ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone found FSU sports using Fire Stick?

I may have purchased the wrong type of "stick"

20150909100536_oem_selfie_stick_bluetooth_combo_red.jpeg

Have you seen the live camera feeds available through Navi X. There is one of the Welcome to Vegas sign. And even one to the Cat's Meow Karaoke bar in New Orleans. Lots of stuff available.

I have had some buffering especially when playing a high def movie stream. Through Genesis you have the option to download it and then once finished can go back and watch it to resolve. Then just delete it after watching so your memory isnt killed. Well I have enough to do it on my fire TV anyways not sure if you would have 1.5 GB to 2.0 GB or more available on the fire stick.

Yes Fire TV is much better. I actually prefer Raspberry Pi for the extra USB ports they provide which allows you to plug your own ipad, etc in to watch those movies. Sometimes I hit a buffering problem depending on the stream being used. Have not experienced problems through Phoenix add-ons yet. Although buffering could be a problem on your ISP obviously. That's one problem with Kodi. If your watching a FSU game you don't want the wife or kids using the internet to watch videos or play games that may slow up your stream.

Interesting thread. I loaded Kodi to my FireStick but have to go thru explorer every time to launch it. Is there some way to add it as a favorite or get it to show up under recents tab?

At least we know you are not a Mormon or ISIS sympathizer.
I think you still don't understand. You may want to re-read my explanation. Slowly.

One more try:

"Illegal" and "immoral" are two different ways to determine right and wrong. They are both valuable. They sometimes overlap. But they are completely different ways to make a judgment.

Another way to determine right and wrong is "Did it work?" This is pragmatism. As in, "If it didn't work, it was obviously wrong. If it works, it's right." Lots of things are judged to be "right" or "wrong" in this manner. Another way to determine right and wrong is giving your best effort. As in, "Hey, you lost, but you gave it your best effort. You played the game the right way."

Take recruiting. Would you say Jimbo was "recruiting right" if he had 5 consecutive classes outside of the top 10? What if he was recruiting legally? What if he was recruiting morally? Would you say, "We got a great recruiting class from a legal standpoint?" Or, "We won a lot of games from a moral standpoint?"

It's great to give your best effort. You are doing the right thing.
It's great to get successful results. You are doing the right thing.
It's great to do things legally.
It's great to do things morally.
They are all valuable ways to judge right and wrong, but they are different ways to judge.

Interesting thread. I loaded Kodi to my FireStick but have to go thru explorer every time to launch it. Is there some way to add it as a favorite or get it to show up under recents tab?
If you also load firestarter, there are settings on it that you can program the remote to kaunch Kodi by double clicking the home button on your remote.

Reactions: BelemNole
There is a showbox addon to Kodi which allows for the fire tv remote to work on it rather than having to install an app on your phone to control showbox as a standalone app. And some of the add ons in Kodi will have the movie available before it is even released to theaters especially at the end of the year when people get early DVDs to vote on awards and they share them. And of course some are on release day with some bad quality of someone actually going into a theater and using a camcorder to record the screen. The Revenant and the Hateful eight are 2 that I saw was available before in theaters in DVD quality. A few others to that I don't recall. Some of the TV show episodes also will be available before they show on TV. Doesn't happen often but does sometimes.

I don't use an ap for the remote.

Got Kodi loaded on Firestick tonight, added the Phoenix plug in, yeah it has all the movies but everyone I watched has Chinese subtitles, Black Mass, Revenant, couple more. Any better add ons out there that will show a movie without subtitles?

Turn off subtitles on the Kodi menu. It's the crossed out speaker icon. Do some quick google searches on the best add-ons. There are far too many to list here. Some of my personal favorites are 1Channel (Prime Wire) and SALTS (Stream All Sources) which are part of the tknorris Release Repository among others. If you wired into TVAddons.ag these should be on there.

Bonecrusher, which is part of the Phoenix addon, lists every movie ever made back to like 2010 I think? All in nice chronological oder and in full High Def.

Last edited:
Reactions: rjw615
What is this sorcery? I'm gonna research this. Honestly the only reason I have direct tv is for nick jr and college sports. The rest of the time we're on netflix, and youtube

Reactions: shadow_nole
I'm betting the average twenty year old doesn't know what open source means. That's said, what ever happened to Popcorn Time....
Agree. There is probably a sweet spot of people who grew up in the early days of computing when you had to figure a lot of stuff on your own. Remember the days before plug n play? Anyone remember dealing with IRQ or port conflicts? I sure wouldn't want to deal with that now.

Then again, people who were doing that weren't your average 20 year old then either. AND, there are plenty of younger folks today who have embraced tinkering with the newer tech and would make me look like a babbling idiot.

hopefully that made sense. I bet I retyped it 4 times.

Yes. It's that easy. Make YouTube your friend. They explain it better than I could on a forum. They even have pictures, lol. Just ask YouTube "how to install kodi on my fire stick"
HOW TO INSTALL KODI ON MY FIRE STICK

Then type in HOW TO USE KODI when you're ready. This will show you how to download add-ons.

Is it illegal?...I would suggest you investigate and research those details on your own. The short answer is yes of course for some content...that is if they actually had a US law in place for this process. The differences between streaming and downloading have not been put in place. In due time I suppose. But this technology has been in full affect now for 7 years dating back to Xbox (which is where Kodi XBMC technology derived). READ is the best advice I have. Lots of forums that discuss the legality. Lots of different opinions on the topic pro and con from professionals and legal experts. This is not the same tech as bit torrent downloading and this is more an international process for the time being, which makes this a very complex subject. Is it morally wrong? I would say yes. If that part bothers you, then I would suggest using Amazon Fire Stick in limited capacity. There are some subscription based products that run like $5 to $7 per month. But that represents about 5% of the channel streams. I would also add that YouTube is every bit as illegal as Kodi XBMC on Fire Stick. Watching Pink Floyd The Wall full concert from London in HD on YouTube is definitely not a legal concept nor are the Bing Crosby Christmas specials, etc., etc., etc. Buy the DVD is you are morally bothered by it.

Me personally, I subscribe to Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, CBS All-Access and about 10 others for a nominal monthly free. They all have the the same type of movie database which is quite extensive for the $5 or so per month. I support what those corporate visionaries are trying to do legally at a fraction of the cost of cable/satellite.
This would not work however would it for when you go tailgate or camping?? As I'm assuming you need Wi-Fi in order to get this shows. I guess you could run it off your data phone for a little bit at a time but not for long term with it it would eat your data alive. Is this correct or is there another way around it which I don't guess there is for when you're not at home and don't want to use your phone for the entire data.

Got Kodi loaded on Firestick tonight, added the Phoenix plug in, yeah it has all the movies but everyone I watched has Chinese subtitles, Black Mass, Revenant, couple more. Any better add ons out there that will show a movie without subtitles?

What I found frustrating is you have 30-50+ links to each movie and most/almost all are in Chinese and not in HD. You have to sit there 30-45 minutes and click on link after link to watch one move that looks like crap on a HD tv.

Last edited:
Exodus is another app on Kodi that will have all the movies and TV shows. In theater movies usually take a while to get a good quality stream though there are exceptions. Usually within a few weeks you can watch a movie. Any TV show is usually going to have a HD quality stream the next day.

As far as your TV, it just connects to your HDMI so you can either move it around, or get a couple of the firesticks with Kodi on it.

There are thousands of apps you can download from the traditional ones most will want for movies and TV, to Sports Devil where you can watch most live and previously recorded sporting events, and so on and so on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT