ADVERTISEMENT

Invest 99L (Now TD 9)(Now TS Hermine)(Now Hurricane Hermine)

I think Waverly is finally up and running! The three boys appreciated the warm bath tonight and once they are in bed we plan on getting the two week old a bath too!
I also just went and picked up a 6 pack of Oktoberfest beer so things are on the up and up! Gonna get the kids in bed and watch A Season with on Hulu! Never taking AC or power for granted again.

Strongly considering a house generator eventually. Most won't power your AC or hot water though. At least wouldn't have lost everything in the fridge.
You can certainly get one that will. We considered it after we were out for 5 days after Ivan and multiple days for a few other storms. I ended up deciding that $10k+ was more than I wanted to spend for something that happens that infrequently.

Reactions: trefeet
Take the money that would've been used to purchase a generator and get out of town for a few days until the power comes back on next time this happens. Turn it into an impromptu mini-family vacation.

Reactions: GE Nole and trefeet
Take the money that would've been used to purchase a generator and get out of town for a few days until the power comes back on next time this happens. Turn it into an impromptu mini-family vacation.
Very true. If we didn't have a two week old or if the storm strengthened a little more we would have left town.
Not in the cards to purchase one anytime soon. Four kids require a decent chunk of the monthly budget and I wouldn't have it any other way. (For the people who think we are crazy to have 4)

I think Waverly is finally up and running! The three boys appreciated the warm bath tonight and once they are in bed we plan on getting the two week old a bath too!
I also just went and picked up a 6 pack of Oktoberfest beer so things are on the up and up! Gonna get the kids in bed and watch A Season with on Hulu! Never taking AC or power for granted again.
We got back on at 3:30 yesterday morning and after a couple more blips, seem to be in good shape. Our internet is down because Comcast is still Comcast, but our TV is through DirecTV, so we have television at least.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT