ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane Harvey

So allegedly the meteorologists don't think this low (possibly Jose?) will develop or be serious for us. Also, there is a pretty good chance that a cold front might clear us next week since the atmosphere was destabilized by Harvey and it might only be 78 degrees next Thursday. Its very rare for fronts to clear for us until almost October. I guess a small silver lining potentially.

So allegedly the meteorologists don't think this low (possibly Jose?) will develop or be serious for us. Also, there is a pretty good chance that a cold front might clear us next week since the atmosphere was destabilized by Harvey and it might only be 78 degrees next Thursday. Its very rare for fronts to clear for us until almost October. I guess a small silver lining potentially.

A little bit cooler for the people that have to rip out carpets and drywall. Helping a few friends this weekend do this.

A little bit cooler for the people that have to rip out carpets and drywall. Helping a few friends this weekend do this.
Was out helping some friends in Bellaire do that yesterday and it almost felt like a fall morning yesterday. The only thing I dread is how bad the mosquitoes are about to be in a few days. I'm almost thinking I might dress up like Indiana Jones and hold a Citronella candle going outside then.

Reactions: GoNolesTX
The bad news:
Residential flood damage from Hurricane Harvey could reach as high as $37 billion, with more than two-thirds of losses not covered by insurance, according to CoreLogic estimates.

Insured flood loss for homes in the 70-county area affected by the storm, including inland, flash and storm surge flooding, is projected to be between $6.5 billion and $9.5 billion; insured damage from wind is estimated to be an additional $1 billion to $2 billion, CoreLogic said.

But for the same area, uninsured residential flood loss is expected to be between $18 billion and $27 billion — or 70% of total residential flood losses.

The good news:
Tiger's Bluejack National course was spared.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT