ADVERTISEMENT

FACE MASKING

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSURobert

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2018
Guys and gals, forgive me for using this forum for a PSA, but I was in a Publix today and couldn't believe how many people weren't wearing masks.

Not wearing a mask in public literally says: "I could be an undiagnosed, asymptomatic carrier, but I don't care about you or anyone else enough to take a simple, effortless, low-cost precaution that could save your life. I don't care if I turn you into an undiagnosed asymptomatic carrier as well and you pass it along to your family and loved ones. I just don't care."

The preceding is not hyperbolic or over-dramatic. It is literally how germs and viruses spread.

WEAR A MASK PEOPLE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys and gals, forgive me for using this forum for a PSA, but I was in a Publix today and couldn't believe how many people weren't wearing masks.

Not wearing a mask in public literally says: "I could be an undiagnosed, asymptomatic carrier, but I don't care about you or anyone else enough to take a simple, effortless, low-cost precaution that could save your life. I don't care if I turn you into an undiagnosed asymptomatic carrier as well and you pass it along to your family and loved ones. I just don't care."

The preceding is not hyperbolic or over-dramatic. It is literally how germs and viruses spread.

WEAR A MASK PEOPLE.
Most people aren't wearing mask. I'll say in my city Atlanta I'll give it 10% people are wearing them. To be honest I don't either. I just don't think its real. Just my opinion based off my research I've done on this. I will not encourage anyone to do what I'm saying. Its your health and your life and your way about going with how you personally interpret this media and these agendas. Putting a mask on can only help and that helps with other air viruses like the cold and Flu and others.

Reactions: Odel4Pres

WEAR A MASK PEOPLE.
No

Reactions: gwgwi and Odel4Pres
Most people aren't wearing mask. I'll say in my city Atlanta I'll give it 10% people are wearing them. To be honest I don't either. I just don't think its real. Just my opinion based off my research I've done on this. I will not encourage anyone to do what I'm saying. Its your health and your life and your way about going with how you personally interpret this media and these agendas. Putting a mask on can only help and that helps with other air viruses like the cold and Flu and others.

That mentality is disgusting. Truly. Wearing a mask takes zero effort and could literally save a life. That's not spin. That's science.

In my opinion we need to wear masks in public to do anything possible to hopefully flatten the curve and keep it flat.

Staying 6 feet or more apart and wearing a mask in public will increase the likelihood of having a football season in some sort.

WEAR A MASK PEOPLE.

South Florida Publix stores...and essential businesses like Ace Hardware, CVS, at least in Broward....no mask or face covering, no entry. No choice down here...

Reactions: 89nole
That mentality is disgusting. Truly. Wearing a mask takes zero effort and could literally save a life. That's not spin. That's science.
That’s your opinion. If people don’t want to get sick they shouldn’t expect everyone else to put on a mask just to make them feel safer. They should stay home. I’ll do what i think I have to do to keep myself safe and my family. I’ll wash my hands and try to stay 6 feet away. I don’t think it’s necessary to wear a mask. That kind of mentality is not disgusting.

You get a annual cold every year and you don't call yourself that do you? Plus its all ready been proven scientifically incorrect to think the mask works. Air still comes through the sides if the masks and the virus can get in there too. It all can get in through your eye because it's wet. So if someone coughs and the virus spreads to you eye then what. The virus also can get in you by touching the mask to remove it. Scientists say you'd have to change mask 10 times a day. The only way is social distancing. That's fact. Wearing a mask is a waste of time. Why do you think doctors and nurses are getting it still? They wear mask too right?

That’s your opinion. If people don’t want to get sick they shouldn’t expect everyone else to put on a mask just to make them feel safer. They should stay home. I’ll do what i think I have to do to keep myself safe and my family. I’ll wash my hands and try to stay 6 feet away. I don’t think it’s necessary to wear a mask. That kind of mentality is not disgusting.
Sweden is taking a softer, do little approach, we will see how it works out for them....Hopefully they are right, and we are being overly cautious

Wearing masks would’ve been helpful a month ago.

Sweden is taking a softer, do little approach, we will see how it works out for them....Hopefully they are right, and we are being overly cautious
It's nothing wrong with being cautious. But at least learn about the coronavirus and how it spreads. A mask will not save you trust me. Doctors and nurses are getting it too and they have mask on. I wish the government would educate people on this. Social distance is the only way

Reactions: blazernole
It's nothing wrong with being cautious. But at least learn about the coronavirus and how it spreads. A mask will not save you trust me. Doctors and nurses are getting it too and they have mask on. I wish the government would educate people on this. Social distance is the only way
Exactly, I want the economy reopened ASAP, but not at the price of getting closed down again in 3 weeks.....

Agree. I don’t like it but I’ve been wearing one for two weeks. Bought them for kids and friends and give them away to encourage it. I’m shocked how many don’t get it’s not about how “brave” they are; it’s about them not accidentally spreading it.

Florida's biggest threat isn't Floridians. It's the snowbirds and tourist that will flock our State during the summer months from areas that have reported significant number of cases of COVID-19.

These idiots were knowingly flying into our State from areas with high number of cases and even some who had contracted it and placing Floridians at risk of COVID-19.

But you'll hear from the group think crowd how stupid and dirty Floridians are. But if the narrative keeps them out of our State then I'm all for it.

how long do i need to wear a mask? Until coronavirus is extinct? When does that happen? And do i have to wear one after coronoa is gone? What about the flu or colds, or stomach viruses? I'm not saying they are equal (because I don't know if they are). But if I have to wear a mask now, shouldn't I have to forever?

And wouldn't it be better to get through this quickly? The curve HAS BEEN flattened. I've been hearing that once it's flattened, life will return to normal. Now, the curve has to be eliminated?

What about my hands not being clean. If I take a dump, then don't wash my hands (that's disgusting), and then touch a bunch of apples/grapes, etc. is that worse? How will you police that? Do you think you're consuming germs by others not washing their hands? Have you in the past disinfected every item you have touched?

If no, you better start.

how long do i need to wear a mask? Until coronavirus is extinct? When does that happen? And do i have to wear one after coronoa is gone? What about the flu or colds, or stomach viruses? I'm not saying they are equal (because I don't know if they are). But if I have to wear a mask now, shouldn't I have to forever?

And wouldn't it be better to get through this quickly? The curve HAS BEEN flattened. I've been hearing that once it's flattened, life will return to normal. Now, the curve has to be eliminated?

What about my hands not being clean. If I take a dump, then don't wash my hands (that's disgusting), and then touch a bunch of apples/grapes, etc. is that worse? How will you police that? Do you think you're consuming germs by others not washing their hands? Have you in the past disinfected every item you have touched?

If no, you better start.

Next two weeks.

I think I will be buying American made to the best extent that I can in EVERYTHING I buy
People don't realize or understand how this situation will change America. Ever been to a dollar store? Walked the aisles at not just Wal Mart...Target, Home Depot, Home Goods, Sports Authority?

We've become reliant on low cost goods - and many more goods that are not "low cost" such as medical equipment, prescription medicine, appliance and electronics and replacement parts. I'm sure we've all joked or heard jokes about Made in China so we might get a year or two out of it before "it" breaks - whatever "it" might be.

Buying inexpensive things has allowed life in America to move along with business here getting by on an entire tier of our working class to go on working for minimum wage in some states. And only in the last two years has our booming economy created a labor shortage that's forced wages to finally move upward. But a huge number of folks are still working for $10-12 an hour. Do the math. Until there are a few million $18-20 an hour (or more) jobs created by bringing manufacturing back home and people understand there will be no more "dollar store prices" as a result, we are going to undergo some continuing challenges in the social order. Upgrading skills will be a must. Higher prices for everything to pay those folks have to be a trade off, and as a group, educating them to understand that they're paying themselves and their neighbors.

Think of how things work in other parts of the world. If you don't earn, you don't eat. Outside of the US and Western Europe, there's no real "safety net".
I just think we're going to see a new reality.

People don't realize or understand how this situation will change America. Ever been to a dollar store? Walked the aisles at not just Wal Mart...Target, Home Depot, Home Goods, Sports Authority?

We've become reliant on low cost goods - and many more goods that are not "low cost" such as medical equipment, prescription medicine, appliance and electronics and replacement parts. I'm sure we've all joked or heard jokes about Made in China so we might get a year or two out of it before "it" breaks - whatever "it" might be.

Buying inexpensive things has allowed life in America to move along with business here getting by on an entire tier of our working class to go on working for minimum wage in some states. And only in the last two years has our booming economy created a labor shortage that's forced wages to finally move upward. But a huge number of folks are still working for $10-12 an hour. Do the math. Until there are a few million $18-20 an hour (or more) jobs created by bringing manufacturing back home and people understand there will be no more "dollar store prices" as a result, we are going to undergo some continuing challenges in the social order. Upgrading skills will be a must. Higher prices for everything to pay those folks have to be a trade off, and as a group, educating them to understand that they're paying themselves and their neighbors.

Think of how things work in other parts of the world. If you don't earn, you don't eat. Outside of the US and Western Europe, there's no real "safety net".
Wow! Thanks for the very detailed and thorough economic report. It was a very intriguing, eye opening article. Thanks so much for sharing! Have you been approached for being on any economic task forces? Your good, sound, reason and rationale should surely be used somewhere.

Good. Stay out of Walmart. They are the embodiment of China in the US
No more so than Dollar Tree/Dollar General.
The issue is that millions depend on Wally World because of affordability. WalMart is the world’s biggest seller of organic food...so lots more than poor people shop there. I get things at Wal Mart. Detergent, pet food, vitamins, hair products. Lawn and garden stuff.

Reactions: Random_John
Wow! Thanks for the very detailed and thorough economic report. It was a very intriguing, eye opening article. Thanks so much for sharing! Have you been approached for being on any economic task forces? Your good, sound, reason and rationale should surely be used somewhere.
Remind me to kick your butt the next time I see you. :cool:

What will be interesting will be seeing how debt will be managed by banks moving forward. Where will the money be coming from if so many are being laid off? This is a bottom up issue and not a top down like so many recessions before.

And with all of this infusion of currency by the feds and the jobs seemingly evaporating every day what will happen with inflation? The next several months and year is going to be something to behold.

Reactions: goldmom
The issue is that millions depend on Wally World because of affordability. WalMart is the world’s biggest seller of organic food...so lots more than poor people shop there. I get things at Wal Mart. Detergent, pet food, vitamins, hair products. Lawn and garden stuff.
Motor oil, pretty sure that's not made in China.

Reactions: goldmom
I'm making masks out of my old underwear. Let me know if anybody needs one.

I'm making masks out of my old underwear. Let me know if anybody needs one.
thumb_thanks_i_hate_this_skid_mark_mask_72104982_c51562a6ce386ac632d799e6688e57f7e9b7419e.png

You're right on with people needing their work valued higher and how many people have been forced into 10-12 $/hr wage slavery. Unfortunately every "paradigm shift" thus far has made people more vulnerable, not less so and more comfortable being uncomfortable. You saw it in the 09 recession when people took what was available jobwise and adjusted their expectations accordingly. Mom's HAVING to go to work, because Dad's job doesn't pay enough to support a single income house; working classers who spent years earning 50¢/hr raises every six months only be fired and resume their same job at the "market rate" where they started; watching your company hire and promote the next c-suiter who has a plan to increase dividends ("time to run 'lean' yeah!) while experience means nothing.

We've been told for 4 decades that our employers are just one tax break or deregulation from sharing their profits. Anyone get a 14% raise three years ago? Still waiting for it to "trickle down" I guess.

Maybe someday manufacturing jobs will come back, but if big business has it's way it'll be us making toys and instapots for China at minimum wage. Not solid middle class jobs. The market simply won't allow it. There's enough cash in the economy to not need manufacturing jobs back; we just need business to share more and policy that allows for that. And we need to shift things back to where an investment dollar isnt more valuable than a dollar generated through labor.

For the record, I'm proud to live in a country with safety nets. I think part of being an American is not telling your fellow Americans that they just need to work harder and do more right things or they're SOL. The biggest welfare recipients in this country are corporations and the investment class, not parents trying to feed their kids in an economy looking to eat them alive.

Whew, off the soap box. Lol.

You're right on with people needing their work valued higher and how many people have been forced into 10-12 $/hr wage slavery. Unfortunately every "paradigm shift" thus far has made people more vulnerable, not less so and more comfortable being uncomfortable. You saw it in the 09 recession when people took what was available jobwise and adjusted their expectations accordingly. Mom's HAVING to go to work, because Dad's job doesn't pay enough to support a single income house; working classers who spent years earning 50¢/hr raises every six months only be fired and resume their same job at the "market rate" where they started; watching your company hire and promote the next c-suiter who has a plan to increase dividends ("time to run 'lean' yeah!) while experience means nothing.

We've been told for 4 decades that our employers are just one tax break or deregulation from sharing their profits. Anyone get a 14% raise three years ago? Still waiting for it to "trickle down" I guess.

Maybe someday manufacturing jobs will come back, but if big business has it's way it'll be us making toys and instapots for China at minimum wage. Not solid middle class jobs. The market simply won't allow it. There's enough cash in the economy to not need manufacturing jobs back; we just need business to share more and policy that allows for that. And we need to shift things back to where an investment dollar isnt more valuable than a dollar generated through labor.

For the record, I'm proud to live in a country with safety nets. I think part of being an American is not telling your fellow Americans that they just need to work harder and do more right things or they're SOL. The biggest welfare recipients in this country are corporations and the investment class, not parents trying to feed their kids in an economy looking to eat them alive.

Sanity rears its ugly head.

Reactions: Random_John
I'm willing pay more to stay out of wal-mart. Felt like I was going to catch something everytime I walked in the door. If I need something from wal-mart...i get it delivered. Besides, it's not as cheap as it used to be.

I'm willing pay more to stay out of wal-mart. Felt like I was going to catch something everytime I walked in the door. If I need something from wal-mart...i get it delivered. Besides, it's not as cheap as it used to be.
No, it's not. Nothing is. Wal Mart had to raise their wages in order to compete with Target and Costco for workers. There are nice Wal Marts and then there are junky ones. I've been in both.

In the last 4 years skill labor has far exceeded 14% wage increase. Since those tax cuts you reference the job market for highly skill labor has sky rocketed. I literally could put 100 trained welders to work a month if it were possible to train them that fast. Starting pay in the $25-$35/hr. Most jobs are averaging 50hrs/week so a lot of young folks are starting careers with good futures in front of them. At the school I teach it is not only the welders in such high demand as companies are lined up to hire electricians, heating and air technicians, mechanics, and many other skilled trades.

I keep hearing corporations and the investment class are the largest welfare recipients, yet we continue to have the highest corporate taxes in the world. While I am not against safety nets, they should be more like hands up and not so much as never ending hand outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT