ADVERTISEMENT

HBO Hard Knocks- Tampa Bucs

PoopandBoogers

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Starts tonight. Jameis with a new crew on O, kicking battle with Aguayo and Folk among other things to watch, and Im a Bucs fan, so pretty pumped. And you know Jameis is good for some bytes and gonna make us laugh and cringe (probably simultaneously).

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Starts tonight. Jameis with a new crew on O, kicking battle with Aguayo and Folk among other things to watch, and Im a Bucs fan, so pretty pumped. And you know Jameis is good for some bytes and gonna make us laugh and cringe (probably simultaneously).

Nice...looking forward to watching!

Hope they give Javion some face time.

Hope Aguyao makes the cut

Last edited:
First off Jameis, you need to go buy your momma a new house...holy shiiii son, what are you waiting on!?! Freaking cock roaches reproducticing right in front of you and you don't even step on him...thats just nasty!

All in all Good episode, lots of jameis going on. I hope he can get out of his own head and play smart ball this season. there definitely isn't a lack of dedication. But I'm not so sure about his confidence based on the episode.

Was anyone a little shocked when he said sometimes he doesn't even know the down and distance...kind of took me by surprise, but maybe that's normal for QBs???

On a related topic, I saw some ESPN fluff piece on Jameis last night. He was touted as one of the elite young players in the NFL, and praised for all of his team leadership, etc. It struck me how the narrative about this young man has so dramatically changed. Obviously, that is great, but I can't help but think that NFL and Buccaneer influence basically made it happen. The substance of "media" reports is heavily impacted by $$ and business considerations.

Last edited:
Is anybody watching it on the HBOgo app? I tried to find it this morning and none of the Hard Knocks episodes are listed.

Reactions: peezy28
Was anyone a little shocked when he said sometimes he doesn't even know the down and distance...kind of took me by surprise, but maybe that's normal for QBs???

Considering there are clear viable markers and giant score boards I call bs on that. That sound like he is going off script from some stupid reality writer.

conti3_7712674_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Is anybody watching it on the HBOgo app? I tried to find it this morning and none of the Hard Knocks episodes are listed.
Its on there now, just have to look for it under the search icon. Was pissed last night cause I wasnt home and I couldnt find it on the app. A google search brought up a bunch of real time tweets of people asking and complaining about it not showing up. I hope that its not always the case. One article I found called it the best hard knocks episode ever and Im rechecking hbo go app every other minute fuming. What I gathered is that hbo will show it the next morning, but im unsure if it will be like that every week or not.

Reactions: peezy28
Its on there now, just have to look for it under the search icon. Was pissed last night cause I wasnt home and I couldnt find it on the app. A google search brought up a bunch of real time tweets of people asking and complaining about it not showing up. I hope that its not always the case. One article I found called it the best hard knocks episode ever and Im rechecking hbo go app every other minute fuming. What I gathered is that hbo will show it the next morning, but im unsure if it will be like that every week or not.
I read 10am the next morning. With enough upset subscribers, that may change.

Re: the down and distance, he said that it was in practice that he didn't look to the sidelines to pick up the markers. Told Dirk that he's used to having him tell him in the headset "okay, you'e got 3rd and 6..." before he goes in to the play call.

Based on the inaccuracy toward the end, I'm curious how much work was put in during OTAs and mini-camps to get acclimated with his new toys on offense. Evans and Brate are pretty much the only two of his useful weapons that he's used to, yeah?

Feels like they're forcing the Riley Bullough storyline on us tbh. With the Falcons version, they kind of showed the two rookie LBs doing their thing on the field and lead in to backstories and just followed them thru camp. This dude though, it's very much in your face about how he's an underdog and we should be rooting for him.

Jamies's house growing up in with 3 to a bed, having to pee outside right where they had to drink from the spigot, and the roaches laying eggs right as Jameis is talking to the camera was eye opening.

Did anyone else see Brad Johnson sitting behind Gruden during the ring of honor speech?

Watching McCoy and the rest of the team (along with the fans and hotel staff) idolize and respect Jameis was great to see and shows how the media can make or break public perception.

Funny seeing the coaches at the Press Box drinking beer, had a few there myself from time to time and recognized the inside instantly.

Supposedly the Bucs have been the favorite team the hbo crew has worked with. Welcomed them with open arms and have been fun and great to be around. Most teams give them a cold shoulder and treat them as a major annoyance. Bucs see this as an fantastic opportunity and so far it has been.

Funny to see that Mcnichol's old coach was Snoop and calling the rookie up, giving him advice on his responsibilites.

Hope "Joe Dirt" makes the team. Every team needs a leader like that. I think/hope Derwin is like that guy for FSUs D.

Was pretty great seeing Jameis get into the gym while still dark and everyone else still in bed.

Lol at the game fof thrones talk at the end.

Great show.

First time watching the show. I enjoyed it. But probably because it was about my team!
Youve missed out. Routinely one of the best produced shows on tv. The season in Atl showing Devonta Freeman's rookie season was great and make me like him even more with how humble and honored he was. He was so excited and appreciative when looking at his first house and it was just your basic, small 1 bedroom apt. It was real eye opening to see what he thought was living the dream compared to the next shot of his veteran teammates mansions and luxury cars.

Youve missed out. Routinely one of the best produced shows on tv. The season in Atl showing Devonta Freeman's rookie season was great and make me like him even more with how humble and honored he was. He was so excited and appreciative when looking at his first house and it was just your basic, small 1 bedroom apt. It was real eye opening to see what he thought was living the dream compared to the next shot of his veteran teammates mansions and luxury cars.

Speaking of Devonte, he just became the highest paid running back in the NFL...super happy for that guy, very well deserved!

Devo getting his first pedicure is probably my favorite scene of all these things. Dude could NOT stop laughing and getting tickled.

Agree though on the humble aspect. He was legit thrilled to have a bathtub he fit in.

First time watching the show. I enjoyed it. But probably because it was about my team!

It's a pretty good show regardless. I really enjoyed the Falcons season because of all the focus on Devonta Freeman. Good head on his shoulders, that one.

The Jameis stuff was eye-opening and probably something that most folks would be embarrassed of. Jameis is proud of his home town, his family, and where he was grew up. That's a pretty rare trait to see people be proud of being poor even after they make it. Many athletes make the mistake of trying to abandon that life and play keeping up with the Joneses, which can get them in trouble.

You can take the boy out of the country ...

Oops, I must have taken too long to post mine as this message hadn't popped up yet. And yes, I agree with all that 100%.

Devonta was very reasonable with his money, minimal spending, super polite and courteous. Hope he becomes our next Warrick Dunn, he's certainly well on his way both on and off the field. Very proud of what he's made of himself.

Why hasn't he fixed the place up, all they showed was a new smoker.

I don't get it, I thought that was the drive.

That was a palace compared to where some people live. Had a yard. Electricity. Running water. A roof. No dirt floor. More than three walls.

Ah....would hate to see 'aunties' prior place if that's a step up.
I coached football with a guy last season that seemed to have his crap together. Drove a pretty new Tahoe, had a job and his wife had a job. Their house was a dumpster fire. No AC (this was August in Tallahassee), trash everywhere, cabinets falling off the walls. trashed vehicles in the yard. Garage doors missing with garbage piled in the garage to the ceiling.

Priorities of some people are strange. There is no way I'd be volunteering my time to coach football if my house needed that much attention.

Reactions: DanC78
I coached football with a guy last season that seemed to have his crap together. Drove a pretty new Tahoe, had a job and his wife had a job. Their house was a dumpster fire. No AC (this was August in Tallahassee), trash everywhere, cabinets falling off the walls. trashed vehicles in the yard. Garage doors missing with garbage piled in the garage to the ceiling.

Priorities of some people are strange. There is no way I'd be volunteering my time to coach football if my house needed that much attention.

And the Tahoe part...maybe downsize the vehicle and invest a little more cash in to the home....just a thought

Very happy for Freeman, it is well-deserves. Not bad for the guy who everyone thought we signed to be Wilder's backup.

I remember him on the first episode of hard knock; he was looking at apartments. He was so happy and impressed with the size of the bathtub and I believe closet. Talked about how he could push ups in it or something like that.

Would be worth finding online to watch.

I remember him on the first episode of hard knock; he was looking at apartments. He was so happy and impressed with the size of the bathtub and I believe closet. Talked about how he could push ups in it or something like that.

Would be worth finding online to watch.

I seemed to remember it being the walk-in closet. It was a cool moment.

Reactions: DanC78
Well Aguayo missed a 47 yarder and an XP I believe. He's not helping himself.

Setup on the right hash for the XP and doinked the right upright.
47yd FG was setup at the end of the game. Game wasn't on the line, just his future. Plenty of distance, but to the right.
RA was 22 of 31 his rookie year.
Janikowsi was 22 of 32

I wasn't going to watch it. Haven't followed the NFL for several years but I did see part of the Ram's season. Moral objections about NFL's position on CTE, etc. But flipped the TV on and it was on last night so just had it on in the background. Found I was listening more and more. JW showing how much of a class act he is. Cheering for the rookies singing, the way he spoke to all the kids. Guess I will have to watch it. Even the coaches talking about the construction guys on the roof was amusing.

Freshman year RA was automatic, dead balls center on virtually everything he kicked.
Soph. year, slightly less accurate and got worse as the year progressed..
Jr. year, less accurate and barely made several fg's...
1st year in the NFL his downward spiral continued as he only made 71% of his fg's
2nd yr. cut in the pre-season...
Not sure how a guy so automatic as a freshman, digressed every year since then..

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT