ADVERTISEMENT

Glad Norvell is our coach

If anyone genuinely wants to discuss the issue in a sincere way with the genuine design to understand it better, feel free to message me, and I will try my best.

And the answer from one side is to take funding away. Makes sense
No, thats not the answer. And the lazy come back is, " the other side wants to defund the police." No, perhaps take some funding and dedicate it to training. Also psychological evaluations before hiring. Recruit more minorities, and have them assigned to areas with higher populations of African Americans. Establish community liaisons to connect with the citizens in those areas.

Perhaps do something than simply say, "we support the boys and blue." What if we said, "we support the boys in blue, but we're going to get them the training they need to be successful."

Everyone knows we need police, but when a system is fundamentally broken, and cops are popping dudes because they lack the proper training, there are things you can do to improve it. You dont just have to say, "stop resising" to cover up their deficiencies.

No, thats not the answer. And the lazy come back is, " the other side wants to defund the police." No, perhaps take some funding and dedicate it to training. Also psychological evaluations before hiring. Recruit more minorities, and have them assigned to areas with higher populations of African Americans. Establish community liaisons to connect with the citizens in those areas.

Perhaps do something than simply say, "we support the boys and blue." What if we said, "we support the boys in blue, but we're going to get them the training they need to be successful."

Everyone knows we need police, but when a system is fundamentally broken, and cops are popping dudes because they lack the proper training, there are things you can do to improve it. You dont just have to say, "stop resising" to cover up their deficiencies.
100% Agree my comment was sarcastic which you pointed out how ridiculous that 1 side is thank you

:eek::eek:

Statistically speaking white and black officers are slightly over represented in the police force.

tenor.gif

proceed

Just make it stop already. Maybe someone can suggest a solution or try to have discourse that is civil and not just screaming. Here is a starter, maybe stop calling everyone a racist when you don't know them.

you can judge them by what they say. From what I read in an early post it is not hard to tell who’s racist. Thing is if you are out at a bar and you hear a friend say a racist remark, it’s your responsibility to set that person straight, call them out, because if you let it slide you become just as guilty. White senior who supports CMN’s statement and BLM.

I've been waiting for a response all day. Looks like they don't want to discuss actual facts

If we can get around the difficulties of the virus it appears football is only a couple of weeks away. Why don’t we discuss the upcoming season and some football?

There are plenty of other places where you guys can solve world problems.

Reactions: phsu
All of the recent police involved shootings were justified.. Rather then resisting, with a weapon, maybe they should have just complied. If the police violated their constitutional right, the victim would have there day in court. Screaming BLM instead of all lives matter solves nothing. Going out into the community, speaking with local law enforcement about change is the right thing to do. But Instead, BLM is going out in the street, rioting and hurting innocent people and their livelihood. It’s embarrassing and makes the matter worse.

None of the shootings have been justified. And you don’t shoot people in the back. It’s UNAMERICAN.

Reactions: leroy72 and jy2581
If black lives matters really cared, explain Chicago? That’s what I thought, crickets! The senseless killings every week by the dozens doesn’t help the agenda, so we won’t talk about that. Maybe the discussion should be blacks killing blacks at an alarming rate and try and address that. I guess that’s not news worthy. Doesn’t fit the narrative I guess.
Idiotic post. 85% of the white people killed are killed by other white people. There’s more than one problem, deflecting to another problem is just that, a deflection. This type of thinking is a huge hurdle in overcoming this mess.

Reactions: leroy72
you can judge them by what they say. From what I read in an early post it is not hard to tell who’s racist. Thing is if you are out at a bar and you hear a friend say a racist remark, it’s your responsibility to set that person straight, call them out, because if you let it slide you become just as guilty. White senior who supports CMN’s statement and BLM.

You set all people being racist straight, correct?

how do you know they are poorly trained?
Is shooting someone in the back standard operating procedure? Maybe wait until they at least turn around and display a weapon?

Or if you have three officers, and have someone handcuffed, maybe you dont need to kneel on their neck for 8 minutes? Maybe just get him off the geound and toss him in the cop car?

BLM the organization is Marxist and is not out for the betterment of African Americans. Why can’t all lives matter? The Golden Rule.
All lives can’t matter until black lives matter. The phrase should actually be Black Lives Matter too....White Lives already matter, as they should, we’re all humans, but black lives should matter as well. Go figure.

Explain. I'm not looking to argue and want an honest conversation. Change my mind, support your statements with facts, as will I, and maybe we can get somewhere.

smelson3 how many white men have been shot in the back in the last 3 months by men in blue. None that I’ve heard of. If the police are making an arrest fine, but that recording best be playing. I’ve not seen any of these black men or women struggle or resist.

And you don’t shoot people in the back.

systemic racism is so ingrained in white culture, let me give you an example: I was leaving work and a friend noticed one of my headlights was out. There were six in our group all black except me. Asked if I needed a ride home and just leave the car at work. My reply was “no, I only live a few miles away, and if I get pulled I can talk my way out of the ticket.” Suddenly I saw disbelief in all around me and realized I was using my White privilege, I apologized and that was it, but at the same time realized something so simple Was systemic racism.

That is a very subtle example, I don’t expect many here to understand.

Here is the best example I’ve heard on saying All LivesMatter to someone talking about BLM:

Person 1: My mother just died.
Person 2: Everyone’s mother dies.

While the response may be true, it does not by any means, show understanding or empathy towards the other person. It makes you sound like an a__hole.

Does that help?

Is shooting someone in the back standard operating procedure? Maybe wait until they at least turn around and display a weapon?

Or if you have three officers, and have someone handcuffed, maybe you dont need to kneel on their neck for 8 minutes? Maybe just get him off the geound and toss him in the cop car?
hahaha....i hope you are never in that position to have to make that decision. but you are making a blanket statement based on a handful of incidents which is super dumb.

smelson3 how many white men have been shot in the back in the last 3 months by men in blue. None that I’ve heard of. If the police are making an arrest fine, but that recording best be playing. I’ve not seen any of these black men or women struggle or resist.

And you don’t shoot people in the back.

systemic racism is so ingrained in white culture, let me give you an example: I was leaving work and a friend noticed one of my headlights was out. There were six in our group all black except me. Asked if I needed a ride home and just leave the car at work. My reply was “no, I only live a few miles away, and if I get pulled I can talk my way out of the ticket.” Suddenly I saw disbelief in all around me and realized I was using my White privilege, I apologized and that was it, but at the same time realized something so simple Was systemic racism.

That is a very subtle example, I don’t expect many here to understand.

Here is the best example I’ve heard on saying All LivesMatter to someone talking about BLM:

Person 1: My mother just died.
Person 2: Everyone’s mother dies.

While the response may be true, it does not by any means, show understanding or empathy towards the other person. It makes you sound like an a__hole.

Does that help?
laughable

Maybe because they had their cameras off. That was Kenosha the last shooting.

If you are going to state your case, which is 100% your right, you should at least be correct when making your statement. Kenosha police do not have body cams. You are making very definitive statements that are not only not true, but don't even exist.

I cannot give validity to a stance that is either poorly researched or intentionally malicious in it's intent to deceive.

If you are going to state your case, which is 100% your right, you should at least be correct when making your statement. Kenosha police do not have body cams. You are making very definitive statements that are not only not true, but don't even exist.

I cannot give validity to a stance that is either poorly researched or intentionally malicious in it's intent to deceive.

Guess that is one of the improvements they need to make. It was filmed. I watched it. Guess it from a concerned citizen. 100%sure.

Guess that is one of the improvements they need to make. It was filmed. I watched it. Guess it from a concerned citizen. 100%sure.

There are multiple recordings from more than one angle. All police should have body cams, but the way you are presenting this case is very minimalistic with many holes.

Present things as they are and let people decide where they stand.

Theyre not all justified. The recent one where they shot the guy in the back as an example. Even if he had a knife, check out how the police in the UK handled this situation of someone armed with a large knife:

In the video they end up with nearly 20 officers taking the guy down with no crowd around inciting the victim. Blake was tased 2X, had a knife in his hand and had threatened to kill the officers. In case you don't know a knife in close quarters is as deadly if not more deadly then gun to an officer wearing a vest. The vest will stop a bullet but will not slow a knife down. A felon with warrants against him in the act of committing another crime, then refusing the officers commands and threatening to kill them, what did he really think was going to happen?

Reactions: F4Gary
I wish we could have a convo without screaming. I’ve made the statement that i whole heartedly agree with the phrase blm but that I disagree with much of what the organization stands for which you can easily find on their website (and also happens to be where everyone’s sending their financial support to), but the response i have gotten is that I’m a racist. Logic and common sense says I can agree with the sentiment blm but disagree with their bullet points, most of which have nothing to do with black people. It’s crazy. If you look at the website it’s like the stimulus bill that the govts trying to agree on. The title is good but much of the behind the scenes substance has ZERO to do with the actual primary purpose.
I agree with black lives matter but the organization has some radical ideas i do not agree with. Our country has made great progress in race relations but a spokesman for blm says I am all in or all out.

Blanket statement...”you’re the problem”

GTFO with that garbage. Everything that #BLM doesn’t agree with automatically gets labeled as racist.

Just another reason regular folks don’t give that word the time of day now.

didn’t get a straw at the window...white woman at the window was racist.

Frankly, I just can’t imagine rooting for these guys on Saturdays, but then abandon them the rest of the week. And I find amusing how many obviously white guys, think they know they should act. Really? They are attending classes, practicing, in the middle of social unrest and a pandemic, they have become a force for social change, whether you think it is a problem or not, they do.
So I am with these guys, I am proud of them. And especially Norvell for stepping up. He is a leader of men. And this conversation unfortunately has to be relegated to this forum. That is a shame. These are our guys, our coaches, our team, I am with them. #blm

Reactions: DesotoNole95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT