ADVERTISEMENT

Bowden movie

Anyone going to see this tomorrow? Certainly a big push on Facebook and email.

The email I got said it is a live one night only event. What is that about? The email said the live Mahaffey Theatre tickets were $150. I thought about going to see it at Cinnebistro in Tampa for normal ticket price, but they were already sold out earlier this week. I've never heard of a "live" one-time only movie. The website isn't very helpful. I have a hard time believing that they are only running it once, then burning the film. When and in what medium will they show it again? I'll catch it then, whenever that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like they are doing the same thing my friends at Range 15 did. You basically self market and get enough pre-sold tickets so theatres will pick up your movie. There is a company that helps with this. I find it kind of sad that FSU couldn't assist in making this a TV broadcast or something. BB did has done as much as anyone for FSU, students, athlete's etc. many come here because of what he created in football.

Going with Seminole72 and our wives to the showing in Denton.

There will be an announcement after the movie airs that a DVD will be available.
I think the theaters are live streaming it. Maybe that is why it is a onetime only event. Although it has been said on the TC that some sold out cities may get another airing.

The guy that made it has a good thread over on the TC. Some Sigma Chi brothers had a lot to do with the success of this project. Maybe it will eventually become a 30 for 30, who knows.

Bought my tickets today. Looking forward to going .

I will be there. Several theaters here in Jax sold out. One opened up another theater and it sold out shortly after they put it up online.

Got our tickets early this week - seeing it in Jax tomorrow

The email I got said it is a live one night only event. What is that about? The email said the live Mahaffey Theatre tickets were $150. I thought about going to see it at Cinnebistro in Tampa for normal ticket price, but they were already sold out earlier this week. I've never heard of a "live" one-time only movie. The website isn't very helpful. I have a hard time believing that they are only running it once, then burning the film. When and in what medium will they show it again? I'll catch it then, whenever that is.

I think Bobby, his family, and some other FSU-connected celebs aree going to be at the Mahaffey event. Not sure who, but there obviously will be a lot of people in the Bay area for the weekend and Monday.

I tried and failed, but then someone texted me and was able to get some. Bad timing on my part. Looks like TTown opened another theater, which would be 3 I think. Booster club having a thing at 7Bridges. Gonna try to make that as well.

I tried and failed, but then someone texted me and was able to get some. Bad timing on my part. Looks like TTown opened another theater, which would be 3 I think. Booster club having a thing at 7Bridges. Gonna try to make that as well.
Wish I would have known. That Hilton Garden Inn right next door is my normal hotel. Staying by the airport instead.

I'm sure it will be released on Netflix at some point.

I tried getting tix in both tally and Panama City beach earlier this week and both were sold out.

I think Bobby, his family, and some other FSU-connected celebs aree going to be at the Mahaffey event. Not sure who, but there obviously will be a lot of people in the Bay area for the weekend and Monday.

In that case, I think I will go. I've got some Ping golf clubs I want Bobby to sign and have a tattoo of him on my thigh I'd like to show him. I'm going to try to sneak in my bearded lizard without a ticket.

In that case, I think I will go. I've got some Ping golf clubs I want Bobby to sign and have a tattoo of him on my thigh I'd like to show him. I'm going to try to sneak in my bearded lizard without a ticket.
Style points, table of one. You got it goin' on. Tell Bobby that I want that WW2 tactics book back that my brother loaned him...they used to trade books.

Just another Sunday night for Gonolz

That's how I roll.

8169016b3d15e06c1359e627590c0bd4.jpg

29F6AC9500000578-0-image-a-1_1435236546285.jpg

FLMW101.jpg

Spoilers below

Never thought about how Disney and NASA had such a huge impact on the Florida college football landscape. And the producers didn't bring up the Miami cocaine explosion, but it also had an impact on things now that I think about it.

Didn't know the Bart Star story.

I've read where Bobby lived right by the high school stadium growing up, but didn't realize it was that close.

Doak Campbell is the largest continues brick structure, outside of the Wall of China, in the world ..pretty damn awesome.

Ron Simmons was HUGE!

Pablo Lopez, RIP my friend

I forgot how awful Charlie was during his first 3 games as QB (8 int's first 2 games)

Great flick all around, hard not to not like if you're an FSU fan. But to be honest it was too short. This could have been a 3 or even an 8 part series if I had my way. Hell, there are games that could cover an hours worth time.

I love Coach Bowden. He built our university, put us on the map. Hard to describe how much of an impact he had in that arena. I'll take a stab at what FSU was like pre Bowden...my best guess would be FIU or FAU today. Imagine one of those schools becoming what we are today, not just football wise, but nationally recognized and marketable. We are right there with UGA, LSU, Notre Dame, USC, etc. Before Bowden moved to Tally, we were small potatoes in the college world.

Much Love Coach Bowden!

Maybe it will eventually become a 30 for 30, who knows.
it was probably a bit too one-sided for espn to carry it, no real depth on the lost decade and various scandals.

great for FSU purposes though, solid feel good trip down memory lane.

The theater informed the audience that they were not able to get the livestream working and cancelled the show, (Nashville Green Hills theater), five minutes after it was supposed to start. Credited everyone in the audience but we were basically out of luck as it was way too late to get to another theater. Can anyone provide guidance as to where we might find a replay of the entire night's production and/or the film itself?

TIA.

it was probably a bit too one-sided for espn to carry it, no real depth on the lost decade and various scandals.

great for FSU purposes though, solid feel good trip down memory lane.
Well the movie was called "The Bowden Dynasty" not "The whole time Bobby was head coach." The movie ends with the loss to Tennessee. "And that was the end of the dynasty." Not a word of Chris Rix, etc. was made.

[doh you're right. Should have said loss to Oklahoma] 2000 season

Last edited:
Well the movie was called "The Bowden Dynasty" not "The whole time Bobby was head coach." The movie ends with the loss to Tennessee. "And that was the end of the dynasty." Not a word of Chris Rix, etc. was made.
agreed, i think that was a very specific decision, which allowed them to exclude BB's lost decade.

some of the themes highlighted in the movie positives, mainly the family atmosphere he bred on the coaching staff, wound up leading to the lost decade as he was unable to fire people he was too closely tied to... they helped him succeed but also fail. i thought it would have been appropriate to go down that path a bit as it was noted as a critical component of the dynasty.

btw, i think you mean oklahoma

The Dynasty ended with the loss to Tennessee?

pretty sure that was a typo / brain fart

interesting question though... if mark richt doesn't hightail it to athens / if jeffy doesn't ascend to OC, does the dynasty live on?

Yeah, the Dynasty really ended in the 2000 season title game against Oklahoma where Mark Richt hal#^%^ed our great offense to 0 pts before running off to Georgia.

After that we had the Jeff Bowden destruction of our offense helped along by the fact that Jared Jones drunkenly and/or highly raided the wrong girls apartment for food getting himself (a highly touted recruit who should have been a redshirt junior kicked off) kicked off the team and thus starting us down the disastrous four years with Chris Rix.

Last edited:
pretty sure that was a typo / brain fart

interesting question though... if mark richt doesn't hightail it to athens / if jeffy doesn't ascend to OC, does the dynasty live on?
yes, brain fart. I meant Oklahoma of course... 2000 season. Sorry @OrlandNole

Yeah, the Dynasty really ended in the 2000 season title game against Oklahoma where Mark Richt hal#^%^ed our great offense to 0 pts before running off to Georgia.

After that we had the Jeff Bowden destruction of our offense helped along by the fact that Jared Jones drunkenly and/or highly raided the wrong girls apartment for food getting himself (a highly touted recruit who should have been a redshirt junior kicked off) thus starting us down the disastrous four years with Chris Rix.
don't forget the outbreak of lime disease...

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Overall really good, though I really wish they would bury the "Seminole Rap" forever, you would think after the 31-0 loss, all copies would of been destroyed and you would lose your diploma for ever mentioning it again. Surprised they did not mention Marshall and Bobby helping out the coaches there after the plane crash and no Spurrier? Guess they could not fit his ego on the screen. You did not miss much from the live segments, especially the wrap up, they did a terrible job of picking people out of the audience for introductions. Certainly a love letter and glossed over Jeffy drawing up plays with his crayons and the subsequent lost seasons. Glad to see Jimbo was a part of it though.

Overall really good, though I really wish they would bury the "Seminole Rap" forever, you would think after the 31-0 loss, all copies would of been destroyed and you would lose your diploma for ever mentioning it again. Surprised they did not mention Marshall and Bobby helping out the coaches there after the plane crash and no Spurrier? Guess they could not fit his ego on the screen. You did not miss much from the live segments, especially the wrap up, they did a terrible job of picking people out of the audience for introductions. Certainly a love letter and glossed over Jeffy drawing up plays with his crayons and the subsequent lost seasons. Glad to see Jimbo was a part of it though.

Eh, the Seminole rap is right up there with the Super Bowl Shuffle as hilariously bad sports music. Every once in awhile I like to pull out those two plus this newer but equally hilariously bad rap remix of the College of William and Mary alma mater.

Read that Spurrier refused to participate. Same with Ron Simmons. Any idea why Simmons wasn't willing to be interviewed?

you complain about the shuffle and then say they glossed over the lost decade? I agree with most the other points tho.

I definitely groaned when the song started and I will admit I came very close to dropping my fandom of fsu that year. But....the movie was about the dynasty, which ended before jeffy, etc.

Eh, the Seminole rap is right up there with the Super Bowl Shuffle as hilariously bad sports music. Every once in awhile I like to pull out those two plus this newer but equally hilariously bad rap remix of the College of William and Mary alma mater.

Yeah, but then there is the greatness that is the Shiva Bowl Shuffle...

Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT