ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Newton's Car Overturned in Crash

mercernole

Walk-on
Mar 29, 2002
Jonathan Jones, a reporter for the Charlotte Observer is reporting that Cam Newton was in a car crash where his vehicle was overturned. Cam is being taken to the hospital by ambulance.

It's on Jones' twitter feed at the moment and happened right in front of the Observer's building.

https://twitter.com/jjones9
This post was edited on 12/9 1:04 PM by mercernole

Originally posted by EsteeNole:
Hope he's okay.
Me too. The truck is pretty messed up, but it looks like the driver side may have held up a little better on the roof at least. Most of the roof is crushed.
This post was edited on 12/9 1:14 PM by mercernole

Saw another tweet that said both his legs were "visibly" broken. Ugh.
Saw that one too, but it's Twitter, so I won't believe it yet. There is a picture of Cam on the ground talking to law enforcement and he is laying on his side and looks to be smiling, but it's hard to say.
This post was edited on 12/9 1:21 PM by mercernole

I dont think so.

1209-cam-newton-crash-scene-launch-3.jpg

There are plenty of pictures out there of him post crash. He looks to be ok.

Twitter is a poisonous trumpet with little consequence for 'boys who cry wolf.'

You should have to pass a test to use it. Cull the herd a bit.

That is a difficult and dangerous way to give your ride a chopped top! The Charlotte Observer reported, "The extent of his injuries are not yet known. According to WBTV, Newton was taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure. He was conscious and smiling when loaded into the ambulance." I'm guessing he won't start this weekend, but I'd also guess that he'll be well enough to be on the bench ready to go in if needed. As it's only been a little over an hour since he was taken to the hospital, they'll probably have his preliminary medical report on tonight's 6:00 local news.

Charlotte Observer @theobserver

Cam Newton is conscious and smiling after crash in uptown Charlotte.
1:16 PM - 9 Dec 2014

This post was edited on 12/9 2:20 PM by FSU family

An update: "The Panthers said he was in fair condition at Carolinas Medical Center where he will remain overnight for observation." No serious injuries. I'm curious why he might be listed as only in Fair Condition if there are no serious injuries. Any medical folks care to opine on this?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT