ADVERTISEMENT

Invest 99L (Now TD 9)(Now TS Hermine)(Now Hurricane Hermine)

Ok where's FEMA?
A Tallahassee icon needs help

636084050941277076-14199365-10154546589873982-4501598445649988497-n.jpg

Damn!!! Hope they can repair that landmark quickly!

We got a few gusts of wind and a little bit of debris in Northern St Johns County. One of our dogs woke me up at 3 AM to go outside and it was pretty windy then. For us, this was not bad at all. I'm at my office off JTB right now and the sun is peaking through the clouds over here.

Waverly Pond neighborhood looks like a war zone. Trees on houses, trees crushed cars, power lines on the ground, debris everywhere. Half dozen roads within the neighborhood are impassable. Power is still out, going on about 13-14 hours now.

Must have been a microburst. The western eyewall moved right over us.
Yeah dude I was scared last night.

Feeling lucky in Waverly. Ton of tree limbs but none hit the house. Neighbor across street had pine tree hit her roof. Neighbor down the road has huge pine on their house.
AT&T cell service struggling though. Up in Killearn lakes on wifi currently. Something to be said for buried cable lines!

Feeling lucky in Waverly. Ton of tree limbs but none hit the house. Neighbor across street had pine tree hit her roof. Neighbor down the road has huge pine on their house.
AT&T cell service struggling though. Up in Killearn lakes on wifi currently. Something to be said for buried cable lines!
We have buried lines too in Southwood but it didn't stop our power and cable from going out.

I've been out driving 3x today. I've yet to see a single utility truck. Surely they're out there, and I'm sure they're overwhelmed...but it is a bit odd not seeing any of them.

Oh and I'm with you on AT&T struggling. My fiancé has Verizon and everything is running fine on her phone.

Reactions: noleclone2

You ain't lying. My AT&T has been crap all day. Using my work cell which is Verizon--a lot better.

@LauderdaleNole the oaks have actually been okay for the most part in Waverly. Pines are down everywhere. I think part of the issue is the last real bad storm this area had was Kate back in 1985 (I was here for that too). So there were a ton of weaker trees that Mother Nature needed to cull.

We have buried lines too in Southwood but it didn't stop our power and cable from going out.

I've been out driving 3x today. I've yet to see a single utility truck. Surely they're out there, and I'm sure they're overwhelmed...but it is a bit odd not seeing any of them.

Oh and I'm with you on AT&T struggling. My fiancé has Verizon and everything is running fine on her phone.

I hear you on lack of trucks. Have not seen many any up here. Oddly, damage up here in Killeen Lakes / Bull Headley area is light. After looking at my property, my neighbors places, and driving 4 miles east to gas station, I felt good about my chances of getting power back on in timely manner based on what I saw as an overall lack of damage to electrical lines. Apparently, I was wrong!

I hear you on lack of trucks. Have not seen many any up here. Oddly, damage up here in Killeen Lakes / Bull Headley area is light. After looking at my property, my neighbors places, and driving 4 miles east to gas station, I felt good about my chances of getting power back on in timely manner based on what I saw as an overall lack of damage to electrical lines. Apparently, I was wrong!
Must be damage down the line. My brother, Silver Pine Road?, is still without power.

You ain't lying. My AT&T has been crap all day. Using my work cell which is Verizon--a lot better.

@LauderdaleNole the oaks have actually been okay for the most part in Waverly. Pines are down everywhere. I think part of the issue is the last real bad storm this area had was Kate back in 1985 (I was here for that too). So there were a ton of weaker trees that Mother Nature needed to cull.

I was wondering if anyone had a comparison... I was there for Kate too, and from what I've seen of footage on TV of the aftermath of Hermine, its nothing compared to Kate. The whole town was wrecked for that one, not just localized... at least that's my impression so far.

My brother off of Miccosoukee Road says that power is still out, but the yard had very little debris. He and my mom both have plenty of trees, but brother said it was literally just "twigs" on the ground in their yards.
Dodged a bullet, party of two.

Being down in waverly and visiting my parents in killearn lakes it looks like the spot in between that was hit the hardest is like oak plantation area. Saw a power line poll snapped in half. Maybe tornado?

I wonder if them being 7 miles north helped much. We had way more tree damage down here than they did. Wonder how east TLH is looking. I would imagine they were in the eye at some point. We never had a break in waverly.

hope you guys get power back for tomorrow - there are a lotta good games!

Really? There are good games tomorrow? Had no idea man, thanks for the heads up. I better call CoT to get my power on pronto.

Seriously, many will be without power for 3+ more days. Maybe over a week. Folks all in my neighborhood had trees on their roof. I'm guessing that watching football is a luxury right now.

Being down in waverly and visiting my parents in killearn lakes it looks like the spot in between that was hit the hardest is like oak plantation area. Saw a power line poll snapped in half. Maybe tornado?

I wonder if them being 7 miles north helped much. We had way more tree damage down here than they did. Wonder how east TLH is looking. I would imagine they were in the eye at some point. We never had a break in waverly.

The heavy eye-wall never really made it north of I-10. Just trained on our area.

I was wondering if anyone had a comparison... I was there for Kate too, and from what I've seen of footage on TV of the aftermath of Hermine, its nothing compared to Kate. The whole town was wrecked for that one, not just localized... at least that's my impression so far.

Kate was worse. But this is still fairly bad.

Waverly now 25 hours without power. And yes GE football would be nice but doesn't seem so important when across the street a neighbor has a tarp on her roof.

Reactions: GE Nole
Waverly now 25 hours without power. And yes GE football would be nice but doesn't seem so important when across the street a neighbor has a tarp on her roof.

Know the exact house you're talking about. Def feel for them.

I'm in Summerbrooke and we came through just fine on damage. I drove this AM to check on my mom's home in Killearn and it was good, just lots of small debris. I then went to check on my in-laws in Waverly and yep, whole different world in there. They had several limbs down, a couple large enough to be sawed up and a power line down in their yard. Feeing very fortunate. Took a while to clean debris out of my pool was the worst I could say at my house.

Know the exact house you're talking about. Def feel for them.
Yeah one across had tree fall in back yard and clipped her house. One three doors down had tree on entire house.

I had a huge pile of limbs to haul off. So glad didn't get anything on the house.

I'm starting to feel guilty. We live near Deer Lake middle school and never lost power. Its a good day for a bbq, think we'll find a way to invite our townee friends over for football and a/c.

Still no power for us off of Pedrick Rd.
There was still a downed power line across Buck Lake Rd before getting to Pedrick. Several snapped utility poles on Buck Lake Rd as well.
Only twigs in our yard. One house at the neighborhood entrance had a tree snap at the roots and fall on his house, put a hole in the roof.
There is a tree down in the woods behind my house that blocks our trail to the park. Will cut that puppy up today. Next step is to figure out where to watch football today...

I'm starting to feel guilty. We live near Deer Lake middle school and never lost power. Its a good day for a bbq, think we'll find a way to invite our townee friends over for football and a/c.

Still no power for us off of Pedrick Rd.
There was still a downed power line across Buck Lake Rd before getting to Pedrick. Several snapped utility poles on Buck Lake Rd as well.
Only twigs in our yard. One house at the neighborhood entrance had a tree snap at the roots and fall on his house, put a hole in the roof.
There is a tree down in the woods behind my house that blocks our trail to the park. Will cut that puppy up today. Next step is to figure out where to watch football today...

Hey squiffy...

Sitting in my car charging my phone while taking a break from building my third massive pile of branches. House starting to get pretty warm.

If you see the massive branch piles right at the entrance of Waverly off thomasville, that's me!

Sitting in my car charging my phone while taking a break from building my third massive pile of branches. House starting to get pretty warm.

If you see the massive branch piles right at the entrance of Waverly off thomasville, that's me!

Haven't lived in Tally since forever but I know where that is - that pond is still there, right?

Power is back for my parents in Weems. We'll be heading over there for the duration since I wouldn't inflict 2 <3yr olds on anyone wanting to enjoy some games today.
Costco off of Mahan was selling ice and had plenty of water last night at 6pm. They were running the facility on generator.

Haven't lived in Tally since forever but I know where that is - that pond is still there, right?

Yes, and quite full right now! Fortunately we are up a bit of a hill. We didn't have any issues, even a couple years ago when the pond completely flooded over, including going over the sign and the bridge.

Piney-Z neighborhood checking in. No power here. Damage not too bad. A few downed trees and the usual assortment of storm debris. Sent the Missus and dog to friends with power.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT