ADVERTISEMENT

Be Careful What You Post Online

is there proof that all of these comments come from people living in the northern district and not the middle district? It's not like the entirety of FSU's fanbase is confined to Tallahassee.

I think she's a liar and her attorneys are scumbags...and i'm in the middle district, so guess we can't have it here either.

I read the exhibit. There are some unsavory comments in it, but a number of them seem to simply state the obvious.
"Safe to say EK is the most hated girl in Tallahassee." - yep, pretty unpopular there.
"EK is a liar and about to be exposed." - confirms that some people don't believe her.
Maybe there were a few more threatening tweets/posts that I cannot make out in the microtext.

I wonder if they could also use it when they go after the university, to try and demonstrate a hostile environment for EK in Tallahassee / at FSU, maybe say that more should have been done to help her / protect her. I think the story was that she skipped town when this was about to blow up. But maybe her lawyers will argue that she had to, due to danger and a hostile environment. Loss of earning potential? Personal damages?

Probably won't help her that she stayed in school not only that spring semester, but also the fall semester prior to her aunt taking it public.

Probably won't help her that she stayed in school not only that spring semester, but also the fall semester prior to her aunt taking it public.

Not that I don't doubt this is how it happened (that the aunt or someone in her camp is who leaked it and caused EK's world to blow up), but I'm not sure there's a verified linkage to her people on how the story got out. And the journalists might not give up their sources and all that good stuff. I do lean to being doubtful that this will get her traction, but it's possible if they can get a jury really sympathetic to women's issues. They'd need to get the case venue and jury pool outside of Seminole country for sure.

Last edited:
There's a place and time for discussing one's true feelings on the parties in this case and as OP pointed out on the internet where what you say is forever probably wasn't that place. Over a couple beers at the pub? Absolutely. Warchant? Hell no.

Not a lawyer but this just reeks of them (Clune) grasping at straws, a life preserver... anything to stop the bleeding as they've taken loss after loss after loss in this thing.

Unless they can link the IP addresses to the potential jury pool I don't really see what this does. This is the internet. These comments could be from anywhere. It's not as if there aren't people in Tallahassee or anywhere else that don't think Jameis is innocent either.

The facts of the case speak volumes and cannot change.
Well said...I agree

Erica needs to be careful. She is now a public figure which means the libel and slander laws don't apply to her anymore. It could get much uglier for her then it has. She is a few news stories away from being Tonya Harding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT