ADVERTISEMENT

Bowden movie

you complain about the shuffle and then say they glossed over the lost decade? I agree with most the other points tho.

I definitely groaned when the song started and I will admit I came very close to dropping my fandom of fsu that year. But....the movie was about the dynasty, which ended before jeffy, etc.
I wasn't complaining about not having Jeffy, just stating. I thought they would of covered his last game since it was against West Virginia. But seriously, where was the "Evening Shade" clip?

While the lost decade was a bummer; when you put it in perspective I will take our lost decade over any other team in the nations down turn. In our lost decade we still went to bowl games every year (winning many), never had a losing season, still were a TV draw, etc. Even the great Alabama had a 7 year stretch in the not so distant past where they only went to 4 bowl games, going 1-3 in those games, having several losing seasons and losing those 3 bowl games by an average of double digits. Pick any team you want and their down times were worse than FSU's. Look at UT, ND, Michigan etc., all programs that spend/have a ton more money than FSU ever will. ND is a disaster, Michigan hasn't beat their in state rival in I don't know how long and Texas what a s&&& show. I am sure opinions will vary but if you told me FSU would have a 20 year stretch from the 80-00 and then our 01-10 stretch and then what we have currently I would take it every time.

Well the movie was called "The Bowden Dynasty" not "The whole time Bobby was head coach." The movie ends with the loss to Tennessee. "And that was the end of the dynasty." Not a word of Chris Rix, etc. was made.

[doh you're right. Should have said loss to Oklahoma] 2000 season
This.

Read that Spurrier refused to participate. Same with Ron Simmons. Any idea why Simmons wasn't willing to be interviewed?

I too was curious on Simmons' lack of participation. However, he always seemed to me to be a rogue "Nole". For someone who had such an impact on the future of the program, he seems to have a lack of interest in his school.

While the lost decade was a bummer; when you put it in perspective I will take our lost decade over any other team in the nations down turn. In our lost decade we still went to bowl games every year (winning many), never had a losing season, still were a TV draw, etc. Even the great Alabama had a 7 year stretch in the not so distant past where they only went to 4 bowl games, going 1-3 in those games, having several losing seasons and losing those 3 bowl games by an average of double digits. Pick any team you want and their down times were worse than FSU's. Look at UT, ND, Michigan etc., all programs that spend/have a ton more money than FSU ever will. ND is a disaster, Michigan hasn't beat their in state rival in I don't know how long and Texas what a s&&& show. I am sure opinions will vary but if you told me FSU would have a 20 year stretch from the 80-00 and then our 01-10 stretch and then what we have currently I would take it every time.
Thank you. Who sang " You don't know what you've got til it's gone "? Some of our younger fans can only focus on the Lost Decade as their memory of Bobby. Too bad they weren't around when he built the program literally from the ground up. It was a magical time. And I can't think of another school you could support that had the same type of turnaround in their history. I love me some Bobby Bowden.

Thank you. Who sang " You don't know what you've got til it's gone "? Some of our younger fans can only focus on the Lost Decade as their memory of Bobby. Too bad they weren't around when he built the program literally from the ground up. It was a magical time. And I can't think of another school you could support that had the same type of turnaround in their history. I love me some Bobby Bowden.
My first year was 86 and finally graduated in 94. The way the stadium and the fanbase grew during those years was amazing. Bobby as Coach and Bernie as President, truly the Golden Age

My first year was 86 and finally graduated in 94. The way the stadium and the fanbase grew during those years was amazing. Bobby as Coach and Bernie as President, truly the Golden Age

And what are you doing with your PhD these days?

I too was curious on Simmons' lack of participation. However, he always seemed to me to be a rogue "Nole". For someone who had such an impact on the future of the program, he seems to have a lack of interest in his school.
He did a sod talk during the 2015 season.

Nope, 8 years for a Bachelors, I kept hopping majors until the scholarships and grants ran out and I ended up in Film School.

raw

Reactions: KLNole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT