ADVERTISEMENT

Hard Knocks Tonight

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
or, what should more appropriately be labeled: The JJ Watt Show. The NFL loves them some white players.

One of my favorite shows, which is sort of weird, because I'm not a huge NFL guy.

It's their understanding of the fundamentals, their grit and determination, their high motor, their coachability, their workmanlike attitude, and lots of other intangibles that don't show up in a box score.

I think being the son of a coach helps too when you're a white nfl player.

To be fair JJ Watt is as dominating of a DL as I can remember in a long time, but I had a feeling this Hard Knocks would be his own personal infomercial.

They're doing their best to highlight Hopkins, I'm sure it helps the racial bias stated above when the #1 receiver is picking a fight with Deangelo Hall (when will he retire?) in the very first episode.

Is it just me, or does O'Brian try to hard to fit his f-bombs in to every damn sentence?

He also just picked up a new endorsement deal with Lowe's ... something about customized delivery any way you want it.

I think that Hard Knocks should had gone Joe Espisito during the JJ Watt training montage. To be fair, he lives not too far from me and is a really nice guy. He actually goes to Friday Night Lights for some of the high school games. I was funny sitting in the stands for Pearland v. Dawson and seeing Watt up in the corner.

I had the exact same reaction that Bill O'Brien had when I got the breaking news alert on my phone that Arian Foster tore his groin muscle.

To be fair JJ Watt is as dominating of a DL as I can remember in a long time, but I had a feeling this Hard Knocks would be his own personal infomercial.

He's the best defensive player in the NFL. Vince Wilfork and Kevin Johnson both got the Hard Knocks favorable treatment, as well -- lots of praise from coaches and owners and family time coverage.

Was actually surprised there wasn't any coverage of Clowney's rehab since they're targeting 8/17 for him to start practicing, but I'm sure that will be shown in future episodes. Also, it was funny that the bat colony in Houston got more coverage in the first 30 minutes than the starting QB battle did.

Reactions: HulaNole
The Nfl loves them some stars.

Watt is riveting and best player in the nfl.
Other great stories have been Chad Johnson, aaron Maybin, tannehill, cromartie, rex ryan and herm edwards, etc... Good tv is good tv dont overthink it.

I don't think so. Were you watching on some preview channel and not the real HBO? The rest of us heard an eff-bomb every 12 seconds.
Yeh maybe I'm in bizzarro world. Well......I know that to be true but as for the show I had recorded it off of the next day replay that aired at like 4pm so maybe they do a censored one for the kiddies. My only guess.

I had the exact same reaction that Bill O'Brien had when I got the breaking news alert on my phone that Arian Foster tore his groin muscle.
When they said that his brother was acting as his trainer, I immediately saw some foreshadowing. Maybe he's a great trainer, but you see problems with those situations quite a bit.

Other highlights:

• #1 pick getting air time due to hot sister.
  • Hopkins vs. Hall is going viral - do they play each other this season?
  • Three days of co-practices is too many - the brawl was inevitable. Especially with HBO on hand.
  • The taxicab scene was weirdly awkward. Tried to make it seem like a normal conversation when you know there's a cameraman sitting in there too. I wonder what footage didn't make the cut to allow this scene?

I never heard of Kevin Johnson, looked him up and saw he played at WF? We played that guy like 3-4 times and I never heard of him, thought that was weird.

He's pretty small. But seems to be playing very well. I hope D. Hopkins has a break out year, even with the QBs that are throwing to him. Frankly, I just want the Texans to win in Indy for the first time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT