ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone eat dinner at the UCC/6th floor last night? HORRIBLE

Vote with your wallet and go somewhere else IMO. If you keep rewarding them for poor decisions then you can expect more poor decisions.

Things get moved and deleted here without reason or explanation. I don't think the Palace has been cleaned since I went to FSU in the 90s

Things get moved and deleted here without reason or explanation. I don't think the Palace has been cleaned since I went to FSU in the 90s

Like I said, all the UCC and CC threads I have read and posted in...

No news is good news I guess LOL.

I was there Saturday before heading to the Champions Club. Couple pictures of Miller Lite and a couple games of cricket. Sometimes it's nice to get perspective on how far you have come. Haha. And no it hasn't been cleaned recently by the way. Still a guilty pleasure of mine though.

Reactions: ClayCountyNole
Wow, the UCC sounds like a great deal. This thread should do wonders for membership sales.

This thread was moved as a courtesy to the well-to-do of the Lockerroom so that we can be entertained by the tribulations of the lower class.
And frankly, I appreciate the insight. I'd have never thought having people bring you things (or not, it seems) could be so tedious. I guess that's what happens you allow people to serve you who aren't directly employed by your family.

90b8e3f8d252e7c8e83a844da67e011a7e0c6324d174f6315d9d4dd08f6130b9.jpg

I was there Saturday before heading to the Champions Club. Couple pictures of Miller Lite and a couple games of cricket. Sometimes it's nice to get perspective on how far you have come. Haha. And no it hasn't been cleaned recently by the way. Still a guilty pleasure of mine though.
They do hose the puke off of the floor nightly

Reactions: ClayCountyNole
Best thing about the Palace are the plastic Gators in the urinals each year when we play UF...

Vote with your wallet and go somewhere else IMO. If you keep rewarding them for poor decisions then you can expect more poor decisions.

I agree and sent an email Wednesday morning to cancel my UCC membership that I've had since it opened in the 90's. Not surprisingly, I have not heard back.

I am going to give it through next season. They will add Miller Hall for UCC members and I think redo the ballroom. I like the new terrace but it sort of feels thrown together it needs some more finish to it. Also only getting one of 6 elevators is ridiculous it does make you feel like a 2nd. class passenger thats for sure. Time will tell but it sure looks like the champions club should have been giant skyboxes without outside seating. As I say to soon to tell lets let them work out the kinks and try to answer our complaints.

A couple of questions .

1. Is the jerk manager a short dude with dark hair? He's a prick .

2. Have you talked to Tracy Marple, the GM ? Do so.

We've had so many good times there, but some of the management decisions have baffled me.

First game, we caught them serving beers in the small water cups, when some if us already had the normal 16oz or whatever they were . When asked , they argued, then finally admitted that they had run out of the larger cups . This was pregame. $9 for a 10oz beer ? No sir .

The killing stroke was this past Saturday. We were leaving our seats postgame and decided to hit one of the large elevators. On 3.. After waiting a while we realize that none of the three high-speed elevators were stopping on 3. They're going straight from 6 or 4 and hitting G and then back up again.

So I decided what the hell we'll go down the stairwell. Pitch black. You could see, but not very well and really it wasn't very safe at all particularly for older folks.

When we hit the ground floor, I caught one of the elevators open and walked over to the elevator operator and say "hey can you get the elevator to stop on three and can you get the lights turned on in the stairwells". He said "sorry I can't help you" and tried to close the door in my face. That didn't go very well, I stepped in and said find me an effing manager right now. Found one raised hell and went about my way. Little jackass.

Small stuff , but it's beginning to add up .

John, back in the day you got me very, very drunk at the UC during a Garnet and Gold game. I had a b last with you and Easty and Gen.

Thanks again for that great memory......

Reactions: JMGNole
There have been times that I have emailed Cherrie Barbree (membership director) 2-3 times and finally receive a response, from someone else. She is notorious for not returning calls and emails.

You sure have Cherrie pegged. I have been emailing her the past couple of weeks to cancel my UCC membership and she has not had the decency to reply. It seems like customer service is deteriorating in all facets of their operations.

Wow for what sounds like serious money many of you are paying the UCC or Champions club sounds like a dump. Don't have a membership and don't plan on it unless I win the lottery; but if I am dropping that kind of cash I would expect to be treated like royalty.

Wow for what sounds like serious money many of you are paying the UCC or Champions club sounds like a dump. Don't have a membership and don't plan on it unless I win the lottery; but if I am dropping that kind of cash I would expect to be treated like royalty.

The Champions Club is far from a dump. It's a damn blast.........

Reactions: David Slaton
I did ask, and I can confirm for certain that the bartenders are not tipped unless we tip them directly. The 20% 'service charge' all goes to the UCC. I asked a few of them on Saturday and they were told that since they get $10 and hour that they're on their own. That began this year, and wasn't communicated to the membership in anything that I've seen. I don't mind the service charge, and I don't mind tipping, but I do really mind both if it's not going to the staff. It's not like the UCC alcohol is inexpensive, so I'm not sure where the service charge goes. Just gravy.

Speaking of beverages, and tea refills... The complimentary tea and ice water on the 3rd is now only reserved for folks who got the buffet. Since opening, that's been on the house. Water. Sounds like nothing, but it is one more small thing that will make cancelling our membership much easier when that time comes.

Are you sure? I must have drank a gallon of water and tea from that table on Saturday and sure as hell didn't pay for that crappy buffet. I did notice workers standing around it more than usual, but they didn't say anything to me about drinking the water. Also, if that's true about the 20% that may be the final straw for me as well. I wonder where the 20% in the restaurant goes?

They had signs up over the tea urns saying that it was only for Buffet folks. I took a picture of it. I also partook of the water, didn't want to get into it with a server over the tea urn.

I know the bartender that I was speaking to and I'm certain that they weren't lying. In fact, I mentioned that this thread was how I found out and they asked that I share the message.

One server said that the 20 percent went towards their hourly pay. Not sure if that's true or not.

So you pay to be a member, and then you pay a service charge. Wow.

I don't have a problem with UCC prices as general as it is a vehicle for raising money for boosters. That having been said, a tacked on service charge not going to the servers is misleading at best.
Someone should do something... for the people!

Yeah, the 20% going to the club is extremely misleading. I guess somebody has to pay for all CC seats that didn't get sold.

Are you sure? I must have drank a gallon of water and tea from that table on Saturday and sure as hell didn't pay for that crappy buffet. I did notice workers standing around it more than usual, but they didn't say anything to me about drinking the water. Also, if that's true about the 20% that may be the final straw for me as well. I wonder where the 20% in the restaurant goes?

Great point T-Nole. I might have assumed incorrectly that the automatic service charge for dinner was the tip for our server. Now I'm wondering if I stiffed the server by not leaving a tip.

Based on what JMG has stated, it seems like the only way to truly reward good service is hand them cash. If we add it to the tip line, the UCC most likely pools the money and allocates it at their discretion.

The modifications should have been conveyed to the members. I also partake of the water in the ballroom and did not know it is now off limits unless I have a buffet band. It takes too long to wait in line for a beer with the service dwindling, so I have opted for a glass of water. Maybe they will start charging us for water with the 20% service charge?

Last edited:
I did ask, and I can confirm for certain that the bartenders are not tipped unless we tip them directly. The 20% 'service charge' all goes to the UCC. I asked a few of them on Saturday and they were told that since they get $10 and hour that they're on their own. That began this year, and wasn't communicated to the membership in anything that I've seen. I don't mind the service charge, and I don't mind tipping, but I do really mind both if it's not going to the staff. It's not like the UCC alcohol is inexpensive, so I'm not sure where the service charge goes. Just gravy.

Speaking of beverages, and tea refills... The complimentary tea and ice water on the 3rd is now only reserved for folks who got the buffet. Since opening, that's been on the house. Water. Sounds like nothing, but it is one more small thing that will make cancelling our membership much easier when that time comes.

I corresponded with my "rep" on this 20% tip issue. She sent back some canned answer saying that the 20% was standard in the industry, etc. (which was not my question whatsoever). She persistently avoided my very simple question, i.e., "are the bartenders getting any of this 20%?" Based on the incredible lengths to which she went to dodge my question -- which actually became funny at some point -- I can only assume she has been coached not to address the issue, especially in writing.

Reactions: JMGNole
I've been a UCC member for about 4 years now. Friday, I was up there eating lunch with my buddy who is also a member. I ordered a diet coke with the Buffet. Waiter came around mid way through lunch and asked if I wanted a refill, of course I did. Bill comes and it says two diet coke Reg price. Also, the guy forgot to split the bill and my buddies beer was on there, but no biggie. So, I ask him why I'm getting charged for two diet cokes and he then let's me know that club rules have changed and refills are no longer free. $6.50 for two diet cokes. I've never heard of non free refills unless it's out of a can. So, a buffet lunch, diet coke and one beer plus the 20% tip had me down for about a $33 dollar lunch! Also, I was told that the guest fee going from $15 to $25 on game day was for the "integrity of the club" I just kind of laughed, there is nothing exclusive about the place.

Primetime, I just received an email from Tracy Marple stating that refills are still free and the server made a mistake. .

The 20% "surcharge" is nothing more than a 20% increase in prices....and IMO with poor service and lower quality...don't you love getting less for more.

I could see them essentially driving the club to be closed in the current form, and being entirely a champions club exclusive organization.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT