ADVERTISEMENT

Golf in Boston???

cornnoleio11

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Feb 28, 2007
St. John's, FL
Going to be in Boston for the BC game Thursday through the following Tuesday. Is it worth bringing my clubs? I know the weather that time of year should be perfect just wandering if anyone has played there.

Going to be in Boston for the BC game Thursday through the following Tuesday. Is it worth bringing my clubs? I know the weather that time of year should be perfect just wandering if anyone has played there.
I don't golf, but a vendor I work with a lot is in the area and is an avid golfer. I can ask him if you want.

Bring lots of balls. You will lose them in the leaves.

Granite Links is considered the top course in the area by most, it's right in the metro area. I live and play west of the city, and I prefer Blackstone National and Cyprian Keyes. Stowe is the golf area of the state, about 45 minutes outside of the city, there are plenty of choices there. Brook Meadow in Canton about 20 minutes south of the city is a nice course as well. There are plenty more, but these are the ones I play personally.

If you want to expand to Rhode Island and Connecticut, Newport National and CT National are great courses as well within a reasonable driving distance.

Granite Links is considered the top course in the area by most, it's right in the metro area. I live and play west of the city, and I prefer Blackstone National and Cyprian Keyes. Stowe is the golf area of the state, about 45 minutes outside of the city, there are plenty of choices there. Brook Meadow in Canton about 20 minutes south of the city is a nice course as well. There are plenty more, but these are the ones I play personally.

If you want to expand to Rhode Island and Connecticut, Newport National and CT National are great courses as well within a reasonable driving distance.

I have played a few times when I have visited the area. I liked Granite Links. Beautiful views as it is up above almost everything. If you want to drive, Pine Hills in Plymouth is about an hour outside the city. Very nice track. I would definitely recommend it and they have (2) courses. I also played in Connecticut, but don't remember the name of course. And of course if you really want to head out of the city, The Mohegan Sun and its golf course, which is pretty nice, is about 1 h 45 min outside the city.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT