ADVERTISEMENT

Eagles sign Tebow??

Tebow is great at scoring 1-yard touchdowns. That's pretty much all he's good at.

If you're saying the Eagles are bringing him back just for two-point opportunities on the PATs, I'd say you're crazy. They have to pay him the league minimum (at least), plus healthcare, retirement, etc. That's a lot of $$$ just for one or two plays per game (tops). If you have the lead, you never go for two. I think this is grasping.

He'd probably be doing other special teams duty and serving as a 3rd string quarterback. It's a pretty good deal actually.

He'd probably be doing other special teams duty and serving as a 3rd string quarterback. It's a pretty good deal actually.
I guess we'll see in September, but I think it's an extremely good deal for Tebow and not remotely good for the Eagles. The entire reason we're even talking about it on an FSU college football board is because it's so baffling.

Tebow has a Nike deal. Phil Knight owns Nike. Chip Kelly worked for Knight at Oergon

A favor and camp arm.

Tebow is that desperate to get back in the NFL knowing that he really wouldn't be a quarterback in the traditional sense?

Tebow has three years of experience so he'd be a 4th year player in 2015 if he were to make the Eagles' roster.

Do you have ANY idea of what the league minimum is for a 4th year player? I do as I just looked it up: $745,000.

Where else do you think Tebow can make that kind of coin? He's got a future in TV, but they aren't paying him that jack at this point.

If he can help them win even one game with 2 pt conversions and an occasional QB sneak on short yardage, that 725k just payed for itself, plus incremental ticket sales and add dollars from Tebow mania, great deal for both.

Tebow has three years of experience so he'd be a 4th year player in 2015 if he were to make the Eagles' roster.

Do you have ANY idea of what the league minimum is for a 4th year player? I do as I just looked it up: $745,000.

Where else do you think Tebow can make that kind of coin? He's got a future in TV, but they aren't paying him that jack at this point.

For some reason many people don't think of these guys as people with jobs/income. Like when several people were so shocked that Muschamp would take the DC job at Auburn.

Extra Point in the NFL. They are considering moving it back to the 15 yard line for kicks and to the 1.5 yard line for a two point try. Tebow sucks as a QB, but he is a weapon on short yardage situations, (hate to admit that). If the rule isn't changed, he will be cut, if it is changed he will be a nice asset to use a handful of times a game. Chip Kelly loves to try and steal points, this is nothing more than that. So Tebow may yet become a NFL QB, but will never be a starter.

If Tebow does make the team as the 3rd QB, I don't think he can be used on 2 pt plays unless they don't want to use their first 2 QBs the rest of the game. Can hold, but not 2 pt (unless the rule has changed). If he's 2nd string, he'd be eligible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT