ADVERTISEMENT

For those who defended shooting the lion ...

timenole

All-ACC
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2002
Palm City, FL
This witch needs to be hunted ...
11779834_1026443690708756_4175801528965029554_o.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/04/us/id...d=ob_homepage_NewsAndBuzz_pool&iref=obnetwork

Last edited:
Nothing she said makes sense. So she said she was killing it because it was old. But then goes on to say they're dangerous and could hurt you at any time ... so how is this hunting? Isn't it just glorified euthanasia? How is following an old animal "tracking"? And why is an old giraffe desirable for eating the meat? I don't get this at all.

Reactions: goldmom
Eh. I was rightfully outraged at the POACHING of a protected top level predator (which affects the whole ecosystem, just watch the Wolves in Yellowstone video) that was also basically tame (the best kind of tame, Cecil didn't approach humans but he wasn't nervous or aggressive to them either and basically didn't GAF). Here you've got someone taking probably/hopefully appropriate prey species that are not endangered. I will grant her arguments about doing it to eat are stupid, no one needs to fly to another continent to get some red meat. But other than that I'm fine with her.

I've eaten giraffe, it is one of the more unique flavors I've ever had.

How much of a challenge can it be to shoot a giraffe? They're HUGE!! Not to mention pretty harmless, unless you try to ride one! :)
What a horrible person.

Reactions: stevemacc
The African countries will rue making a big stink about this as they will lose huge $ from the wealthy hunters who pays tons of money for these big game hunts. Plus hunting is fine if properly managed. People have been hunting for as long as there have been people.

How much of a challenge can it be to shoot a giraffe? They're HUGE!! Not to mention pretty harmless, unless you try to ride one! :)
What a horrible person.

Just like house cats they are.....

Giraffe Kills Lion

The African countries will rue making a big stink about this as they will lose huge $ from the wealthy hunters who pays tons of money for these big game hunts. Plus hunting is fine if properly managed. People have been hunting for as long as there have been people.
Have you been on a safari? That stuff is expensive.
Financially they're much more well off protecting animal that need protecting to sustain their safari industries.

Last edited by a moderator:
why do people who believe in molecules to man evolution care if another human kills an animal?

why do people who believe in molecules to man evolution care if another human kills an animal?

Huh?

Also, like her male counterparts, clearly she suffers from a small penis. I would also say, that these folks all seem to be huge attention whores. Interestingly enough, this month's National Geographic (which came out before the lion shooting) has a picture of a Texas oil tycoon trophy hunter and his trophy wife in a huge room filled with stuffed animals. It is incredible. Let me see if I can find it online.

I don't care for trophy hunting one bit, but it appears the confederate flag flap is over and now the media is chasing these hunting stories with their usual gusto.

Seems yesterday news outlets were trying to start an uproar about office temperature being sexist.

I just can't seem to get too worked up about this but I'm glad I clicked on this thread. The giraffe killing the lion was pretty cool.

"This witch needs to be hunted". I do not understand that mentality. Someone does something you do not like so they need to be hunted/threatened? Like deaths threats to the dentist. Really? I do not agree with trophy hunting but death threats or say someone needs to be hunted? Just have to shake my head.

"This witch needs to be hunted". I do not understand that mentality. Someone does something you do not like so they need to be hunted/threatened? Like deaths threats to the dentist. Really? I do not agree with trophy hunting but death threats or say someone needs to be hunted? Just have to shake my head.

It's more than something I don't like, she's killing a beautiful animal simply for the sake of killing it. Humans have wiped out countless animals from existence simply because of our "I don't give a crap" attitude and our domination/superiority desires. She killed a GIRAFFE! Not to eat it, simply because she has a gun and wanted to see it die and brag that she did so. I hope the witch is hunted and left out to be eaten by the animals who could use the protein. (Same for the lion killer). F them.

Reactions: InsGadget
I am not into the whole hunting exotic animals scene but if I felt strongly enough against legalized hunts I would be inclined to work towards changing the laws that legalize the hunts. Laws can be amended or changed and opinions can be and are often swayed. Running around saying you wish to break laws by harming a legal hunter makes you look far worse. It is why most people think PETA is a joke and full of wackos. If you want to make a real difference in the world, you have to quit being a joke.

I am not into the whole hunting exotic animals scene but if I felt strongly enough against legalized hunts I would be inclined to work towards changing the laws that legalize the hunts. Laws can be amended or changed and opinions can be and are often swayed. Running around saying you wish to break laws by harming a legal hunter makes you look far worse. It is why most people think PETA is a joke and full of wackos. If you want to make a real difference in the world, you have to quit being a joke.

Oh please ... OK, I take back the I wish they were dead comments. If I got into an argument with her or the lion guy and told them to "go F themselves" you don't think I'm aware that it's anatomically impossible? I say those things in anger not literally.

I support PETA, Greenpeace, Sea Shepherd Conservation Society ... these folk can do and say some crazy stuff, but their overall message and actions are admirable and make them better humans than I.

Oh please ... OK, I take back the I wish they were dead comments. If I got into an argument with her or the lion guy and told them to "go F themselves" you don't think I'm aware that it's anatomically impossible? I say those things in anger not literally.

I support PETA, Greenpeace, Sea Shepherd Conservation Society ... these folk can do and say some crazy stuff, but their overall message and actions are admirable and make them better humans than I.

PETA's killed way more animals than the hunter ever will, sometimes literally stealing them right from people's porches so they can keep the funding of their kill shelters high.
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/peta-steals-va-family-dog-kills-dad-article-1.2010408

PETA kills 96% of the animals brought to their kill "shelters".

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2979220

Reactions: goldmom
PETA's killed way more animals than the hunter ever will, sometimes literally stealing them right from people's porches so they can keep the funding of their kill shelters high.
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/peta-steals-va-family-dog-kills-dad-article-1.2010408

PETA kills 96% of the animals brought to their kill "shelters".

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2979220

C'mon Tribe ... weak

http://www.whypetaeuthanizes.com/a-...etas-secret-slaughter-of-kittens-puppies.html

... and more weak ...
"While PETA's stance on euthanasia is controversial, we could find little evidence it has been extended to family pets with any frequency. PETA workers were arrested over pet theft incidents in 2007 and 2014, but the intent of the workers in those cases was not sufficiently clear to consider their actions unlawful. Aside from those two incidents, we've found no evidence supporting the claim that PETA regularly takes household pets from their homes and euthanizes them. "
http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/petakillspets.asp

Last edited:
C'mon Tribe ... weak

http://www.whypetaeuthanizes.com/a-...etas-secret-slaughter-of-kittens-puppies.html

... and more weak ...
"While PETA's stance on euthanasia is controversial, we could find little evidence it has been extended to family pets with any frequency. PETA workers were arrested over pet theft incidents in 2007 and 2014, but the intent of the workers in those cases was not sufficiently clear to consider their actions unlawful. Aside from those two incidents, we've found no evidence supporting the claim that PETA regularly takes household pets from their homes and euthanizes them. "
http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/petakillspets.asp

Wait, so you believe PETA's own propaganda attempting to deny that it killed over 100,000 pets in about a decade? What if their own spokesman admitted it publicly BEFORE they tried denying it.

And what about this more recent revelation?

https://mom2nomads.wordpress.com/20...ed-dog-set-me-back-on-my-path-away-from-peta/

Last edited:
Wait, so you believe PETA's own propaganda attempting to deny that it killed over 100,000 pets in about a decade? What if their own spokesman admitted it publicly BEFORE they tried denying it.

No, not denying their euthanasia campaign; the animals they put down is for mostly compassionate reasons. Just have issue with the articles you posted.

I support PETA, Greenpeace, Sea Shepherd Conservation Society ... these folk can do and say some crazy stuff, but their overall message and actions are admirable and make them better humans than I.[/QUOTE]

And all this time I thought they were all nuts.

What a horrible person.

She's a girl, that's challenge enough. Imagine how early she had to get up just to accessorize with her rifle.

Timenole needs to come sit with me in the deer stand and watch me kill a deer or two...Its fun.

Timenole needs to come sit with me in the deer stand and watch me kill a deer or two...Its fun.

Killing a deer for food when it would otherwise be a potential nuisance (I read and believe that there are more deer now than any point in history due to our killing off of predators AND how suburban living actually creates the deer's preferred habitat (lots of open fields with a few hiding spots) is perfectly fine although I'm still pretty negative towards those who just feed I mean "bait" the deer and then blow away animals who have been trained to see humans and the area as food versus actual skilled deerstalking methods such as the tradition Scottish method. Scottish style deer stalking is both sporting, trims nuisance populations and provides food while southern style deer feeding errrrr "baiting" is completely unsporting but at least is still providing something over just petty bloodlust.

BUT killing a threatened if not endangered top predator for "sport" by luring it out of its protected area using food is disgusting. As is this lady pretending her taking down an old giraffe is somehow sporting. Maybe if she stalked it herself rather than hired guides to kill a well known local almost pet.

While I understand the travesty that is sport hunting, I just wish the same outrage was given to other world travesties much more deserving of our rage (IMO, of course).

77374810001_3986641992001_video-still-for-video-3986871691001.jpg

TURKEY%20Migrant_2.jpg

PBA-Picture.gif

While I understand the travesty that is sport hunting, I just wish the same outrage was given to other world travesties much more deserving of our rage (IMO, of course).

TURKEY%20Migrant_2.jpg

PBA-Picture.gif

Agreed on all counts although.....I could have done without seeing an illustration for the barbaric practice that is partial-birth abortion. That is truly a disgusting and inhuman practice.

TURKEY%20Migrant_2.jpg

PBA-Picture.gif

This is the internet there's plenty to get outraged about

Killing a deer for food when it would otherwise be a potential nuisance (I read and believe that there are more deer now than any point in history due to our killing off of predators AND how suburban living actually creates the deer's preferred habitat (lots of open fields with a few hiding spots) is perfectly fine although I'm still pretty negative towards those who just feed I mean "bait" the deer and then blow away animals who have been trained to see humans and the area as food versus actual skilled deerstalking methods such as the tradition Scottish method. Scottish style deer stalking is both sporting, trims nuisance populations and provides food while southern style deer feeding errrrr "baiting" is completely unsporting but at least is still providing something over just petty bloodlust.

BUT killing a threatened if not endangered top predator for "sport" by luring it out of its protected area using food is disgusting. As is this lady pretending her taking down an old giraffe is somehow sporting. Maybe if she stalked it herself rather than hired guides to kill a well known local almost pet.

Exactly.

And thanks for the invite, VirginiaNole...I own quite a few guns and grew up hunting, but the comparison is weak.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT