ADVERTISEMENT

Fisher Signs Three year extension

giphy.gif

Jimbo will be a bit above average until he gets himself a new Jameis.

Jameis made Jimbo, Jimbo didn’t make Jameis. I’m glad he’s gone after he trashed our program he will be top of the second tier in SEC as long as he survives. At least he’s getting paid.

1.5 million per for what was already top tier contract only a few years in.. Good year last season (still got hammered by Bama), But other than that, just an average coach since he's been there. What gives, thoughts?
I see his agent's extortion abilities are still going strong. just happy they're using them on someone else besides us for once.

Reactions: SlowieFSU
1.5 million per for what was already top tier contract only a few years in.. Good year last season (still got hammered by Bama), But other than that, just an average coach since he's been there. What gives, thoughts?
Jimmy Sexton strikes again…. Wonder how long before the threats of going to other schools comes???

I don’t know about average, he’s far from that. Guess you haven’t looked at their recruiting class. That QB he has coming in next year that boy can sling and run it.
Best player’s money can buy, But carry on. And if you don’t like it, come down here and say it to my face. Narcissist pos

Reactions: Palm Valley Nole
Jimbo was right
This.

Jimbo saw the future of college Football and the $$$$ it takes to be an elite program.

Unfortunately for FSU, they wouldn’t go all in on football and the rest is history.

I really like Norvell and think he will make us competitive again, but elite takes the big $$$$ and we don’t have or won’t pony it up for the football program.

There’s a reason why OKLAHOMA and Texas jumping to $EC!

Reactions: Daddy-OO
Good for him.

I don’t really care to debate if he is average, good or great. Bottom line is FSU was never going to become relevant again with Jimbo in charge. It may not have bottomed out as quickly as it did with Taggart, but the program was quickly declining. Jimbo and FSU both needed a reset.

I do agree with this. When he was at his best at FSU, he turned a 6-win team (Bobby's last year) into the best roster in CFB in 3 years. TAM better hope he's returned to that focus if they're paying that kind of money.

I'm still SMH at his QB signings after Jameis, and the failure/refusal to replace assistants who weren't cutting it starting in 2014. Instead he was fighting with the admin. and Boosters to "go all in" on football. I get it, he was dealing with personal stuff too and that's hard. It's just a shame that we reached the peak in 2013-2014 and that it crashed so quickly.

Oh well, we got a guy now who will be earning some pay raises very soon.
Most people dont work well when their personal life is in shambles. People really forget/undervalue this piece of the Jimbo equation.

Reactions: noletaire
Good for him.

I don’t really care to debate if he is average, good or great. Bottom line is FSU was never going to become relevant again with Jimbo in charge. It may not have bottomed out as quickly as it did with Taggart, but the program was quickly declining. Jimbo and FSU both needed a reset.
jimbo needed a change in scenery. His declining job performance had nothing to do with anyone at FSU

Great Coach..it's ridiculous people try to say he is not...FSU lost him due to his Personal Drama and mainly he knew FSU could not afford financially to compete with The SEC and Big 10

Good for him.

This reset sucks so far!

Hopefully this year we are at least competitive, ND game will reveal a lot.

I do agree with this. When he was at his best at FSU, he turned a 6-win team (Bobby's last year) into the best roster in CFB in 3 years. TAM better hope he's returned to that focus if they're paying that kind of money.

I'm still SMH at his QB signings after Jameis, and the failure/refusal to replace assistants who weren't cutting it starting in 2014. Instead he was fighting with the admin. and Boosters to "go all in" on football. I get it, he was dealing with personal stuff too and that's hard. It's just a shame that we reached the peak in 2013-2014 and that it crashed so quickly.

Oh well, we got a guy now who will be earning some pay raises very soon.
Part of me thinks keeping certain staff was due to his personal issues- good to have trust worthy and close people around you when you’re going through something like that.

This reset sucks so far!

Hopefully this year we are at least competitive, ND game will reveal a lot.
It appears it will reveal that ND has a lot better players than we do. If players begin to look competent and slightly disciplined, then it will reveal the reset is taking place from when Jimbo left.

Why oh why do we keep talking about the coach at TAMU? I don’t give a rats ass what he makes.

This is all amusing. Jimbo is doing the same thing he did here. His hand is out looking for more money year after year.

And Texas AM is paying jimbo for a championship he won at FSU 8 years ago. That orange bowl during covid was worth the second highest contract in the sport after Saban? Dummies. What’s his contract going to be if he wins the SEC west? 15 million?

Fisher signed a deal for 75 million and, now its increasing... we hired sweet willie and a pink backpack.... wonder who got the best of that trade off....

Jimbo will be at LSU soon, very soon!

If LSU goes after anybody when Cajun Cookie Monster eventually gets canned, is Joe Brady

Plus Jimbo is getting everything and anything he wants from that Insecure bunch in College Station. Why would he leave?

Look, I really think most are missing the point here. The point is not Jimbo getting paid a lot of money. The point is that FSU can't do this. Today's college football has become more about money. We need to care less about what Jimbo makes and more about how we keep up financially.
^^^^Lots of Noles like to say Norvell views FSU as a "destination job," and that he's "not really motivated by money."

LOL. All of that sounds swell until someone actually offers him $7-8-9 million per year, plus Cadillac facilities. And if Norvell is as successful as we expect, that will absolutely happen in the relatively near future. Maybe Norvell stays in Tallahassee....but how does FSU respond to such an overture?? Does anyone think Norvell loves FSU enough to forfeit $3-4MM per year?

Reactions: Daddy-OO
Part of me thinks keeping certain staff was due to his personal issues- good to have trust worthy and close people around you when you’re going through something like that.
"Worthy and close" or "weak and lacks other options"? I think it was the latter, and that Jimbo could brow-beat them into silence/acquiescence. Jimbo loved to be in 100% control, so he surrounded himself with weaklings.

You know, just like FSU presidents have done when hiring low-horsepower ADs.

Sexton didn't "do" anything. The market is merely shifting. Look at the new extravagant deals for Dabo and Mullen, among others. As the tide comes in, all boats rise. TAMU merely wants to keep its little bald goat jockey happy. It's all chump change to TAMU, so why not??

Jimbo is still a jackass, and I still wish him great permanent unhappiness.

Reactions: Warchant User 1757
^^^^Lots of Noles like to say Norvell views FSU as a "destination job," and that he's "not really motivated by money."

LOL. All of that sounds swell until someone actually offers him $7-8-9 million per year, plus Cadillac facilities. And if Norvell is as successful as we expect, that will absolutely happen in the relatively near future. Maybe Norvell stays in Tallahassee....but how does FSU respond to such an overture?? Does anyone think Norvell loves FSU enough to forfeit $3-4MM per year?
Me and some FSU Buddies were actually talking about this a few days ago. If Norvell gets FSU in a position like how he left Memphis, I think he would take a stab at the NFL. He strikes me as a Pro Football Coach

Lol average Coach come on man he’s a top 5 coach in college football!!!
You’re probably right JB… but I can’t forget watching their bowl game against UNC….

If the Tarheal receivers hold on to three of the passes Howell put right in their hands Jimbo loses to a short handed ACC team
FSU beat by probably 21 points.

Ask yourself…:.If that happened would we still think Jimbo is a top 5 coach?

He was darn lucky to have won that game.

He made them relevant again in college football. They haven't been relevant in something like 10,000 years. I'm certain in their view he has earned the raise.

Johnny Manziel and Kevin Sumlin disagree. They’ve beat Bama while Fisher is losing by 4 TDs against them.

Reactions: Palm Valley Nole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT