ADVERTISEMENT

Cataract Surgery

smurfdaddy

Contributor
Gold Member
Jan 22, 2004
Tallahasse
My eyes have gotten so bad I finally had to break down and actually see an optometrist who after a n exam informed me that i needed the above mentioned procedure(s). Any of you had this done? what should I expect?

Nope, but I work as the surgery coordinator for an ophthalmologist right now until school starts. I deal with Cataract Sx patients daily. Feel free to ask away.

Had it done in my right eye. Piece of cake. Don't worry about it. You may wear and eye guard at night for a couple of nights.

I've had it on both eyes, a couple years apart. Not much to the procedure, and almost immediately you'll have distance vision like you haven't had since you were a teenager.

Not sure how serious it was, but my Grandma had them done when she was 85 and was able to stop wearing her glasses, except for reading, afterwards. I know that she had her right eye done and then a few months later she had her left eye done.

Not completely sure, but I don't think they will do both eyes at once so you'll want to plan accordingly. I remember she had to use some eye drops for a few days afterwards, but didn't seem like after the surgery was difficult for her.

It's not bad at all. I've had it done in both eyes and see great now

Not sure how serious it was, but my Grandma had them done when she was 85 and was able to stop wearing her glasses, except for reading, afterwards. I know that she had her right eye done and then a few months later she had her left eye done.

Not completely sure, but I don't think they will do both eyes at once so you'll want to plan accordingly. I remember she had to use some eye drops for a few days afterwards, but didn't seem like after the surgery was difficult for her.

It depends on which lens you choose.
Standard Lens- you will more than likely still need Rx
Toric- will correct astigmatism and will still need reading Rx
Restor- will correct distance and near VA, and will no longer need any Rx.

No way they'll do both eyes at once.

The standard lenses with correct your distance vision, and all you will need as far as glasses go are cheaters (cheap readers). The lenses will also filter UVA and UVB rays.

Be careful if they offer you Crystalens. My doctor quit installing those because he had so many problems with them.

If you want the multifocal lenses, Restore, Crystalens, Tecnis, it will cost you and extra $3500 per eye. And you will probably see halos and starburst at night with oncoming lights. That's why my ex-Air Force Dr did not put me in a multifocal lense.

The standard lenses with correct your distance vision, and all you will need as far as glasses go are cheaters (cheap readers). The lenses will also filter UVA and UVB rays.

Be careful if they offer you Crystalens. My doctor quit installing those because he had so many problems with them.

If you want the multifocal lenses, Restore, Crystalens, Tecnis, it will cost you and extra $3500 per eye. And you will probably see halos and starburst at night with oncoming lights. That's why my ex-Air Force Dr did not put me in a multifocal lense.

Restor lens for 3600/eye? Damn, that's a rip off. We charge 1800.

I had the right eye done about 5 years ago. The procedure is painless and doesn't take long. Be sure you follow directions about drops carefully because you don't want to get an infection.

I had the right eye done about 5 years ago. The procedure is painless and doesn't take long. Be sure you follow directions about drops carefully because you don't want to get an infection.
left eye last wed right eye tomorrow yes to my drops religiously

My mother is getting them done in a couple months. The doctor told her that doing it wouldn't really help her since her eye shape is out of wack. So for another $600 per eye they're going to do lasik. Actually, that's very cheap for lasik..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT