ADVERTISEMENT

Daytona Beach

RunRonnieRun

Veteran Seminole Insider
Aug 23, 2007
ITP Atlanta
Had a quick trip here for work; probably 20 years since the last time I was here.

I don't ever remember it being particularly nice, but my god what a craphole. It takes a lot for me to feel unsafe, but there were stretches along the beachfront that I had no desire to walk after dark.

Quick and easy airport though.

Reactions: Lurker1999
Had a quick trip here for work; probably 20 years since the last time I was here.

I don't ever remember it being particularly nice, but my god what a craphole. It takes a lot for me to feel unsafe, but there were stretches along the beachfront that I had no desire to walk after dark.

My in-laws live in Ponce Inlet, so I have to go to that area at least once a year. Your description is fair.

Reactions: Lurker1999
My in-laws live in Ponce Inlet, so I have to go to that area at least once a year. Your description is fair.
Ponce, Smyrna, and Bethune are nice, but ive never cared for Daytona. It's like if PCB and Myrtle Beach had an incestuous baby that just unknowingly plopped out on its own in Volusia County.

Reactions: FreeFlyNole
I used to do quite a bit of business up there with Halifax hospital, city run hospital, and pretty much a dumpster fire. There are one or two decent hotels on the beach, Marriott's Delta hotel is alright. All the doctors that work up that way live North in Ormond Beach, much nicer up that way.

Daytona Beach Story, about 14 years ago, me and a buddy picked up some strippers who were down for bike week. Banged them out, my buddy ended up getting the one he was with pregnant, with twins! DNA text positive! He's been paying child support for like 12 years, never has met them.

Terrible luck, but damn, raw dogging a stripper....

I used to do quite a bit of business up there with Halifax hospital, city run hospital, and pretty much a dumpster fire. There are one or two decent hotels on the beach, Marriott's Delta hotel is alright. All the doctors that work up that way live North in Ormond Beach, much nicer up that way.

Daytona Beach Story, about 14 years ago, me and a buddy picked up some strippers who were down for bike week. Banged them out, my buddy ended up getting the one he was with pregnant, with twins! DNA text positive! He's been paying child support for like 12 years, never has met them.

Jesus. Awful judgment.

Damn - how did the stripper get his real name/number? asking for a friend

Reckon our buddy from Indiana could find a vacancy this weekend?

Holy sh!t bro, that is... Wow man. Wow.

Last edited:

I drive past on I-95 from time to time, but never have actually been to Daytona at all. And from the sound of it, I'm not in a hurry to go either.

They became friendly. He wanted to return to the well at some point.

idjut.gif

Daytona Beach sold its soul to Spring Breakers in the 80s.

What's notable is that Ft. Lauderdale has been able to reinvent itself, while Daytona has not.

Reactions: dmm5157
I had the extreme misfortune of being relocated to Daytona Beach for six miserable months. Jacksonville never looked so good after living in that hell hole.

My thoughts exactly. This will resonate throughout his entire life. I mean, how to explain to potential love interests that you fathered twins, whom you've never met, through a bender with a stripper...in Daytona, no less.

White people problems

Reactions: Urban Cryer

I’ll take Mulligans You’d Like to Have for $1,000, Alex.

Reactions: dmm5157
One of my pledge brothers lives in Ormond. Supposedly the only really nice area of Daytona.
Ormond is a nice beach side town, not super fancy but much quieter/cleaner. Same going south out of Daytona into Ponce.

Your buddy should go on a Scare Kids Straight tour with the tossing salad guy from prison.

Ormond is a nice beach side town, not super fancy but much quieter/cleaner. Same going south out of Daytona into Ponce.
Whats up with Port Orange? That exit off 95 has blown up in the last 5 yrs. Reminds me of the Pooler ex near Savannah. Nothing at all for decades, then bam overnight.

Whats up with Port Orange? That exit off 95 has blown up in the last 5 yrs. Reminds me of the Pooler ex near Savannah. Nothing at all for decades, then bam overnight.

Not sure, but I do stop at that exit with shopping center for gas and eats on way home from Savannah. Culver's and Wawa right next door to each other, both pretty new.

Imagine if Doc and Marty landed the Delorean in Daytona. They'd be confused A.F.

"Damnit Marty, I thought you destroyed the Almanac!"

"I did!!!"

"Dad punched out Biff?"

"Yep"

"Beauford got thrown in jail?"

"Yep"

"??????"

"??????"

Daytona Beach sold its soul to Spring Breakers in the 80s.

What's notable is that Ft. Lauderdale has been able to reinvent itself, while Daytona has not.
Daytona's problems nowadays have nothing to do with the Spring breakers unless they all took up residence.The locals are the issue

Port Orange is growing fast. It now has multiple neighborhoods with respectable wealth. I bought my first house in Port Orange in 2014 and sold it in 2017 for over 30% more. I'm in NSB now and prefer it, but still go to Port Orange a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT