off.

I think LVG probably gets 3 more games. If they don't look anything like a top 4 team he'll probably be gone the 1st FA Cup weekend in Jan.

Never thought I'd see this day, but I have to say it: a ManU/Chelsea match that was B-O-R-I-N-G! God, that was
hard to watch.
I'll take the clinical win for The Arsenal, especially after Boxing Day's debacle.

If you didn't see Arsenal today, you missed one hell of a display from Ozil. He was flat out incredible.

Thank god for the NBC Sports Live Extra app!

We are Top of the League,
We are Top of the League!

You were THERE?! You're the man!! Tell us about it!

Did you know any of the songs? That's the best part, IMO.

Go Gunners!

You were THERE?! You're the man!! Tell us about it!

Did you know any of the songs? That's the best part, IMO.

Go Gunners!

For the most part the fans were chanting Mesut Ozil! The highlight for me was Ozil's goal. Our seats were up behind the goal, so we got a good view. But really it was just the experience of being there live and enjoying the atmosphere. As usual, my father in law took me to the Bank of Friendship pub prior to the match. The last match I went to was two years ago when Arsenal played Chelsea. It was awful rainy even by English standards; most of the lines were down, including part of the tube, so we had to get a cab for the last few miles; we had to skip the pub because we were running late; and then Mourhino parked the bus for a 0-0 draw. Last night, the weather was clear and mild, and even though Arsenal only scored two goals, they had several other exciting chances. So everyone was in a pretty good mood.

If you didn't see Arsenal today, you missed one hell of a display from Ozil. He was flat out incredible.

Thank god for the NBC Sports Live Extra app!

We are Top of the League,

You're staying there to start the New Year as well. I think City beats Leicester today.

For the most part the fans were chanting Mesut Ozil! The highlight for me was Ozil's goal. Our seats were up behind the goal, so we got a good view. But really it was just the experience of being there live and enjoying the atmosphere. As usual, my father in law took me to the Bank of Friendship pub prior to the match. The last match I went to was two years ago when Arsenal played Chelsea. It was awful rainy even by English standards; most of the lines were down, including part of the tube, so we had to get a cab for the last few miles; we had to skip the pub because we were running late; and then Mourhino parked the bus for a 0-0 draw. Last night, the weather was clear and mild, and even though Arsenal only scored two goals, they had several other exciting chances. So everyone was in a pretty good mood.
The Mesut Ozil song...

"How does it feel to be Tottenham?
How does it feel to be small?
You sold Bale.
We signed Mesut Ozil, Mesut Ozil, Mesut Ozil!"

One of the best songs/chants ever!

So glad you got to go!

Someday, I want to go to see The Arsenal together with Dawg, 31906, and Les. What fun we'd have.

Had a chance to meet up with les last week to watch the United/Stoke game, but with my limited time and it was XMAS, I couldn't get to Orlando earlier enough in the day to meet up, and I couldn't go back and worth from Ocala to Orlando. My sister wanted to have us over for a brunch on the 26th before we departed for Orlando.

I will meet up with him at some point. It's funny, last week he was on the road and I was texting him Arsenal game plays, and then he called me after Giroud's goal, because I told les they were singing the Giroud song, and about 10 minutes later he scored.

If the top 4 stay the same, England is f*cked in Europe next year and they will definitely lose that 4th CL slot.

So, the Arsenal with a workmanlike 1-0 win over the Barcodes, and Leicester with a shock draw. The Gunners now up 2 points.

Should I get excited yet?

So, the Arsenal with a workmanlike 1-0 win over the Barcodes, and Leicester with a shock draw. The Gunners now up 2 points.

Should I get excited yet?
If you feel Leicester is your main competitor for the title, absolutely. If you believe City is, way too early. City'll be there right until the end.

EDIT: This next part may have been laugh worthy the last (insert however many years you want), but I also think Spurs will be there until the end.

Oh, I suspect it'll come down to the last weekend of games myself. My Leicester comment was only due to the fact they've finally fallen out of first.

Chelsea looking pretty good in the monsoon today. One thing I don't understand--how come English tv can show a came in a driving rainstorm, and everything is crystal clear, but in America the game looks like it's being played in a fog when there's a driving rain?

Oh, I suspect it'll come down to the last weekend of games myself. My Leicester comment was only due to the fact they've finally fallen out of first.

Chelsea looking pretty good in the monsoon today. One thing I don't understand--how come English tv can show a came in a driving rainstorm, and everything is crystal clear, but in America the game looks like it's being played in a fog when there's a driving rain?

Probably along the same theory that you can't understand a thing a Brit is speaking, but when they scream and sing, it comes out perfectly.

Reactions: seminoleed
Huuuuge match w/Liverpool coming up.

I hope Leicester finishes in a Champions League place.

Also hope the wheels start coming off at Tottenham. Don't care for them in the Top Four at all.

Guus Hiddink while not official (yet) is likely going to be the caretaker manager for the remainder of the campaign. He did a phenomenal job in 2009 in a similar situation (the best winning percentage of any manager in Chelsea history other than Ray Wilkens who went 1 win from 1 match).

Pep's already been reached out to and said he doesn't like the squad as we need "10 new players". Yikes! Will be very interested to see if City still do pursue him if they win the league (as I believe they will) this year. Heck they may do what I thought they were going to do in 2013 which is be the first team to ever win the domestic treble.

I believe we'll see some youth start to play more (hopefully) like Rueben Loftus-Cheek and Baba Rahman and maybe Kenedy and Bertrand Traore as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see more movement than normal in January. Would've only expected a tweek or 2 if Mourinho was still there just like the previous 2 years.

EDIT: The thing I want to see more than anything though is consecutive good performances rewarded with points. It seems like even when Chelsea did play well something would still go wrong and we'd end up losing.

EDIT #2: I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else roaming the United sidelines next year. Pep or not, LVG seems to have worn out his welcome even faster than normal. I remember when LVG was still "just in the running" to be the United gaffer, Timmy (where's he at) would say that LVG is a guy that the team will be happiest at his arrival and then his departure. Like Mourinho, he's a bit of a vagabond in that he seems to be at teams for only a few years at a time.
I lurk from time to time but being a Bayern man and Buli fan I don't much follow the English game much other than casually. As for LVG he is exactly like I thought he'd be! I LOL'd at Ole cdowlar tweeted last year about how great it would be and now he is the biggest Anti LVG guy on Twitter! He is polarizing to say the least! I am looking forward to the winterpause ending and the Buli resuming! BTW I picked up my buddy from Orlando last night. He flew back into the States from Frankfurt and the Schalke team/staff/etc were on the same flight with him! I know that they are in town for winter training along with Leverkusen. And to end this post I will address the Pep Circus! I, for one, am hugely pleased he is leaving. I credit him for bringing in players and doing his job the last few years but Bayern are NOT about the coach! We will be fine and perhaps flourish more without him. He is of the same grain as Jose, Ego to spare! Once a "challenge" is over they need new ones, or so they say. Ancelotti will be fine and perhaps adapt tactics that suit our players best(i.e. Lahm at RB and not MF, etc)

I lurk from time to time but being a Bayern man and Buli fan I don't much follow the English game much other than casually. As for LVG he is exactly like I thought he'd be! I LOL'd at Ole cdowlar tweeted last year about how great it would be and now he is the biggest Anti LVG guy on Twitter! He is polarizing to say the least! I am looking forward to the winterpause ending and the Buli resuming! BTW I picked up my buddy from Orlando last night. He flew back into the States from Frankfurt and the Schalke team/staff/etc were on the same flight with him! I know that they are in town for winter training along with Leverkusen. And to end this post I will address the Pep Circus! I, for one, am hugely pleased he is leaving. I credit him for bringing in players and doing his job the last few years but Bayern are NOT about the coach! We will be fine and perhaps flourish more without him. He is of the same grain as Jose, Ego to spare! Once a "challenge" is over they need new ones, or so they say. Ancelotti will be fine and perhaps adapt tactics that suit our players best(i.e. Lahm at RB and not MF, etc)
And I post this on my son's account! LOL! warriortim here

Nothing from Kooter on Rafa!

And I post this on my son's account! LOL! warriortim here

Welcome back, Mr. Warrior!
redx.jpg

Thanks Manch!

Tim, How much to you expect Bayern's roster to change with Ancelotti taking over next year?

A couple of months ago when Klopp was hired at Liverpool, I speculated that Goetze might decide now is a good time to leave Bayern (especially if they do win the UCL as I expect them to do this campaign) and perhaps rejoin his former coach at Liverpool? Crazy talk or makes some sense (from both sides' perspectives)?

Tim, How much to you expect Bayern's roster to change with Ancelotti taking over next year?

A couple of months ago when Klopp was hired at Liverpool, I speculated that Goetze might decide now is a good time to leave Bayern (especially if they do win the UCL as I expect them to do this campaign) and perhaps rejoin his former coach at Liverpool? Crazy talk or makes some sense (from both sides' perspectives)?

Goetze isn't going anywhere IMHO. I think Goetze has been ill handled by Pep much in the way he has with Lahm, etc. He took a top 2-3 RB in the world and used him in the midfield?! To give you some perspective, Heynckes used Lahm at RB in 2013 and Rafinha was a rarely used RB substitute and we won the Triple! In Pep's plans, Lahm goes to MF and Rafinha is a first choice RB for most of the time Pep has been here. Back to Goetze, he is best used, again IMHO, centrally and I think Ancelotti will use him this way in a more CAM role in a 4-4-2. We shall see what he decides to do but this is the most common formation I have read about with regards to Carlo. I don't think many folks will leave Germany for Klopp... because it is Liverpool! LOL! As for the roster under Ancelotti, it will change some and by change I mean I could see 1 or 2 players being brought in over the summer but nothing at all wholesale. Bayern has 1 man on their current team roster whose contract expires this summer. That is 3rd string GK Tom Starke! Everyone else is locked up 2017 or further out. Bayern are not a selling team. A lot of people discount this when they think of players leaving etc. I always laugh at the tabloid media and their "rumors" when they involve any Bayern player.

Yedlin looked horrible for Sunderland today. Should have been dismissed for a rash tackle in the box that the ref inexplicably let go. But The Arsenal rolled to the next round of the FA Cup 3-1. United was very lucky to escape with a 1-0 win thanks to a late penalty. Peasants forced into a replay with Exeter City (Exeter City? Really?)

To me Cech & Ozil are 1a and 1b in the race for team MVP. Yes Cech preserved a point today, but look at how awful we looked on attack without Özil on the pitch today.

On a related note, what is wrong with Walcott and Ox? The way they both played today, I don't think either should have been playing for a team like Hull down in the Championship. We need to get both Alexis & Özil back quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT