ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones: Season 7 Finale

Agreed on the above. Finally, some good dialogue and tied the storylines together.

Quick recap:
-Little Finger finally got his. Arya can take his face now, right?
-Bran finally told someone about the true origin of Jon Snow and spelled it out for those who had missed the R+L=J theory. Samwell finally put 2 and 2 together.
-The white walker meeting from last week was a complete bust, but it did finally lead to Jamie beginning his turn against Cersei
-We got some quality Tyrion screentime
-Hound appears to be setting up the Cleganebowl
-Jon Snow still knows nothing. And his brilliant white walker plan now armed the white king with a ridiculously powerful ice dragon (which was awesome by the way).
-The Theon scene and whole angle is wasted screen time IMO, but whatever.
-Jon Snow finally got him some Dany ... right after we are explicitly spelled-out that he and Dany are related ...

Did I miss anything?

Daenerys finally got naked again...about damn time ;)

Did Tormund die at the wall or did he make it out, I couldn't tell?

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Daenerys finally got naked again...about damn time ;)

Did Tormund die at the wall or did he make it out, I couldn't tell?

I'm pretty sure Tormund and Beric survived. They were further to the left of the wall that the zombie dragon took down.

Reactions: fsugrad06
Does anyone know how closely Dany and Jon are related? Cousins, aunt/nephew or half sister/brother? I was particularly surprised HBO went there. So is she going to get pregnant?

The whole Littlefinger story line paid off. Was totally shocked, surprised and pleased how that ended.

Last edited:
Reactions: cmanole
I had really hoped they would tie a bow on the Theon story this episode. With so few episodes next season I feel that is a story that will ultimately take away from the final season.

She is Jon's aunt.

And the Targaryin family is mostly inbred; so it won't bother Dany when she finds out, Jon on the other hand, he might get the hibby jibbies.

I'm curious to see how that goes.

I really expected more characters being killed off. Was the only thing that really disappointed me.

The opening scene when everyone was walking into the meeting gave me perspective that outside of Cersi, everyone pretty much likes one another. The Greyjoy's are trying very hard to be disliked, but it's hard to take them serious.

Little finger is gone, Cersi next. I still haven't forgiven the crazy witch who had the little Baratheon burned, but she does seem to be turning a corner over to the good side.

But yeah...I like everyone who is left, not wanting to see anyone die at this point outside of Greyjoy and Cersi.....that I can think of at least.

And what happened to Lysa's little jack ass son??? Doesn't he take over now that Littlefinger is no mas???

Theon is the new lame Sansa/Arya storyline, hopefully the ending is as good.

When they turned it on Littlefinger, that was great. My wife gave it a fist pump.

Ice Dragon is formidable to say the least. I'm sure it's going to completely destroy things until the inevitable death of it or Ice King.

Poor Jorah getting cock blocked by Jon "you should ride on my boat" Snow. Even worse he gets beat out by her nephew.

They better have a huge stockpile of dragon glass weaponry. If they don't rain dragonglass arrows on the dead mass at the first battle (to thin them out) I'm gonna roll my eyes. They missed their first chance at the wall.

I'm curious if the Great War is going to last most of next season or over in an episode or two. I hope it's sooner than later because a) we know who will win b) want to get back to who gets the iron throne at the end. If they have 5 episodes of snow, then 1 episode to wrap it up I will be greatly dissspointed. I hope ice king goes down no later than season 7 episode 3.

Oh yeah...what was up with Tyrion creeping on Jon and Dany getting it on and then walking off with head down as if someone just took his lunch money????

Were they foreshadowing his betral?

Did Cersi turn him once he found out she was pregnant?

Hmmmmmmm.....

. I still haven't forgiven the crazy witch who had the little Baratheon burned, but she does seem to be turning a corner over to the good side.
She alludes to her own death as well as Lord Varys' death, before she leaves Dragonstone. So there are more high profile deaths to come, clearly.

One sort of funny scene no one has brought up yet...how much wood did Qyburn get when he saw the wight? He was enamored by that thing!

Oh yeah...what was up with Tyrion creeping on Jon and Dany getting it on and then walking off with head down as if someone just took his lunch money????

Were they foreshadowing his betral?

Did Cersi turn him once he found out she was pregnant?

Hmmmmmmm.....

The scene with Tyrion in the hallway was puzzling. I did not consider the idea of him betraying but he was reacting negatively to those two hooking up. He could have come up with the plan with Cersei misleading Jon. But Tyrion knows the army of the dead is coming and splitting up the forces would be foolish. I would assume Cersei blew up all most of the Wildfire and even with a large mercenary army she will be in trouble. Now we know why Bran game Arya the dagger.

The Tyrion scene was definitely a surprise, but I can't see him backing Cersei once Jaime tells him she lied. I don't see where else Jaime would go.

The best plot twist left would be if the Night King leads the army right past Winterfell to Kings Landing first. It seems too obvious that Winterfell is next stop as if we know the Night Kings death priorities.

Im still wondering why Bran says he will be the one to face him though, not John- formerly Snow, Sand, then whatever...

What did Hound mean when he said to Mountain "you know whats coming for you, you've always known?"

I think Tyrion, like Ser Jorah, is just bummed that Jon is hooking up w/Dany, instead of him. I didn't consider that he may be preparing to betray her. Seems really unlikely, IMO.

Reactions: FSUBigALNoles#1
They turned Littlefinger into a little bitch and completely ruined his character and storyline. Felt like they just gave up and had him killed cause they didnt really know what to do with him.
I actually thought he had a better than average chance of ending up on the Iron Throne. Shows you what I knew.

Reactions: HulaNole
Ah good point on Tyrion perhaps falling for Daenerys too, that makes more sense.

The Baelish story annoyed me this year but im satisfied with the conclusion.

How Theons journey will be relevant to the big picture is beyond me. I don't care about them.

Reactions: LesClaypool
He theon scene on the beach was so dumb.

I can't wait to see the gifs of him being kneed in the....crotch.

The Theon scene to me is actually pretty important, because of the revelation that Euron wasn't heading back to the Iron Isles.

My theory is that, in an attempt to recue Yara, he discovers what his uncle was really doing and gets word back to Dany/Jon about the Golden Company and that Cersei betrayed the truce. Whether this happens as the White Walkers are still in the picture, or just after that final battle is done, I can't tell. It would be a great mechanic to split Dany/Jon forces and also split the two dragons remaining for the good guys.

The Theon scene to me is actually pretty important, because of the revelation that Euron wasn't heading back to the Iron Isles.

My theory is that, in an attempt to recue Yara, he discovers what his uncle was really doing and gets word back to Dany/Jon about the Golden Company and that Cersei betrayed the truce. Whether this happens as the White Walkers are still in the picture, or just after that final battle is done, I can't tell. It would be a great mechanic to split Dany/Jon forces and also split the two dragons remaining for the good guys.

That was revelation was during the Jamie and Cersei scene wasn't it???

The Theon scene with Jon was more important than the beach scene when Jon told him he is both Greyjoy and Stark which is how Jon will have to rationalize next year when he finds out he is Aegon Targaryen.

I understand the scene discussing the Golden Company because of what took place earlier this season with the Iron Bank but the way it was handled in the Episode was my only issue with the finale. Cersei was FREAKED OUT when the wight was charging at her. For it to go from that moment to be Euron's key to sail off to get the Golden Company was far fetched.

Of course. I'm pretty sure they're setting up that Jaime will have to take out Cersei.

Think they show the scene again with Maggy the Frog reading Cersei's future but add in the final part about the valenqor? Saw where last night someone thought that was why they showed Jaime's hand on the scene with him leaving King's Landing and also why the show dressed Cersei with the high necked costumes this year to draw the viewer's eyes to her neck.

I was happy with the finale. I was worried after the last 2 episodes.

The Dragon and the Wolf!! This entire story of The Song of Ice and Fire it's about Jon. Getting the confirmation (even though we knew) of the love and wedding of Rhaegar and Lyanna was great. A little disappointed in the name Aegon, but after watching Talk the Thrones this morning, I guess it makes since.

I did not mind the Theon/Jon scene. I thought it completed his story/arc. A lot of talk of fathers and being part of two families. But then it continued on the beach. NO ONE LIKES OR CARES ABOUT THE GREYJOYS!!

I still don't get the summoning of Sansa to KL. Jon was already going there and he is the King in the North. I guess it was only so Brienne and The Hound could reminince about Arya.

Good to have some great Lannister dialog again. I never thought Cersei would help in the Great War. And seeing Jaime had enough was satisfying. Winter has come to the South!

Littlefinger's death was probably the most satisfying of the series. His face when Sansa said his name was amazing. Bran finally using his powers for good. Saying out loud that he was responsible for all of this was great. I still don't like the lead up though.

I think that is it. And it sucks that we have to wait until 2019 for season 8. Or at least that is the rumor. I need Winds of Winter released.

Good episode.

I like the Littlefinger character, but he's obviously got nothing good to offer the end of the story, if this Sansa/Arya/Littlefinger arc is the best they could do. So while the ending doesn't redeem that story arc, I'm glad they wrapped it up cleanly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT