ADVERTISEMENT

Fellas It’s Been Good to Know Ya

Sundown came too early for him.

Mrs. (Nopics) Ed and I saw him back in the mid 70s; he was much healthier then, and looked as big as a lumberjack. I read today he was only 6' tall. He sure looked bigger back then. He'll be missed.

I went to a concert of his back in the day. My hubby was a huge fan of his.
Thinking about his songs he’s one of those artists where you remember all the words and find yourself singing along.
RIP
Show nuff, I just found myself singing along as I post. Its just downright uncanny! "Where have all the Flowers Gone? Good Time Passing...., When will they ever learn..... When will they........ everrrrrrrr...... learnnnnn." I'm wondering if we could just get everyone to sing along, "We all live in a Yellow Submarine.... A Yellow Submarine! A Yellow Submarine!" We all live ....." I can feel all the salutations, goodwill and love already."
Warmly,

FWIW, Lightfoot's song Sundown was about his one-time girlfriend and backup singer Cathy Smith. She was the same woman who injected John Belushi with the Heroin/cocaine that killed him.
Wow. Did not know that.
And now Tim Bachman of BTO has passed on at 71. Jeebus, these people are MY age (well, Bachman was). Suddenly, I start thinking a great deal about Bobby's quote about retiring: "Once you retire, there ain't but one thing left."
Well, driving an RV maybe.

Reactions: MagNoleA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT