ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 is real deal and I just witness it before my eyes

You cant be in the middle no moderates allowed its one extreme or the other. Do and think how we want or get called out for it.
The left is having it's own war within itself. The right is getting rid of anyone that doesn't fall in line. Going to be a rough road ahead.

LOL okay.
These covid threads are so riveting and intriguing to me. Learn something of value in virtually every insightful post. I'm just Jeopardy Juiced! And so giddy.... with the info flow.....

Number three is so true. We had a group over few weeks ago. They’re super vaccine hesitant. But they got exposed to someone and tested negative but still did regeneron. They were explaining it all and I asked why they’d do that if negative when they wouldn’t get vaccine. They really couldn’t explain until we got to politics. They trust desantis. I told them Desantis recommends vaccine but they said it’s Biden pushing it.

We can be making decisions like that.
They don't want 1/10th of a teaspoonful injected into their muscle but they'll take 2 teaspoonfuls diluted and injected into a vein which is then circulated throughout their body in the blink of an eye.

The best part?? It's not a drug! It's a manufactured antibody, like the one we were trying to teach your body to make with the vax!!

People have got to quit thinking in absolutes, we're all in a big math test against the virus. Come get on the right side of the equation!!

Reactions: Dhersh
I’m not responsible to anybody or anything when it comes to my body.
But here is the thing you all keep missing. When it comes to a highly transmissable virus it isn't just YOUR body. You can literally infect hundreds if not thousands of people. It is about having compassion for everyone around you. Doing the right thing is getting vaccinated if you're able to and masking up when in groups until we have enough people enoculated against this virus to where it no longer poses any major threats.

But here is the thing you all keep missing. When it comes to a highly transmissable virus it isn't just YOUR body. You can literally infect hundreds if not thousands of people. It is about having compassion for everyone around you. Doing the right thing is getting vaccinated if you're able to and masking up when in groups until we have enough people enoculated against this virus to where it no longer poses any major threats.
I'm somewhat fine with people taking that position as long they apply it universally like there should be no drug laws and abortion should remain legal.

Absolutely not. No masks. And no boosters. If given choice I made in May to do over, I wound not even be vaccinated.

Reactions: F4Gary
May I ask why your stance on vaccination flipped?
Ive had covid. The studies have shown clearly I don’t need it. Abs the policy makers ignoring NI have driven me to not trust anything they say now. They just lost credibility.

I’m not personally anti vax. I would not tell folks not to get it (well I would likely encourage people to really think about whether to get kids vaxxed). But I don’t trust them at all now. When they can’t figure how to mix in clear science into the policy for what appear clear political reasons, I stop listening.

Reactions: SteveT1 and fsufool
Ive had covid. The studies have shown clearly I don’t need it. Abs the policy makers ignoring NI have driven me to not trust anything they say now. They just lost credibility.
That's fine. You used your own thoughts to create your own ideas. I like when people think for themselves. But are you just as likely to change your mind again if (when is probably the better word :)) more data suggests immunity after infection begins to wane?

FWIW I think you did the right thing to get the vax, and I thank you for it.

Reactions: goldmom
I am curious why you think it’s good I had it if I had NI? I could understand your logic if it’s a year from now and people think we need boosters (it’s very unlikely I will do any; will require more trust and a lot more data). But there was zero reason for me to get vaxxed when I did. I had covid at Christmas. I had antibodies as recently as two months ago when I gave blood. Is it just that you feel it’s safer to vax everyone whether they need it or not?

I am curious why you think it’s good I had it if I had NI? I could understand your logic if it’s a year from now and people think we need boosters (it’s very unlikely I will do any; will require more trust and a lot more data). But there was zero reason for me to get vaxxed when I did. I had covid at Christmas. I had antibodies as recently as two months ago when I gave blood. Is it just that you feel it’s safer to vax everyone whether they need it or not?
If I thought that everyone was completely safe after infection then I would say vaccines after infection are useless. But considering everyone's immune response during and after infection is different for a variety of reasons, there is no telling how long your immunity could last. There is a very high chance that your immunity will wane, and vaccination after infection has shown to increase immune response even further, giving you greater protection over the same amount of time. Until we know everything we can about how to handle the virus, until hospitals can stop being stressed, until a global pandemic can come to an end, and until deaths are reduced, I will always support someone's decision to get vaccinated at any time.

All the studies show that getting the vaccine after a prior infection is leading to by far the strongest immune response against Covid. You're pretty much ready to roll and the data suggest ongoing immunity lasts much longer than either NI or just the vaccine. It's likely the reason you still have anti-bodies.

Reactions: AllNoles
That’s where we differ hugely. I’m not at all into that level of thinking. We don’t know long term risks. We can’t. Hell how long were people using talc and now companies are paying billions for all the harm it caused decades later. That doesn’t mean it’s not worth taking but those risks have to be balanced against risks of getting it or having it badly. What you’re saying is going to be the argument for never ending boosters and I will oppose those completely without a massive amount of other info and a set of policy makers I trust. They’re losing my trust more every day.

Getting vaccinated does not eliminate the transmission of the virus according to the science. Since this is the case, according to the CDC, then why is it the right thing to do to get vaccinated?

This vaccine is not like others and does not prevent getting the virus nor transmitting it, it is solely to limit the affects to the person who has received it.... according to the CDC this week any how.

GO NOLES!!!

Reactions: GbrNole
Getting vaccinated does not eliminate the transmission of the virus according to the science. Since this is the case, according to the CDC, then why is it the right thing to do to get vaccinated?

This vaccine is not like others and does not prevent getting the virus nor transmitting it, it is solely to limit the affects to the person who has received it.... according to the CDC this week any how.

GO NOLES!!!
COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective at preventing infection, hospitalization, and death. Most people who get COVID-19 are unvaccinated. However, since vaccines are not 100% effective at preventing infection, some people who are fully vaccinatedwill still get COVID-19. An infection of a fully vaccinated person is referred to as a “breakthrough infection.” People who get vaccine breakthrough infections can be contagious but are less likely than unvaccinated people to be hospitalized or die.

That is from the very article you linked to. Did you miss the part where it says they are "effective at preventing infection"? All infections? No. But it prevents the vast majority of infections. C'mon. At least read what you are citing.

Reactions: fsufool
COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective at preventing infection, hospitalization, and death. Most people who get COVID-19 are unvaccinated. However, since vaccines are not 100% effective at preventing infection, some people who are fully vaccinatedwill still get COVID-19. An infection of a fully vaccinated person is referred to as a “breakthrough infection.” People who get vaccine breakthrough infections can be contagious but are less likely than unvaccinated people to be hospitalized or die.

That is from the very article you linked to. Did you miss the part where it says they are "effective at preventing infection"? All infections? No. But it prevents the vast majority of infections. C'mon. At least read what you are citing.

It doesn't prevent transmission, plain and simple. That's why the mask mandate are back. Again, this vaccine is more of a preventative / therapeutic than what folks commonly think of a vaccines as. BTW, I support vaccinations, just not the ridiculous politicizing of this particular one which doesn't do what many people think it does.

GO NOLES!!!

It doesn't prevent transmission, plain and simple. That's why the mask mandate are back. Again, this vaccine is more of a preventative / therapeutic than what folks commonly think of a vaccines as. BTW, I support vaccinations, just not the ridiculous politicizing of this particular one which doesn't do what many people think it does.

GO NOLES!!!
Just to get all the facts out there, vaccines do not prevent transmission, they reduce the likelihood of transmission.

Just to get all the facts out there, vaccines do not prevent transmission, they reduce the likelihood of transmission.
Ok, how about this. They prevent the vast majority of transmissions. Just like every single other vaccine. Contrary to the poster above's comments, they do prevent transmissions. Which is why we use them. like every other vaccine. no vaccine prevents all.

GO NOLES!!!
No vaccine completely eliminates the ability to spread a virus or bacteria.

Reactions: Dhersh and goldmom
No vaccine completely eliminates the ability to spread a virus or bacteria.

Pops... agreed, but many do a much, much better job at preventing spread, this one clearly does not do as good as they thought it would with the fact that the CDC did a 180 degree turn on mask wearing.

This vaccine is less like the previously mandated (polio, smallpox, MMR, etc) which are very efficacious at preventing the disease & spread (MMR limits to 1000 cases per year) but more like how the seasonal flu vaccine works (which is not mandated and allows 35-50M cases per year and hopefully lessen symptoms some).

GO NOLES!!!

The CDC flipped on mask wearing because they changed their narrative from "masks don't prevent the wearer from catching the virus" which is true to "masks reduce likelihood of the wearer transmitting the virus" which also may be true but is clearly debated.

The flu vaccine, however, is not comparable to COVID vaccines as far as efficacy goes. Totally different reasons due to totally different situations.

As I said earlier… if your mask works and your vaccine works…. We’re good right?
You have nothing to fear from the great unwashed …. Right?

Reactions: flmom777 and F4Gary
As I said earlier… if your mask works and your vaccine works…. We’re good right?
You have nothing to fear from the great unwashed …. Right?
Masks help to lower the transmission rate, Vaccines have never been 100% in stopping someone from being infected. Vaccines do one thing very well and that is prevent serious illness and death. Your argument is flawed and not backed by any science.

• Haha
Reactions: Palm Valley Nole
Masks help to lower the transmission rate, Vaccines have never been 100% in stopping someone from being infected. Vaccines do one thing very well and that is prevent serious illness and death. Your argument is flawed and not backed by any science.
We sell mask (N95) at the construction supply business we own in Jacksonville.

Construction workers have used them for years to try to keep drywall dust from getting in their lungs.

I have seen the dust in their nasal hairs as well as around their mouth when they take their mask down to speak.

Drywall dust is LARGER than Covid molecules I’m told by the manufacturer of the mask.

So…. Your argument is flawed and not backed up by any science.

We sell mask (N95) at the construction supply business we own in Jacksonville.

Construction workers have used them for years to try to keep drywall dust from getting in their lungs.

I have seen the dust in their nasal hairs as well as around their mouth when they take their mask down to speak.

Drywall dust is LARGER than Covid molecules I’m told by the manufacturer of the mask.

So…. Your argument is flawed and not backed up by any science.
no point in arguing with you because no matter how many times you're proven wrong you won't accept it.

• Haha
Reactions: Palm Valley Nole
no point in arguing with you because no matter how many times you're proven wrong you won't accept it.
Our mask rep says you've been watching too much CNN there Indiana.....

He said to ask you if you actually think one size mask fits everyone because they don't.

You keep wearing your bandanas and getting your shots and stop letting real men make you lose sleep over this.

Go Noles!

Reactions: F4Gary

He said to ask you if you actually think one size mask fits everyone because they don't.

You keep wearing your bandanas and getting your shots and stop letting real men make you lose sleep over this.

Go Noles!
Wow so masculine lmao

Go Noles!
Noticing in the last few weeks that the dialogue is becoming more and more partisan and less and less respectful in these Covid related threads. Keep it up and there won’t be any discussions allowed on here.

He doesn’t have the power to make Congress do anything. No idea on the post office.
Say what? Members of Congress and the USPS aren't American citizens like you or I?

You are suggesting there is a carve out for these special citizens (maybe he knew that there would be mass defiance and was proactive).

On the other side of his mouth, private companies with over 100 people are being mandated by OSHA for these vaccines.

The more you talk about this stuff Pops the more I see how misinformed you are.

GO NOLES!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: flmom777 and F4Gary
Say what? Members of Congress and the USPS aren't American citizens like you or I?

You are suggesting there is a carve out for these special citizens (maybe he knew that there would be mass defiance and was proactive).

On the other side of his mouth, private companies with over 150 people are being mandated by OSHA for these vaccines.

GO NOLES!!!
But not all the illegals on the 2 am flights they are re settling in our cities either. Wouldn’t want to upset them.

On the other side of his mouth, private companies with over 100 people are being mandated by OSHA for these vaccines.

GO NOLES!!!
Yes Congress has always been treated differently. Shocker that people in power are treated differently than average people.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT