ADVERTISEMENT

I'm sorry, but holy crap the old people down here in S. FL suck.

Stereotyping large groups of people, making fun of their accents, claiming moral superiority over said group--the irony is not lost on me.

You from Jersey, brah?

It seems like many Southerners are still re-living the Civil War days. Even after 150 years, they are still insecure because they got their asses whooped.

I say this as a Maryland native, with my Dad being from North Carolina, so I'm kinda Southern myself.

You from Jersey, brah?

It seems like many Southerners are still re-living the Civil War days. Even after 150 years, they are still insecure because they got their asses whooped.

I say this as a Maryland native, with my Dad being from North Carolina, so I'm kinda Southern myself.
New York. But my family moved to North Broward in '83, after I finished 5th grade. I actually agree with the general sentiment about S. Florida. I never liked it and still don't. I find it just a bad mix of people and endless sprawl. The old New Yorkers can be a pain in the ass for sure. But so are many of the "native" Southerners who are basically just white trailer trash. Throw in the Cubans and Haitians and Canadians and you got quite a stew boiling down there. It's more like a bad science experiment than a melting pot. So I understand the negative perception of the people down there. But I don't really find other parts of Florida all that appealing either. I enjoyed Tallahassee because it had some hills and a slight bit of seasonality compared to the South. I understand the appeal if you're a beach person or just someone who likes to live near water and hates cold weather. I'm not one of those people, so I find the negative far outweighs the positive.

Reactions: lurker2001
And not one of them has ever had the decency to load up the RV with jugs of NY tap water so they can show us what real bagles and pizza taste like.
There actually are places in Fl that do that. Dumb in my opinion. Despite the hype, you can get pizza that is every bit as good as NYC in any decent sized city in America. Maybe the bagels are better there, but they are freaking bagels. Who cares if they are slightly better?

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
Irene-Noblette.jpg

Dammit, stop posting pictures of me when I was Miss FSU, would you?:p

Reactions: NoleFan2U
I can barely drag myself out of bed each day. #godswaitingroom

o5LlGC.jpg

X7ySe6.jpg

You from Jersey, brah?

Sounds like Baltimoron Nole

Reactions: lurker2001
And not one of them has ever had the decency to load up the RV with jugs of NY tap water so they can show us what real bagles and pizza taste like.
I don't quite get what you're saying, but the tap water in NYC is surprisingly good.

You from Jersey, brah?

It's not insecurity. We just don't give a damn about how you did it up north, we have our own Florida style. The state was so much better when the yanks would go back home after their vacation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT