ADVERTISEMENT

Atlanta Braves thread

Not sure why he stays in the relief rotation... even when he gets out of a tough inning it’s a tough inning of his own making. Did I hear that O’Day got called up? Is he a reliever?

O'Day is a reliever. He was part of the trade last year that got the Braves Gausman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WRWnole85
Well, sitting pretty... even have a chance to catch LA for home field advantage ... some order to a bullpen and a long way from what the Braves looked like in April/May

Reactions: NoleLizards
OK, I have to ask regarding the Culberson hit by pitch situation. I'm assuming there's a rule I'm unaware of, but why wasn't he automatically awarded first base after the hit? And if he couldn't continue obviously, is a pinch runner not allowed to take the base for him?

OK, I have to ask regarding the Culberson hit by pitch situation. I'm assuming there's a rule I'm unaware of, but why wasn't he automatically awarded first base after the hit? And if he couldn't continue obviously, is a pinch runner not allowed to take the base for him?

Dave Martinez (manager for Washington) appealed that Culberson had attempted the bunt and didn't get the bat back; and was therefore a swing attempt and a strike. Snitker argued that Culberson didn't "offer" at the bunt and was therefore a HBP, Snitker got ejected. Bush league move by Martinez that exploded over most media outlets.

Only negative right now going into the playoffs are a couple injuries, Swanson slumping, and Acuna looking like he won't reach 40 SBs. Hoping for some noise this post season and really want Acuna to reach 40/40 in these last few games.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Only negative right now going into the playoffs are a couple injuries, Swanson slumping, and Acuna looking like he won't reach 40 SBs. Hoping for some noise this post season and really want Acuna to reach 40/40 in these last few games.
Good thing the Braves don’t have to face the Royals in the postseason!

Lost four of the last five ... hope this does not carry over into postseason... it’s not like this team has a lot of postseason experience.

So the Ump that caused the chit storm in the 2012 WC game between the Braves and Cards gets assigned by MLB to work the 2019 NLDS between the Braves and the Cards, again.

What are they trying to do with a move like this? smh

So the Ump that caused the chit storm in the 2012 WC game between the Braves and Cards gets assigned by MLB to work the 2019 NLDS between the Braves and the Cards, again.

What are they trying to do with a move like this? smh

Just saw that this morning too. What really pisses me off is the fact that the first two games of the NLDS both have start times in the late afternoon / way too early evening. Thursday game at 5 or 6pm, Friday game at 4:37?! Its a greek tragedy...

There were a number of strange calls/plays for the Braves in this game... one of the more comical was keuchel’s bunt to move the lumbering McCann from second to third ... where McCann was thrown out by four steps. Incredible.

Going to be hard to overcome this loss.
Agreed. I think Flaherty is throwing for the Cards tonight and he has arguably been the best pitcher in baseball the 2nd half of the year. Tonight is an absolute must win but its going to be difficult to get runs across. I'll be there either way.

Can't believe Acuna pulled that stunt not running out what should've been a double. Kid has got to learn. Got benched for the exact same thing the last month of the season.

The whole team just looked off. They look like a team that got lazy at the plate after clinching the East.

Keuchel being pulled too early, IMO. The Keuchel bunt and Markakis leaving the bat on his shoulder with 2 outs and 2 strikes in the bottom of the 9th as Jon mentioned above. All the awkward check swings! Guys swinging crazily at pitches outside the strike zone after Mikolas starts walking guys in the 1st inning. Way too many pop-ups! Stop swinging for the fence and just get a base hit for Pete's sake. And lastly, Acuna's lack of focus or ego tripping, whichever it is, that makes him admire his hit instead of running to first base. That's twice! I know he's going to be their next superstar, but he's also frustratingly immature. Maybe the interpreter needs to convey the message in Spanish more harshly? I don't know, but it's tiresome to watch as a fan and Snitker must be frustrated as hell.

I remember the Braves/Pirates series’ like they were yesterday. I was there for Otis Nixon on the wall. Never forget Sid Bream either. Never missed a game back then. Great times.

Reactions: MarineNole53
Go Braves! Who remembers, Beep Beep?
Ralph Garr; the Roadrunner! ;) I must be more challenged! Today's win was one of the greatest wins in franchise history. I'd pitch Keuchel on short rest tomorrow and have Folty to pitch game 5, if needed, on full rest. Teheran walked too many toward the end of the year and don't think Snit trusts him. He could back up Keuchel in game four. Dansby Swanson and Adam DuVall CO-MVPS thusfar. The Dodgers or the Nats can be had.
Acuna got pissed with that last inside fastball. Is there a rumble or brew ha ha coming?
Just get 5 innings out of Keuchel. This is what you have paid him for.

Ralph Garr; the Roadrunner! ;) I must be more challenged! Today's win was one of the greatest wins in franchise history. I'd pitch Keuchel on short rest tomorrow and have Folty to pitch game 5, if needed, on full rest. Teheran walked too many toward the end of the year and don't think Snit trusts him. He could back up Keuchel in game four. Dansby Swanson and Adam DuVall CO-MVPS thusfar. The Dodgers or the Nats can be had.
Acuna got pissed with that last inside fastball. Is there a rumble or brew ha ha coming?
Just get 5 innings out of Keuchel. This is what you have paid him for.
Radio announcers in the late 60’s and early 70’s?

Reactions: MagNoleA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT