ADVERTISEMENT

Arrest made in FSU Law Prof Dan Markel murder case

I knew that whole driving by her thing was suspicious!!! Boom:

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...sighting-could-implicate-markels-ex/91895676/

"Rivera, uneasy with the way Adelson looked at the car, asked Garcia to ask Katherine Magbanua, the suspected conduit in Markel's killing, why Adelson was in the area.

Rivera told investigators Katherine Magbanua told Garcia over the phone that Adelson was there "to make sure that he was up here, to make sure he wasn't lying, that she was just paying him for nothing."

Rivera first said he believed Garcia met Wendi Adelson, but then said he didn't know.

Chief Assistant State Attorney Georgia Cappleman said the story, if proven, could tie Wendi Adelson to the crime.

“I think if it’s true, it implicates her, but I haven’t been able to confirm or deny that," Cappleman said.

Reactions: dmm5157
I knew that whole driving by her thing was suspicious!!! Boom:

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...sighting-could-implicate-markels-ex/91895676/

"Rivera, uneasy with the way Adelson looked at the car, asked Garcia to ask Katherine Magbanua, the suspected conduit in Markel's killing, why Adelson was in the area.

Rivera told investigators Katherine Magbanua told Garcia over the phone that Adelson was there "to make sure that he was up here, to make sure he wasn't lying, that she was just paying him for nothing."

Rivera first said he believed Garcia met Wendi Adelson, but then said he didn't know.

Chief Assistant State Attorney Georgia Cappleman said the story, if proven, could tie Wendi Adelson to the crime.

“I think if it’s true, it implicates her, but I haven’t been able to confirm or deny that," Cappleman said.
I sure hope they can prove it is true. How can those kids grow up knowing that their mom, grandmom and uncle killed their dad?!!

I feel bad for the Adleson kids as well as the Magbanua kids. Neither set of children did anything to deserve this and because of their parents they are going to be super scarred for life. It's terribly sad they life all of those kids must now live.

"I'm a 'Jack Boy'... I rob drug dealers"... Rivera said that in the interview... I didn't even know that was a thing.

SFNole

On page 6 it shows where SG tried to call HA. Why would he do that?

"Magbanua made contact with Garcia and they appeared to have a conversation lasting 6 minutes and 22 seconds. Approximately 9 minutes later, at 5:20 p.m., Garcia’s cellular telephone attempted to contact Harvey’s cellular telephone. The cellular records indicate this call went to voicemail. There is no known reason for Garcia to call Harvey Adelson."

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents...dacted+(2).pdf

No way that email being there is an accident. Law enforcement is playing some serious mind games with the A family. Since LR was arrested everything seems to be timed to a reaction from the A family. Luis Rivera..........reaction...........KM arrested...........reaction..........LR confession............reaction...........emails............reaction. It's like a ticking time bomb and everyone knows the end result and is just waiting for it to happen.

#SoGuilty

During a memorial service at Shomrei Torah Synagogue in Tallahassee, an investigator met with Wendi Adelson's parents to ask them for an interview before they returned to South Florida.

But the day after the service, the investigator received a call from Adelson's attorney, letting him know Adelson and the children had left for South Florida with her parents.

"No one in the family has contacted Tallahassee police or asked about the status of the investigation," investigators said in a police report.

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_...ing-adelson-family-to-dan-markels-murder.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
#SoGuilty

During a memorial service at Shomrei Torah Synagogue in Tallahassee, an investigator met with Wendi Adelson's parents to ask them for an interview before they returned to South Florida.

But the day after the service, the investigator received a call from Adelson's attorney, letting him know Adelson and the children had left for South Florida with her parents.

"No one in the family has contacted Tallahassee police or asked about the status of the investigation," investigators said in a police report.

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_...ing-adelson-family-to-dan-markels-murder.html

This. Their post-murder conduct smells (and is) horrible. GUILTY.

Willie Megs went after Jamies with everything he had on a case that had far less to work with. Here there is actual evidence and he won't budge. Is it an FSU thing? A race thing? A class in society thing?

What are your guesses as to why Meggs won't move more on this case?

Willie Megs went after Jamies with everything he had on a case that had far less to work with. Here there is actual evidence and he won't budge. Is it an FSU thing? A race thing? A class in society thing?

In 2015-16, Adelson served as law clerk to Judge Adalberto Jordan of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit in Miami,[5] a leading candidate for the Supreme Court until withdrawing his name from consideration in March 2016.

Juice.

In 2015-16, Adelson served as law clerk to Judge Adalberto Jordan of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit in Miami,[5] a leading candidate for the Supreme Court until withdrawing his name from consideration in March 2016.

Juice.
I doubt that clerking for a Federal Appellate Judge has any impact on a State Attorney, two different systems (state and federal). Also, Jameis was never charged by Willie Meigs. You might remember they thoroughly investigated everything and determined there was not enough to charge him with. It was one of the few times I have applauded Meigs, for not giving into the media pressure.

I should clarify my statement. I meant he wanted to burry Jamies under the jail in the worst way. Here, we have a case that seems so blatantly obvious as to be stupid to not charge everyone involved. So what am I missing? Why won't he charge them?

Most of the evidence on the family is still not very established. Sure they seem dirty, and I'm fairly sure they did it, but there's no real evidence linking them to the crime yet except for a few phone calls. If one of the people they have charged doesn't flip on the family, I'm not certain what they can do without finding bank records showing money moving between them.

I should clarify my statement. I meant he wanted to burry Jamies under the jail in the worst way. Here, we have a case that seems so blatantly obvious as to be stupid to not charge everyone involved. So what am I missing? Why won't he charge them?
Probably race and financial status plays a role in his decision.

Reactions: goldmom

Did they get a 12 year old to be her attorney?

Magbanua's attorney Tara Kawass sent us this statement on today's indictment:

“Because Katie has maintained the truth, that she is innocent and had nothing to do with this, the prosecution has decided to tighten the screws a little more. That’s how they broke Rivera and got him to lie. But Katie is much stronger that that thug. Plus, she has the truth on her side. That’s a powerful ally.”

Reactions: FSUTribe76
If you read KM's attorney's motion I have to side with her on the unprofessionalism by the SAO

I will offer three options:

1. dumb redneck on the virtual eve of retirement
2. dumb redneck saving his last salvo for an FSU football player
3. dumb redneck does not think he has enough evidence to win absent more cooperation from one of the already-charged dirtballs

The only "good" part about the ongoing delays is that the uncharged parties have to be living a very stressful and unhappy life. The uncertainty of when/whether they are going to be arrested -- and their resulting discomfort -- is the only consolation we can cling to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT