ADVERTISEMENT

Atlanta Braves thread

Three of my favorite baseball teams are in the playoffs:
Braves
Yankees
Rays

Braves are number one because I moved to Atlanta after graduating from college — 20 years ago.

When we moved to Florida when I was 12 we took summer trips to Atlanta to watch the Braves play.

My parents are from NYC so I will always like the Yankees. I also pull for the Rays (and marlins to a lesser extent) being from Florida.

Radio announcers in the late 60’s and early 70’s?
Milo Hamilton and Ernie Johnson, Sr. Milo called Hank Aaron's 715 home run (1974). Yankees John Sterling and former player Johnny Sample were there for a couple of years. Then Skip Caray and the Professor Pete Van Wiren joined Ernie. How did I do? ;)Don Sutton does the radio with Joe Simpson now. Not sure why either left the TV booth.

Last edited:
Milo Hamilton and Ernie Johnson, Sr. Milo called Hank Aaron's 715 home run (1974). Yankees John Sterling and former player Johnny Sample was there for a couple of years. Then Skip Caray and the Professor Pete Van Wiren joined Ernie. How did I do? ;)Don Sutton does the radio with Joe Simpson now. Not sure why either left the TV booth.
Well done sir!

Reactions: MagNoleA
I know McCann's old, but why in the hell wasn't he over there to back that up? :(

Once again, Acuna loafs and what could have been an inside the park homer leaves him at 3rd; hope he scores, but now 2 outs.

Watch that replay, Acuna was grabbing his hip/side. He came out of the box weird, wasn't loafing.

He's deserved his fair criticism for other games, but that wasn't one. You're grasping here.

FF, JD, NM and BM were 1-17 with six strikeouts, half of those by FF

If you have given me that outcome before the playoffs, I would have predicted we win no more than 1 game and get knocked out in the first series.

FF was just avg last year in the postseason and a complete disaster so far in this one. This is only his second series in the post season and maybe he will get it turned around tonight and be lights out.

If you have given me that outcome before the playoffs, I would have predicted we win no more than 1 game and get knocked out in the first series.

FF was just avg last year in the postseason and a complete disaster so far in this one. This is only his second series in the post season and maybe he will get it turned around tonight and be lights out.

Here’s to hoping, can’t help but wonder if those bone spurs / elbow condition is worse than he is letting on. Besides the HR in game 1 he has been ice cold.

Really need these guys to stop trying to smash HRs every plate appearance and get base knocks. Highly annoying that we loaded the bases in back to back innings Monday and could’ve put the game away only to end up leaving them stranded. Can’t do that tonight or our season will be over.

Reactions: SoddyNole
Here’s to hoping, can’t help but wonder if those bone spurs / elbow condition is worse than he is letting on. Besides the HR in game 1 he has been ice cold.

Really need these guys to stop trying to smash HRs every plate appearance and get base knocks. Highly annoying that we loaded the bases in back to back innings Monday and could’ve put the game away only to end up leaving them stranded. Can’t do that tonight or our season will be over.
Talk about a massive choke by Atlanta! 9-0 already in the first inning! FF error was huge ... wow!

Reactions: WRWnole85
I’m a Cards fan...but WTH? Actually like the Braves. God I HATE the lil bears. A true Card fan MUST hate lil bears. Ditto lil bears hating Cards.

Has this removal of the tomahawk chop been discussed on here? If so, can someone link me so I can join it?

No tomahawks on seats, no tomahawk on jerseys next year
Has this been confirmed?

I had to listen to the debacle on the radio. Talk about flushing a great season down the drain.

Or Markakis, Mcann and Joyce. Too many automatic outs. Freeman calling out Acuña after game 1 intensifies things. Such a disappointing end.

Reactions: WRWnole85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT