ADVERTISEMENT

Diverticulitis

My son had the daily double of diverticulitis and an acute appendicitis at the same time. Had emergency surgery to remove his appendix and spent a couple of extra days in the hospital on IV Cipro.

Make sure you are getting enough electrolytes. Took Mrs. F4 to the emergency room in January with what we thought was diverticulitis. Colonoscopy said no, but her sodium levels were low. She drinks a lot of water and basically flushes out the sodium.
She now drinks either Biolyte or uses the Liquid IV powder and she has no more of that problem.

I've had diverticulosis since puberty with diverticulitis flare ups every so often. I know that abdominal pain. I lost eighteen inches of intestines back in 2002 because of diverticulitis infections. Follow your gastroenterologists instructions and do whatever you can. Once you lose more than two feet of intestinal tract you'll have to wear a colostomy bag the rest of your life. I may still have to eventually but I'd like to put it off as long as I can. Cut way back on dairy products and wear looser fitting clothing. You'll be amazed how much a difference it makes. Good luck!

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT