ADVERTISEMENT

Fisher Signs Three year extension

Sexton up to his old tricks. Absolutely insane.

They are out of their mind. We'll see what happens this year with that QB but their super duper record was as much smoke and mirrors as I've seen. Every team they were supposed to play that was supposed to be good was an abomination. Auburn and South Carolina both fired their coach and LSU completely fell apart under Ed Ogre. It's like they're paying for air right now

Sexton up to his old tricks. Absolutely insane.
Yep, Sexton already putting bug in TA&M AD ear that good chance LSU job could be coming open at the end of the year if they have a poor showing on top of the ncaa investigation and Jimbo will be there first choice. Man knows how to get his clients paid.

200.gif

So when this goes South and it will go south then it becomes more of a financial burden to get rid of him.

I swear the aggies and Jimbo deserve each; it’s all about ego. Or as the phrase said by ranchers “all hat and no cattle”.

They are out of their mind. We'll see what happens this year with that QB but their super duper record was as much smoke and mirrors as I've seen. Every team they were supposed to play that was supposed to be good was an abomination. Auburn and South Carolina both fired their coach and LSU completely fell apart under Ed Ogre. It's like they're paying for air right now

Unless that new QB is a savant or they have a Heisman level player at RB then we all know how it’s going to play out.

I still take the bet that he never wins 10 regular season games at A&M.

One of their posters on Aggie Yell seemed to sum it up pretty good today.

“Guaranteed money with no buyout with no non compete is just a stupid one sided contract.”

“He holds all the cards and can walk away at anytime. We can’t fire him without paying the remainder of the contract, but he can go any where at any time.”

“To answer your question about LSU, I don’t know what they can come up with, but they don’t have to come up with a buy out.”

“Glad we are rich enough to throw more money at him but should have gotten something in return.”

This is so beautiful….. they’re worried about their offensive line, they’re worried about Jimbo going to LSU next year….I see a pattern here haha.

I’m almost over my Jimbo bitterness. Appreciated him being here for Bobby’s Memorial. But I’m not over it yet. Those guys must have money to burn. Good for them. Saban still needs his car washed….

1.5 million per for what was already top tier contract only a few years in.. Good year last season (still got hammered by Bama), But other than that, just an average coach since he's been there. What gives, thoughts?

1.5 million per for what was already top tier contract only a few years in.. Good year last season (still got hammered by Bama), But other than that, just an average coach since he's been there. What gives, thoughts?
We've seen this movie before. His agent doing his thing. "Pay me more, or I'll flirt with LSU (or whoever).

I wonder if they will bump him again if he ever beats Nick? Saban now at $10.6 mil per year….

Lol average Coach come on man he’s a top 5 coach in college football!!!
I do agree with this. When he was at his best at FSU, he turned a 6-win team (Bobby's last year) into the best roster in CFB in 3 years. TAM better hope he's returned to that focus if they're paying that kind of money.

I'm still SMH at his QB signings after Jameis, and the failure/refusal to replace assistants who weren't cutting it starting in 2014. Instead he was fighting with the admin. and Boosters to "go all in" on football. I get it, he was dealing with personal stuff too and that's hard. It's just a shame that we reached the peak in 2013-2014 and that it crashed so quickly.

Oh well, we got a guy now who will be earning some pay raises very soon.

Look man I think everyone’s angry about him leaving us the way he did but enough is enough. Texas A&M finished in the top 5 last year for the first time in god knows how long and did it against an all SEC slate. Say what you want but their joke of a program is now at worst the best team in Texas so They got their money’s worth

Look man I think everyone’s angry about him leaving us the way he did but enough is enough. Texas A&M finished in the top 5 last year for the first time in god knows how long and did it against an all SEC slate. Say what you want but their joke of a program is now at worst the best team in Texas so They got their money’s worth

We’ll see. I think Covid had something to do with that.
If UF hadn’t fumbled late, (@midfield) they would have lost that game - at home.

If UF hadn’t fumbled late, (@midfield) they would have lost that game - at home.
And if FSU Kicks two field goals a little further left Bobby has two more championships. These plays are football. You can't look back and say ATM should have lost they found a way to win. That is what well coached teams do.

They finished top 5 last year and they are near the top 5 again this year. If you this they were ranked this high the year before Jimbo got there you are kidding yourself.

He is building a strong program there at the moment.

I do agree with this. When he was at his best at FSU, he turned a 6-win team (Bobby's last year) into the best roster in CFB in 3 years. TAM better hope he's returned to that focus if they're paying that kind of money.

I'm still SMH at his QB signings after Jameis, and the failure/refusal to replace assistants who weren't cutting it starting in 2014. Instead he was fighting with the admin. and Boosters to "go all in" on football. I get it, he was dealing with personal stuff too and that's hard. It's just a shame that we reached the peak in 2013-2014 and that it crashed so quickly.

Oh well, we got a guy now who will be earning some
But they did. There’s no we’ll see. We lose the national titles in 13 and 93 if Karlos is stopped on the fake or Nebraska makes the field goal but neither happened. Jimbo finished in the top 5 at A&M in three years.

younger team this year and probably won’t finish in the top 10 despite starting there but A&M is relavent now. They werent when he was hired

Nothing more to say than let’s go Mike and move on

this . great coach great staff and great program

Reactions: OtownFSU81
Look, I really think most are missing the point here. The point is not Jimbo getting paid a lot of money. The point is that FSU can't do this. Today's college football has become more about money. We need to care less about what Jimbo makes and more about how we keep up financially.
I agree that this is what we need to focus on as a program going forward. We need to find ways to continue to generate additional revenue to compete with other programs however the point of this post was to piss on Jimbo as though he is an incompetent coach when he is actually doing a great job at ATM.

He made them relevant again in college football. They haven't been relevant in something like 10,000 years. I'm certain in their view he has earned the raise.

Reactions: Tjking29
26-10 finished 4 nationally last year highest rating for Texas A &M since 1939 He is a top 5 coach

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT