ADVERTISEMENT

Hulu/YouTube/Sling TV

I have Sling TV. There is a Blue package & a Orange package.

Everything else in your post is pretty accurate I am sure... however after this sentence I stopped paying attention. :mad:. Same thing if they were orange and green packages and now orange and purple packages. Just can't do it... ;)

I am extreme I know and drive my kids crazy that I won't buy gatorade.

Hulu and YouTube TV are basically the same thing, relatively the same format. I use Hulu because they offer History and YouTube doesn't. Otherwise, they're the same.

I'd assume Sling is similar if you get their biggest deal.

Reactions: BriSape23
I switched to YTTV about 6 months ago. Am. Happy, but I think the channel guide blows; the searchiin the guide is 'meh'. The parental controls are terrible. Some aspects of the dvr are annoying but not a game changer.

No NFLN or Weather Channel or Bay News 9 (we're in Tampa, and BN9 is the local all news channel).

And YTTV is a massive upgrade over the spectrum cable service and unreliable dvr that we had. Can't imagine going back.

i have You Tube TV using Roku I dont like Hulu Live. I always have Amazon Prime and switch out movie channels. Right now I have HBO Max on, I will rotate that with HULU and Netflix, try to only pay for one at a time. With YTTV, a movie channel and rent any movie I want I still keep it under $100 a month.

Hulu has the package deal with Disney+ and ESPN. So you can get all three for a discount. If you have kids it is great and the ACC network comes with HULU.

I tried a few others, but family really likes Disney+ and I have enjoyed having access to ESPN archive.
I have that and the ACC Network absolutely does not come with it.

Everything else in your post is pretty accurate I am sure... however after this sentence I stopped paying attention. :mad:. Same thing if they were orange and green packages and now orange and purple packages. Just can't do it... ;)

I am extreme I know and drive my kids crazy that I won't buy gatorade.
Lmao. I never thought about it like that. I get the Gatorade thing tho. POWERADE 4 LIFE!

YTTV seems to run better in my Roku than Hulu. Hulu will lose connection several times an evening and don't recall YTTV doing it once.

Been out of the streaming tv mix for a while, but I tried most of them out and found YTTV to be the best. Had it for quite a while and it was great. I guess they raised the price quite a bit, which is a bummer. I paid $45 and thought it was a great value. You get to use it on six devices with a single subscription, unlimited dvr, all locals, pretty much every sports network I cared about, including ACC Network. I'm sure it's missing some individual channels that are deal-breakers for some. I think Hulu was the only one I never tried, but for me the deal-breaker was no AMC. Maybe they have it now.

do you have hulu or hulu + live tv? you can only watch the ACCN on hulu + live tv.
Okay that is why. I do not have the hulu+ live tv. I am stuck with my cable provider because of the internet. They do not offer unlimited internet at all and to keep my current cap and speed I have to stay with their tv part also. If I drop the tv my internet charge goes from 40.00 a month to 100.00 a month and with two kids doing online learning and having to stay connected 8 hours a day to their classes via video I would have outrageous overage charges from going over the cap every month. I will have to try and find the games on Reddit like I have done since the ACC Network went live.

Okay that is why. I do not have the hulu+ live tv. I am stuck with my cable provider because of the internet. They do not offer unlimited internet at all and to keep my current cap and speed I have to stay with their tv part also. If I drop the tv my internet charge goes from 40.00 a month to 100.00 a month and with two kids doing online learning and having to stay connected 8 hours a day to their classes via video I would have outrageous overage charges from going over the cap every month. I will have to try and find the games on Reddit like I have done since the ACC Network went live.

I am sure you have considered this, but are there not any other internet service providers in your area? Usually most cities have some choices... but I know rural can be very limited for ISPs.

I am sure you have considered this, but are there not any other internet service providers in your area? Usually most cities have some choices... but I know rural can be very limited for ISPs.
this or even just tell your current provider that they suck and you're canceling. you might get a revised price that is low enough that subscribing to an online service that offers the ACCN for a couple of months during football season works out fine.

basically what i did with xfinity since comcast doesn't have ACCN - played hell with them about it and got a discount i couldn't turn down.

I live in a rural area of about 12,000 people.. only dsl and dial up are my other options and none offer unlimited internet.

Reactions: GbrNole
Questions about Youtube.

1) It says you are allowed 3 simultaneous streams, if you are recording shows does that count towards you 3 streams allowed?

2) Since there is no DVR, do you just use your TV remotes to play, record and all?

3) How much data is used every month? Comcast gives you 1.2 TB before they start charging more for usage. Do you have to get an unlimited data plan?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Questions about Youtube.

1) It says you are allowed 3 simultaneous streams, if you are recording shows does that count towards you 3 streams allowed?

2) Since there is no DVR, do you just use your TV remotes to play, record and all?

3) How much data is used every month? Comcast gives you 1.2 TB before they start charging more for usage. Do you have to get an unlimited data plan?

Thanks!
If ypu are streaming alot and gaming or web surfing you will easily go over your cap and be charged.

Reactions: Nole1nBoca
Questions about Youtube.

Thanks!
I don't have YTTV anymore, but had it for a long time and thought it was a great service. So this is by memory:

1) The three simultaneous streams mean three different devices can be streaming at once. For example, while you are watching FSU destroy GT in your man cave, your spouse can be watching HGTV in the living room and your kid can be watching Cartoon Network in the basement. One subscription give you access on up to six devices, but only three can be signed in and streaming simultaneously. Each person can be recording as much as they want.
2) There is no hardware storing your recordings. The YTTV/Google servers are storing everything in their "Cloud". You just choose what you want to record by clicking the favorite (I think it's a heart?) button as you browse the channels. Or you search by Florida State, college football, 5 o'clock News, etc. And add those as favorites. Then all those events will be recorded without you having to specify by day/time/game/episode. You just go to your library and find all of the things you "favorited" there available for your viewing pleasure. I believe you have 9 months before they get wiped.
3) I don't know, but I never came close. I think you'd have to be streaming nearly round the clock to be worried about going over your data cap unless you have a really restricted plan.

Questions about Youtube.

Thanks!
1) the three streams are three separate simultaneous logins.
2) yes if the app is installed on your smart tv. maybe if it's installed on a separate device. note though that DVR is not as convenient as traditional DVR when it comes to commercial skipping etc.
3) this is your important question. i run at about 80-90% of my 1.2 tb data cap every month. now with that said my wife and i are both working from home and we stream the crap out of content but i'm using a hybrid service where i stream all cable content but use outdoor antenna for cbs, nbc, abc, and fox. if i was streaming those too i'd probably go over the cap. i just want to reiterate though that i stream a crap-ton of content.

Here is a real SOB issue. If you are an Atlanta Braves fan there are several games broadcast on Fox Southeast or Fox Sports Go. Hulu has this. Youtube TV does not and it appears Fubo doesn't either. I get Fox Tennessee whatever that is. So now living just over an hour away from Atlanta I can get the Cincinnati games as well as the Marlins but no dice for the city just south of me when carried on Fox SE. The main reason I actually turn the TV on. :mad: Since I used my free trial the first time I canceled back in the spring this time I had to pay 65.00 to learn the learn the hard way that youtube TV did not fully settle their dispute with fox sports regional as so many had reported months ago.

Last edited:
Kept DIRECTV for now. Will change one day. I also use chrome cast to shoot secondary games to my 2nd big living room tv and laptop for third game and phone to check scores, Warchant.com etc

We started off with Youtube TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime and dabbling with other free streaming content. Pretty quickly though the traditional Youtube became a household favorite, I especially enjoy the seemingly limitless boating, history and dyi content.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT