ADVERTISEMENT

Another "That built America" series starts tonight on History

I'm a secret nerd and I do watch those shows.
I watch PBS, History, and Discovery a lot. I'm a fan of The Incredible Dr. Pol on AK too.

Reactions: MagNoleA
I watched the invention of the telephone episode last night.
I didn't know Alexander Graham Bell was such a scum bag.

Reactions: goldmom
I watched the invention of the telephone episode last night.
I didn't know Alexander Graham Bell was such a scum bag.
A lot of those guys from back in the day weren't Boy Scouts. Henry Ford was a hard core Anti-Semite. His camping buddy Edison was a grouch because he became so hard of hearing he yelled at everyone, they thought he was angry all the time, they reacted back badly and it spiraled into full time grouchiness.
Andrew Carnegie treated his underlings badly. But he did build a library or two so he's revered.

America has messiness in its history. But so does every country.

Reactions: MagNoleA
A lot of those guys from back in the day weren't Boy Scouts. Henry Ford was a hard core Anti-Semite. His camping buddy Edison was a grouch because he became so hard of hearing he yelled at everyone, they thought he was angry all the time, they reacted back badly and it spiraled into full time grouchiness.
Andrew Carnegie treated his underlings badly. But he did build a library or two so he's revered.

Do you have any information on Howard Taft? Asking for a friend. :cool:

Reactions: goldmom

Bell, his lawyer, and an alcoholic patent office staffer stole Gray's patent for the telephone.
Never had heard that before. Interesting episode.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT